MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Hackett Fire And Ice
Styx Grand Illusion/Pice of Eight
Rush Time Machine Tour
Peter Gabriel New Blood
Carpet Crawlers Live At The Farm

Electric Heart - Don Ellis DVD-V
51JhWOzEOoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Joe Jackson Live at Rockpalast & Grace Potter Live at Lollapalooza 2011. Both great shows. The Joe Jackson is 3 different shows.

Hi All,

Here is one I found in Seattle that may have flown under the radar. There is a three disc video set called "Can DVD" by the experimental German rock band CAN. Apparently there is also a 2 disc verson that also has the same surround content.

There are only four songs mixed in 5.1 Dolby Digital on this release, but the mixes are discrete and I believe this is the only Can available in surround sound. Three of the mixes are quite discrete while the fourth is conservative. If you like the band you may wish to seek out this release, which goes for as cheap as $21 on Amazon.com.

I hope this finds one good Can fan!

Ken

FYI- There is a CAN Promo (Only) Compilation on SACD - not officially released I believe:

can5-1.jpg

Track List

1. Spoon (from Ege Bamyasi) [03:07]
2. Yoo Doo Right (edit, from Monster Movie) [08:27]
3. One More Night (from Ege Bamyasi) [05:36]
4. Half Past One (from Landed) * [04:35]
5. Mushroom (from Tago Mago) [04:03]
6. Oh Yeah (from Tago Mago) [07:24]
7. Halleluwah (edit, from Tago Mago) [09:35]
8. Sing Swan Song (from Ege Bamyasi) [04:35]
9. Tango Whiskyman (from Soundtracks) [04:03]
10. Below this Level (from Rite Time) * [02:16]
11. Smoke (from Flow Motion) * [03:17]
12. Get the Can (available only on Can DVD) * [02:02]
13. She Brings the Rain (from Soundtracks) [04:06]

Looks like some of the titles are on the SACD and DVD...

I have a Can Hybrid SACD of Ege Bamyasi which is stereo only.

Ken

FYI- There is a CAN Promo (Only) Compilation on SACD - not officially released I believe:

can5-1.jpg

Track List

can5-1.jpg

Track List

there was one up on eBay from a seller based in Paris, kept being relisted for a good while, up until a couple of weeks ago when it was pulled.

maybe someone made the seller an offer close to what they wanted?

the original "buy it now" asking price?

yours for a cool $999..!!!

now, just in case someone did buy it.. and just in case they're a QQ member (its a small surround sound world!) .. let me prepare you.. don't have a nervous breakdown..

.. but my one and only offline surround friend here in the UK, Paul, has it - and he picked it up in a thrift store only a couple of months ago.. and he paid £5 - that's FIVE ENGLISH POUNDS - that's $8 US - for it..!!!!

so these "ultra-rare" things are out there and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for them, you just have to be patient and be in the right place at the right time.

I've not heard it myself yet but my mate Paul reckons its not upto much, surround-wise.

Next time I'm round his place I'll get him to stick it on for me.

there was one up on eBay from a seller based in Paris, kept being relisted for a good while, up until a couple of weeks ago when it was pulled.

maybe someone made the seller an offer close to what they wanted?

the original "buy it now" asking price?

yours for a cool $999..!!!

now, just in case someone did buy it.. and just in case they're a QQ member (its a small surround sound world!) .. let me prepare you.. don't have a nervous breakdown..

.. but my one and only offline surround friend here in the UK, Paul, has it - and he picked it up in a thrift store only a couple of months ago.. and he paid £5 - that's FIVE ENGLISH POUNDS - that's $8 US - for it..!!!!

so these "ultra-rare" things are out there and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for them, you just have to be patient and be in the right place at the right time.

I've not heard it myself yet but my mate Paul reckons its not upto much, surround-wise.

Next time I'm round his place I'll get him to stick it on for me.

WOW 5 pounds!!!!

I haven't heard this (yet)... so I can't comment....:eek:

Van der Graaf Generator - Live at Metropolis Studios

I never bought the original DVD when it came out a while back and now I'm glad I waited, this new set has the DVD and 2cd's included. There's a DTS 5.1 track on the dvd and that's what I'm playing now. The center and rears are ambiance only so it's not what I'd call a real 5.1 mix by any means. Still, it's an enjoyable disc, especially for the VdGG/pH aficionado.

Van der Graaf Generator - Live at Metropolis Studios

I never bought the original DVD when it came out a while back and now I'm glad I waited, this new set has the DVD and 2cd's included. There's a DTS 5.1 track on the dvd and that's what I'm playing now. The center and rears are ambiance only so it's not what I'd call a real 5.1 mix by any means. Still, it's an enjoyable disc, especially for the VdGG/pH aficionado.

I thought the mix was very good and that the rears got more than ambiance. I will have to check that one out again, because my first two impressions were very good for the 5.1 mix.

Living in the Material World (Deluxe Limited Ed) - George Harrison 2 DVD/Blu-Ray/CD
515jHUkgO0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kinks at the BBC 6CD/1 DVD
AD2012081826307-2-The_Kinks_at_th.jpg
Graceland 25th Anniversary Deluxe - Paul Simon 2CD/2 DVD
120328_graceland25_pdt.jpg

Ram - Paul McCartney Archive Collection 4 CD/DVD
explodedpackshot.jpg

The Wall Immersion Box - Pink Floyd 6 CD/1 DVD
pink-floyd3_1201_eee.jpg

Live at Rockpalast - Joe Jackson
510HSj9I5ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Really looking forward to receiving Michael Jackson / Bad 25. ( in the post ) I was at the concert back in July, '88 ( 15th ) & attended concerts on July 16th. ( i attented most of the U.K. concerts, that year. )
Watching the concert that i attended, will be very emotional for me ! For me, Michael was the greatest artist / performer of all time !

Back in the Quad days, UK and a few French imports were all we saw here in Chicago. In the days of CD and beyond, we get imports here from everywhere. Notice that I listed earlier this month picking up Joe Jackson at Rockpalast.

A few weeks ago, I was watching a movie called It's Different for Girls. I swore one of the actors looked like ID. It was!

"It's all my brain and body need." - ID

Wow, you get that stuff over there, too?

Here's info about this on the archive page of Rockpalast.

-Kristian

Back