Goldfrapp-Wonderful Electric: Live in London -Is it a 5.1 mix?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kap'n,

I've got this set. It lists it as "5.1 and pcm stereo" (except the documentaries, pcm stereo only). Funny though, I got it before I had a 5.1 setup so I've never heard the 5.1 mix, but it was really good even in stereo.

Thx for the reminder - now that I've got the box off the shelf I'll have to spin the 5.1 mix first chance I get.

Thank you very much, doppelbock!!!

Let me know if the 5.1 is as awesome as the "Supernature" DVD/SACD (one can only hope).. I saw them on this tour but I haven't picked this up yet!!!

Just playing it now. The 5.1 mix is not the most adventurous, but it's not just "ambience" in the rears either. Despite that, the set is really worth it if you like Goldfrapp at all, great show/tour and excellent sound even just on the pcm stereo track.

Yes, it is just DD unfortunately, especially because the sound capture is quite good - a hi-res could have been mind-blowing if done right. Still, the 2 channel pcm stereo track cranked up is great when you're in the mood for some uptempo electronica.

Back