New SHM-SACDs announced today...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it's not as much about audiophilia but about having the piece of something which makes
ones to feel special. for same reason some people pay big bucks for used underwear of celebrities :)

Looking forward to the Ebay Shocker post chronicalling Elliot Schiener's user boxers. :)

Holst Planets (Karajan, 1962) now has a release date of March 27, 2012. Delayed.

update: Nevermind. Now it's back to it's orig. date of Feb. 22.

Last edited:
8 count em! eight versions of scad, sacd/hybrid mono/single layer/single layer stereo/hybrid stereo/single layer mc/hybrid mc/and now shm.8 versions.
This reminds me of quad days, how many versions were there? But with dvd audio it's pretty simple. as for me I will never understand why in hell to go nuts over this format, why stereo versions? CC had a web site where rthey had the "BlowxBlow" sacd, but they listed 2 seperate discs, and never once mentioned anything about the difference that was 1 was stereo and 1 was mc. stupid? waste of effort? these come to mind when I see a casd selling for $60.00! new!! Possibly it's me and everyone else is right.

I'll probably get all except the Night At The Opera disc seeing as to how I have 2 different versions of it already.
and both in surround.
Like the T-Rex EW... I have the DVD-A, The SACD and the SHM-SACD with the latter being stereo only.
I only got it because I needed to use up my CDJapan points before they expired and couldn't think of anything else I wanted.

The other Queen albums I do want just for the sake of HiRes recordings even though they are stereo only.

-B

Yes, love those CD Japan points when buying the Japanese SACD releases! :)

Looking forward to the Ebay Shocker post chronicalling Elliot Schiener's user boxers. :)

Actually there was quite a market at one time for the boxer shorts that were given away to campaign workers as part of US Senator Barbara Boxer's re-election campaign.
I'm guessing that she's better known to the general public than Elliot Scheiner!

Has anyone bought the Queens? 24/96 sourced stuff. I bought News Of The World and like it, but not so sure I should get any of the others.

HMV Japan has a deal going on until the 9th. Trying to come up with an order of over 10000 yen to get the deal. So far I've decided on the Planets which is released this month, and Brothers In Arms which is released next month (delayed) so that's not even 9000 yen after removing the tax.

Well, I've ordered Queen Jazz from the current HMV offer. X15 points with no minimum purchase.
Who - Live At Leeds coming out 4/25 for 6,000 yen. 2 SHM SACD. What's the playing time on this?
Also Tommy on a single disk, Queen The Miracle/Innuendo/Made In Heaven

I just got "Day At The Races".
I have Queen, Queen II and Sheer Heart Attack.
They sound rather nice.
I didn't bother with ANATO as I have the DVD-A in surround, but may get it later for the set.
I'm probably gonna get News & Jazz but after Jazz is where I gave up on them.

===== Information =====
The release date is posponed to 04/25/2012.
We'll ship the item as soon as it comes out.

[Catalogue Number]UIGY9521
[Artist]
[Title]Brothers In Arms

This is going to hold up my order for the two new Black Sabbath titles... hope they don't cancel the Dire Straits release.

I guess I'm the only SHM-SACD person left on this forum. Someone on SH says the new Black Sabbath lacks bass, so I cancelled my order which was being held back due to Brothers In Arms. No bass, no sale. That's my policy.

Back