Julieta Venegas -Limón y Sal DD 5.1 (2006)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I know a lot of you are not aware of this disc since it's from a Mexican artist (well she won a "Latin "Grammy for this I think...hmm , if it's in Latin , it should be "Grammium"),
AND,
sung in Spanish.
It was quite a pleasant surprise for me when I found out they had released a 5.1 (albeit in crappy DD) version of this...

Don't know if any of you active members have this and what your opinion is-speak out if you have this and have listened to it(this last part is very important).

I like her music very much and here she expands from her previous effort, "Sí" in which she adds some electronic (beats/synth) to her pop style.

Her voice is an acquired taste since she hits the notes however she chooses (flat or sharp), which I think she does in purpose ...(edit; she does this mostly on "Sí", not on this disc)

This mix is NOT very aggressive but it uses the rears quite a bit.
I'd say it's your typical "extended stereo" mix.

There is one song in which my RR channel distorts, and I still don't know if it's because of the mix or my system..weird...

I'd give it a 9 for the music and a ...5 for the mix...

Matter of fact I'm gonna spin it again now, haven't heard it in quite a while... see ya later!

----------------+++++++-----------------
EDIT AFTER LISTENING TO IT AGAIN

Funny how we remember things.
First, the mix is much more active in the rears than what I remember it being, guitars, keys, vocals(ddl vox too), and even
THE SNARE on my favorite song "La última vez";
a revision on my mix rating, I say a solid 8,
which makes it a pity that it is "Dullby", cause a DTS 96/24 would've been great!!!!

THis disc is highly recommendable to anyone who likes melodic pop , in spite of being in Spanish, very enjoyable melodies and arrangements, very much like (but to me, better than) k.d. lang's "incincible summer".
It is a very "sunny" record.
And maybe you can still find it-my copy was made in Argentina, of all places (I don't believe I have any other Argentinian LP/CD/DVD in my collection).
Cheers!

Giving this a second spin now....

You can still pick this up easily (and cheap) if this is your "cup of tea" or should I say "Shot of Tequila"!!!! :eek:

The mix is very good - and SQ is very good considering its Dullby Dirgital.

¡Salud!

Back