MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camel - In From The Cold. A concert dvd from the amazing London Barbican show of October 2013. Only stereo, but the sound is excellent. A lovely slice of gentle English prog.

John Fogerty - Premonition. Excellent surround mix by Mr Scheiner (what else would you expect?). Unfortunately it's only Dolby...

Live In Hyde Park & Skin and Bones - Foo Fighters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 279
Paradise Lost: Draconian Times

Beautiful CD/DVD set with booklet; shame the 5.1 sucks. Jens Bogren strikes again! Muddy vocals, VERY poor use of rears; boring, uninspired, tame and very front heavy 90% of the time. This is the same guy who did Opeth's Ghost Reveries which is literally double stereo for 95% of album.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 242
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 242
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 247
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 242
I should post on this thread more cause I but tons of Music DVDs. Here is my latest score Saturday. 9 disc box set of the Midnight Special. Sealed. $9 at goodwill. That was impossibly lucky. I have wanted these since they started running the infomercial.

ForumRunner_20140824_143448.jpg

Great deal, just don't expect anything of the 5.1 on these, but a hoot to watch. Unfortunately, now you'll have the track down the second set that covers the same years.... they are rarer and not to be had for $9! John

I bet those are hard to find! I like to check ebay to see how well I've done and they bid a box set like the one I have up to $67 over the weekend and it was a used one.

I don't think the second discs came as a set, you had to have been signed up to Gunthy Renker subscription service for this series to get them. John

Yeah from what I've read, they gave you the option for the subscription on the first set, or you could save a couple dollars and just buy the box. Then the second set was through the subscription and the program died after that. I doubt there was ever a box offer for the second. I would have to hunt them one at a time or buy a collection from someone (probably for way too much money judging by what the first set goes for. I'm happy with the first set for now. But I am a completist so I may hunt the others.

Rolling Stones - LA Forum 1975
A dream come true. Absolutely fantastic 5.1 in the sense that the guitars are much more distinct than in the stereo track

Back