MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Private View - Swing Out Sister DVD/CD
View attachment 11127

Welcome to Sunny Florida - Tori Amos DVD/CD
View attachment 11126
Hi Quad Linda.
Can you tell me more about the Canned Heat DVD. I'm a big fan.
Phil.
On the Road...Again - Canned Heat UK 2 DVD
Hi Quad Linda.
Can you tell me more about the Canned Heat DVD. How does it sound. I'm a big fan.

Thanks. Phil.

Live 1973 Sail Away - Blood, Sweat & Tears
8983423.jpg

Just picked up Bowie's Reality Tour DVD for £5.99 at HMV. It's also part of their 2 for £10 deal :) 30 tracks, 2 hours 20 minutes, 5.1.

51swmf8NjUL.jpg

Me too, there's been so many great "Classic Albums" documentaries over the years. My faves are Stevie Wonder's SITKOL, Queen's ANATO, FM's Rumours, SD's Aja, EJ's GYBR, DSOTM, Machine Head & Who's Next - all essential if (like me) you love those out and out classic albums.

Who is Harry Nilsson (and why is everybody talkin' about him)? DVD documentary HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Great footage of Nilsson performing. Interviews with Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, John Lennon, Mickey Dolenz, Ringo Starr, Paul Williams, Jimmy Webb, Randy Newman, Brian Wilson, Van Dyke Parks, Robin Williams, Smothers Brothers, Yoko Ono and more... A tragic tale of a genius.
art22322widea.jpg

nilssonharry.jpg

71mTw-jZd8L._SL1023_.jpg

61B0JZsplbL.jpg
Check out their goof up...hmmm the US WB one was NOT SQ as we all know...guess it was too difficult to find out that it was CD-4...

OK, so , I'm a SUCKAAAAAA.....
since nobody has reported on this, I found it for 20+EUR NEW (although it sez used, it is sold by amaz*n) on their spanish site (.es)

HEADS UP- if you want it, there's only ONE left at this price; the others are 168 EUR !!!!!

Sounds like a transfer from the SACD (it's the UK mix)...gonna have to look into it...Quad transfer done by Peter Mew(tilation) in 2012...but I hear some EQ...hmmmm....
but for that price , I guess it's a good buy!

Cheers,

(Maybe I'm a Leo...but I AM a Lion ...sometimes)

Check out their goof up...hmmm the US WB one was NOT SQ as we all know...guess it was too difficult to find out that it was CD-4...

OK, so , I'm a SUCKAAAAAA.....
since nobody has reported on this, I found it for 20+EUR NEW (although it sez used, it is sold by amaz*n) on their spanish site (.es)

HEADS UP- if you want it, there's only ONE left at this price; the others are 168 EUR !!!!!

Sounds like a transfer from the SACD (it's the UK mix)...gonna have to look into it...Quad transfer done by Peter Mew(tilation) in 2012...but I hear some EQ...hmmmm....
but for that price , I guess it's a good buy!

Cheers,

(Maybe I'm a Leo...but I AM a Lion ...sometimes)

Thanks for the heads up. Sadly, I just tried to order that last one and they won't ship to the UK :( Oh well...

You know, I can volunteer to have it sent to me, but , alas, I think that the S&H to the UK is probably going to cost more than the item itself!!!!

Lemme know...

You know, I can volunteer to have it sent to me, but , alas, I think that the S&H to the UK is probably going to cost more than the item itself!!!!

Lemme know...

You're probably right. And UK Customs will slap sales tax on it too. Thanks for the offer though :)

the seller has 85% feedback rating.. doubtful its the real deal anyway.

Well, I got it and it seems like the real deal!
At least the DVD-V....
Also checked the CDs and they are all purple colored. Box seems legit and new...maybe it was old stock....

EDIT: checked the ratings and all of the low ones are because of the delivery times (late, etc.)...I ordered it on Tuesday and got it today!

Well, I got it and it seems like the real deal!
At least the DVD-V....
Also checked the CDs and they are all purple colored. Box seems legit and new...maybe it was old stock....

EDIT: checked the ratings and all of the low ones are because of the delivery times (late, etc.)...I ordered it on Tuesday and got it today!

great stuff! (y)

interesting to see Peter Mew get the credit for doing the Quad mix back in '72.. the liner notes to the ELO 1st Light DVD/CD combo imply Peter Mew mixed the Quad on that too but when I raised the possibility here it was dismissed.. maybe the much-maligned Mr.Mew did indeed create some of these Quads back in the day.. either way he's taking credit for it now! :eek:

Well.... after the postponing and missing the deadlines (it was Nov. 2 2013 originally), I finally got my Goldfrapp "Tales of us" box set...and just as a bonus....
I got a signed copy!!! (I made it by juuuust that much since only the 1st 500 copies were signed :) )

Sounds really good, the strings mostly in the rears and a submersive mix... there's a happy camper here ...this calls for a dancing banana
:banana:
(BANANA!!!!)

Photo on 2014-01-03 at 09.41.jpg

Excellent live "ES-esque" discrete surround mix in DTS. Originally broadcast on Direct TV, this concert was recorded at the Great American Music Hall in San Fran in 2004. Recommended!

Boz%20Scaggs%20-%20Greatest%20Hits%20Live%20%20Front.jpg

Back