HiRez Poll Wilson, Steven - GRACE FOR DROWNING [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Steven Wilson - GRACE FOR DROWNING

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
and the Miss Information award goes to... ^_^

Thanks, RT.. I'll avoid possible humiliation knowing that bit ! :upthumb

Baggy not real sure about this one. I mean, maybe for some other, lesser artist this would be a 10er.
I do like the classical guitar moments on this album a lot. I also love some of the more melodic moments.
I'm not super-in-love with some of the more aimless parts. Looking back from 4 1/2, Hand and Raven I just can't give this a 10.
But it is hella strong in most ways. Mix. Sonics. Content is superbly done. I just feel like some of it isn't "for me." Like the early Crimson it so strongly honors.
I'm in the 8 or 9 region on this. I appreciate the bonus content. Hmmm...
I just don't see myself returning to this as much as any of his other solo efforts or most of PT, not to mention Storm Corrosion, etc.

Baggy not real sure about this one. I mean, maybe for some other, lesser artist this would be a 10er.
I do like the classical guitar moments on this album a lot. I also love some of the more melodic moments.
I'm not super-in-love with some of the more aimless parts. Looking back from 4 1/2, Hand and Raven I just can't give this a 10.
But it is hella strong in most ways. Mix. Sonics. Content is superbly done. I just feel like some of it isn't "for me." Like the early Crimson it so strongly honors.
I just don't see myself returning to this as much as any of his other solo efforts or most of PT, not to mention Storm Corrosion, etc.
When I saw SW last year in Edmonton he played Index. And I also recall a comment from the man himself in the QQ Ask Steven Wilson thread that Index was one of his favorites of all the songs he has written (or words to that effect). Just some trivia to ponder, or not.:)

When I saw SW last year in Edmonton he played Index. And I also recall a comment from the man himself in the QQ Ask Steven Wilson thread that Index was one of his favorites of all the songs he has written (or words to that effect). Just some trivia to ponder, or not.:)

Index was never a favorite of mine from the actual Grace album, but I saw him in concert about three years ago, and HOLY SHIT DOES IT EVER ROCK LIVE!!! Such a cool song in the live setting with a ton of energy. Definitely one of the highlights from the concert.

And similar to how Halo from Deadwing was for me, also. Never a favorite on the album, but it just translated so well live, and it was a major standout both times I saw PT in concert.

I'm curious Baggy, do you have the Get All You Deserve live release? Highly recommended if you don't. It does a really good job of capturing the much more energetic versions I experienced when I saw him live. It's an excellent release.

Although, there's no Raven material on it...

The original performances of Index in 2011-2012 were great. However the re-imagined arrangement of Index I saw 4 times in the last 16 months is nothing short of jaw-dropping. Takes it to a whole other level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious Baggy, do you have the Get All You Deserve live release? Highly recommended if you don't. It does a really good job of capturing the much more energetic versions I experienced when I saw him live. It's an excellent release.

Yessiry! It might be my favorite concert disc! We need a new SW live disc! :51banana:

The original performances of Index in 2011-2012 were great. However the re-imagined arrangement of Index I saw 4 times in the last 16 months is nothing short of jaw-dropping. Takes it to a whole other level.

Damn, I'm jealous, I wanna hear it! I think I read somewhere he was working on a new live blu-ray release, so hopefully this new Index rendition makes the cut.

Yessiry! It might be my favorite concert disc! We need a new SW live disc! :51banana:

Definitely! I don't recall where I read about it (maybe it was on QQ somewhere), but like I said before, I'm fairly certain I read that one was in the works. I tried a quick search, but Google's not helping me out much right now (who knows, maybe I'm making it up...)

My theory is that SW realized after RAH last fall that he really needed footage complete with Ninet and that was why this last US tour leg in some of the very same venues as last year before heading to South America. We shall see.

Luminol is on Get All You Deserve (y)

You've got a point there.. I probably should've given a 9, instead of 10. It is the album of his I visit the less, due to its "weight". But damn I like it when I'm in this specific "mood". :banana:

It is the album of his I visit the less, due to its "weight". But damn I like it when I'm in this specific "mood". :banana:

I agree. In my opinion its his best, but I have to be able to give it my full attention when I put it on, as its dark and difficult. Definite 10 from me though. I like dark and difficult!

I've been listening to it quite a lot the last two months more so than the past three years.

I gave it a 7. Mostly because the navigation on the Blu-ray disc could have been done a bit easier, but I think this was Kscope's first Blu so that can be forgiven. I like the album a lot too, and there are some of his best songs on this. But I think it could have been better served as something more concise and compact.

Back