Steve Hackett back catalog in surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its being released sooner, from yesterdays e-mail

The items listed below will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected based on the new release date:

Steve Hackett "Premonitions - The Charisma Recordings"
Previous estimated arrival date: October 23 2015
New estimated arrival date: October 13 2015

Its being released sooner, from yesterdays e-mail

The items listed below will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected based on the new release date:

Steve Hackett "Premonitions - The Charisma Recordings"
Previous estimated arrival date: October 23 2015
New estimated arrival date: October 13 2015

I got the same thing too, but I'm not certain the new date is right.
October 23rd is still the date for the MP3 release of the box set on amazon.co.uk, as well as the release date of the physical box according to Burning Shed and Hackett's own webstore, but we shall see.

Has this box set been described anywhere as "limited edition"?

Also, do we know what disc format the 5.1 mixes are in, Blu-ray or DVD-A or DVD-V..?

All I can find is that they're DVD, no detail on A or V I'm afraid. I've not seen them described as limited editions anywhere. This is one that I haven't pre-ordered yet, I'm waiting to see what the price does, and what the reviews are like. October's expensive enough as it is, with loads of pre-orders already made!

All I can find is that they're DVD, no detail on A or V I'm afraid. I've not seen them described as limited editions anywhere. This is one that I haven't pre-ordered yet, I'm waiting to see what the price does, and what the reviews are like. October's expensive enough as it is, with loads of pre-orders already made!

Thanks matey :upthumb

(I fear they may be DVD-V...)

I've pre-ordered the box (£86 @ Amazon UK) but would rather cancel and hold out for BD-A if it's absolutely confirmed that
a.) the 5.1 in the box is on DVD-Video
and b.) Separate Blu-ray releases are definitely coming down the line..
hmm...

Thanks matey :upthumb

(I fear they may be DVD-V...)

I've pre-ordered the box (£86 @ Amazon UK) but would rather cancel and hold out for BD-A if it's absolutely confirmed that
a.) the 5.1 in the box is on DVD-Video
and b.) Separate Blu-ray releases are definitely coming down the line..
hmm...

I'm with you on this I think. The standalone blurays for the 2 proper 5.1s in this boxset have already been mentioned as definite by both SH and SW, I think. Meaning then I suppose that these 2 mixes in the boxset may turn out to be inferior, if they are only DVD-Vs, to the eventual blurays. Well the release date for this on Amazon UK is still showing as 13th October, so we should find out soon. I'm planning to spend the second half of October Thrakking anyway :cool:

Please note that no one has ever officially confirmed if the eventual standalone releases of "Please Don't Touch" and "Spectral Mornings" will be on Blu-Ray or not. They might be CD/DVD combo packs, and the CDs and DVDs might be exactly the same as what's in the box.
As for the box, I hope the DVDs are DVD-A/V discs, and if they are, the box set is a definite keep.
However, if it's just DVD-V, I may end up keeping it if the remixes are good and are presented in surround with DTS 96/24. If it turns out there's just "Dullby" audio, you can be sure I will send it straight back to where I bought it from.

Please note that no one has ever officially confirmed if the eventual standalone releases of "Please Don't Touch" and "Spectral Mornings" will be on Blu-Ray or not. They might be CD/DVD combo packs, and the CDs and DVDs might be exactly the same as what's in the box.
As for the box, I hope the DVDs are DVD-A/V discs, and if they are, the box set is a definite keep.
However, if it's just DVD-V, I may end up keeping it if the remixes are good and are presented in surround with DTS 96/24. If it turns out there's just "Dullby" audio, you can be sure I will send it straight back to where I bought it from.

I 'fear' these will be DTS DVD-V's, RT..

I 'fear' these will be DTS DVD-V's, RT..

We'll see. Paul Sinclair (from SuperDeluxeEdition.com) got in his copy of the box early (probably for reviewing purposes), and he said that all of the DVDs have "DVD-Audio" on the front of them, but he hasn't played them yet to know for sure if they are definitely DVD-As or not.

We'll see. Paul Sinclair (from SuperDeluxeEdition.com) got in his copy of the box early (probably for reviewing purposes), and he said that all of the DVDs have "DVD-Audio" on the front of them, but he hasn't played them yet to know for sure if they are definitely DVD-As or not.

Ooh thanks! Now that sounds promising..!! :banana:

I noticed the price was $124 US from this site and if you use promo code 6KMP56 you knock another $20 off as that is deal for over $100 order.
I wanted to order something on my birthday(today) so this is my treat and have bought this today from grooves.
Hope it gets through without any extra duty, will see.

peter

:party

:brew

Aagain.jpg

Actually.... I did it twice! :smokin ;) (y)

$20.00 USD Coupon code: 6KMP56

I used the $20 off to pay $104 USD - Delivered - for The Hackett Box... and

My daughter used the $20 off to pay $120 USD for Aqualung Deluxe w/BluRay 5.1. Still more than I wanted to pay but I've not seen it cheaper in a long while.

Thanks for the great tip RvD!!! That store ships free worldwide(orders over $23.00 USD) free.(y)

View attachment 22185

Actually.... I did it twice! :smokin ;) (y)

$20.00 USD Coupon code: 6KMP56

I used the $20 off to pay $104 USD - Delivered - for The Hackett Box... and

My daughter used the $20 off to pay $120 USD for Aqualung Deluxe w/BluRay 5.1. Still more than I wanted to pay but I've not seen it cheaper in a long while.

Thanks for the great tip RvD!!! That store ships free worldwide(orders over $23.00 USD) free.(y)

Don't feel bad...I paid even more for aqualung..AND I'M GLAD I DID...no remorse..I'm surprised it is still available...

UPDATE TO POST...speaking of aqualung...HERE

Am I missing something? Or does this set not include the flat transfers of the original stereo mixes for these albums in 24 bit, 96k?
Or is the type too small to read?

Am I missing something? Or does this set not include the flat transfers of the original stereo mixes for these albums in 24 bit, 96k?
Or is the type too small to read?

Under the DVDs for "Please Don't Touch" and "Spectral Mornings", it says "96 kHz/24 bit Stereo Mix", but it doesn't specify whether it's Steven Wilson's new stereo mix, the original mix, or both.

Back