MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the very first Laserdiscs with a digital track. Or was it *the* first? 30 years later (!!!) all I can remember is that the digital track was part of the reason I bought it. And I kinda remember that the analog track on that one was really noisy, so the digital was most welcome.

Don't know if it was THE FIRST, but , yes, it has a DIGITAL AUDIO stream....

28155.jpg

Don't know if it was THE FIRST, but , yes, it has a DIGITAL AUDIO stream....

I've never seen that obi before...mine has the same cover art but the Japanese text is limited to a little triangle slipped over an upper corner. That was pretty common on Japanese Laserdiscs at the time.

Last edited:
I've never seen that obi before...mine has the same cover art but the Japanese text is limited to a little triangle slipped over an upper corner. That was pretty common on Japanese Laserdiscs at the time.

I think it's a repressing (hence, the "Pick me Up" on the OBI), and yes, mine has THIS Obi....

Paul McCartney - The McCartney Years 3xDVD with 5.1 mixes
Gentle Giant - GG At The GG - BBC Sight & Sound In Concert, DVD & CD (Matrix-H encoded)

Paul McCartney - The McCartney Years 3xDVD with 5.1 mixes
Gentle Giant - GG At The GG - BBC Sight & Sound In Concert, DVD & CD (Matrix-H encoded)

Re the Gentle Giant

For those not familiar with this format ,it is a rare BBC QUAD Matrix HJ encoded 1978 cd/dvd and is on the Alucard label, same label as" Power And The Glory", and should decode decently with dolby pro and pro 2.

And as "rare" as this Quad encoding cd/dvd is,.............it's still available to purchase!

Wonderful new arrangements and her lovely self!!
¡¡YO AMO A JULIETA!!!

I was looking for this , but I only found a region A BD on yamazon US,
BUT I looked in the You'reapeein' ones and found out that it was released as a CD/DVD (DTS)

"Unplugged"

The MCH mix SUCKS, but, ah, what the hell, the concert is DEFINITELY worth it!!!

R-2296073-1275130488.jpeg.jpg

image.jpg2_1.jpg
I was hoping the Duran Duran DVD was MC album, but appears to be a bonus concert. It is in 5.1 though, so hopefully it's cool.
Not sure what's up with the Beyoncé DVD. It is labeled "Visual Album." Hopefully at least Dubly 5.1, but we'll see. Won't be near my Oppo for a few days.

View attachment 21813
I was hoping the Duran Duran DVD was MC album, but appears to be a bonus concert. It is in 5.1 though, so hopefully it's cool.
Not sure what's up with the Beyoncé DVD. It is labeled "Visual Album." Hopefully at least Dubly 5.1, but we'll see. Won't be near my Oppo for a few days.

Eh, these are both a bust. Gonna try to get store credit later today and look a lil harder for some essay-ceedees.

Wonderful new arrangements and her lovely self!!
¡¡YO AMO A JULIETA!!!

I was looking for this , but I only found a region A BD on yamazon US,
BUT I looked in the You'reapeein' ones and found out that it was released as a CD/DVD (DTS)

"Unplugged"

The MCH mix SUCKS, but, ah, what the hell, the concert is DEFINITELY worth it!!!

View attachment 21453

OK, I'll do a 180 regarding the mix...
When I first listened to this , I only listened to a couple of songs..
Yesterday I saw the WHOLE CONCERT, which is VERY IMPRESSIVE.
The band is GREAT and she arranged the songs in a VERY cool way for this "unplugged"...
The Bassist has this GREAT ROUND sound on his "semi" upright.
The Mix is QUITE good, MUCH better than expected, I'd rate it a 7.5, lot of stuff on the rears and a nice "bubble".

SQ is excellent , and it's DTS ...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

was this released on BD in EUROPE?

Did I say I was on a Thin Lizzy streak?

First, the best one so far... sound wise , it's not the best , but you can hear everything (except the bass drum) and it's MONO...and the video has that horizontal lines interference from the early cameras..but who cares?
Scott Gorham is WAY lower than Snowy White but you get the WHOLE CONCERT!!!
"Thin Lizzy"
"Are you Ready?"
Live in Germany (Rockpalast 1981)
GREAT CONCERT!!!!!
Phil was a riot onstage...
This was REALLY CHEAP and worth every penny

Next..
"Thin Lizzy: Live in Concert -Dublin 1983- Thunder & Lightning Tour"
Now, this one, somebody fucked up the video, so it's "squeezed", but at least the audio is Stereo (although reversed...Scott was on the LEFT when he is on the RIGHT), and it has a HF cutoff...
NOT the whole concert, and Phil was DEFINITELY a little bit more than "worse for wear"...but he still managed to pull it off!!!

LONG LIVE PHIL!!!!

Saw it on utoob and found it quite cheap online, new..
GREAT CONCERT!!!
(even better than the "Caught in the Act" one...I was never a fan of John on drums..he was all over tempo wise)

STYX

"Return to Paradise" (German release)
R-2607321-1292895822.jpeg.jpg

Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere... (2xDVD)
Incredible concert!!! Wilson & Co are just out of this world! Excellent 5.1 dts sound with some deepest bass out there.(y)

A Final Hit - Leftfield (CD + Dolby Digital DVD-V)

Nice overview on the CD, with bonus DVD of 7 videos (in 4:3 aspect ratio) complete with 5.1 surround mixes..
quick flick through, they're the real deal.. and this set can be had used for pennies.. Nice to hear something in this genre again in surround..

Back