The OFFICIAL "How many times have you purchased DSOTM" Thread/Poll

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select the formats that you have purchased DSOTM over the years

• Total voters
I've bought DSOTM twice over in my life. Once for myself with the Shine On box, and, in the past couple of years, from the penultimate batch of remasters for my mother-in-law. I've listened to the surround mixes, but never actually bought them.

I bought my first DSOTM back in December 1981. It was made in Sweden edition. Of course I do not have it now.
Now I have:
1. UK first press (solid blue triangle) LP,
2. Japanese Pro Use series LP,
3. UHQR by MFSL LP,
4. UK SQ LP,
5. German SQ (Quadrophonie) LP,
6. UK Quad 8 track,
7. US Quad 8 track,
8. UK CD,
9. SACD,
10. Immersion Box Set.

Greetings to all Quad and Pink Floyd fans!

Ok what the hell here we go:

LP:

UHQR
MFSL test pressing
MFSL
US pic disc
Why Pink Floyd 2011
30th annivesary
Japan pro use
US stereo
Japan non pro use
German white vinyl
EMI 100
UK First XI (pic disc)
NZ First XI (sq quad)
Italian pink floyd collection (wall cover box set)
97 vinyl collection 160gram
97 vinyl collection 180gram

Cassette:
MFSL first issue
MFSL second issue

Digital audio tape:
MFSL betamax video tape (PCM audio stored on video tape)

CD:

MFSL
US capitol
20th anniversary
Shine on box set
Japan first issue Black Triangle (non TO)
US harvest 1st issue
Disovery box set
Japan mini LP cover issue

SACD:

US issue

8 track:

US
Australia
UK

Us quad
UK quad

Misc:

Immersion Set

I probably missed a couple.

A_L

Only 3:

NZ Harvest Vinyl
2003 Remaster 30th Anniversary 180 Gram Vinyl
2003 SACD
Just had a look at my NZ Vinyl of DSOTM and it's got an etching saying "SQ QUAD" :yikes - maybe I need to get a SQ decoder :banana:

Many of you know about this, but for those who may not: a 2ch CD, Goldtop by Snowy White. Includes a PF ratity, the complete Pigs on the Wing, plus Drop in From the Top, a Rick Wright track: http://www.tower.com/goldtop-difinitive-collection-snowy-white-cd/wapi/110753137

The complete Pigs on the Wing on the Goldtop cd is remastered. Snowy has added reverb and boosted the solo compared to the original version on the 8 track tape release. Still worth the price of the CD for the one track though :)

A_L

or obtained them from questionable methods!
Not exactly sure what you mean here, but of course I have found DTS conversions of the Q8 and the great DVD-A with the Alan Parson mix. I also have heard a DTS(96/24) conversion from the Immersion BD.
I didn't vote for them though in this "purchase" poll.

I'm in the UK, so here goes.
LP week of release 1973
LP again 1974
LP again 1976
MFSL LP 1979
CD 1989
20th anniversary CD 1993
SACD 2003
Immersion box 2011

Then there are the various free downloaded quad conversions to DTS DVD-A, five/six maybe without checking.

Aust SQ on pink vinyl, Dutch white vinyl, US picture disc, UK Harvest picture disc in the big box the first 14 albums, or was it 13 albums?

Regular US Lp, regular UK Lp (from the First XI boxset), MFSL Lp, Quad Lp, CD, SACD.

Now, Sgt. Pepper's, around 20 from different countries.

I had a difficult time remembering how many times I "purchased" this as most of the time it was free to me. I have retrieved a few copies in my teens at a local book shop that was inundated with used copies. Found a MoFi LP once in a Goodwill, Had the stereo 8-track once or twice for free, Acquired a SQ quad UK pressing in 1991 when I worked at a used store in Toronto, it was returned for "sibilance" that I never heard, and the owner handed it to me. Actually paid for the SACD twice and never needed another copy. May have to spring for a better copy of the SQ LP though as this is the most worn LP in my collection(Sly's Greatest being number two).

I've just come across this Poll, I've bought it in 5 formats. 1st was on Cassette, then Stereo LP, then CD, remastered CD, then SACD, but I've bought the Immersion twice, with two Blu-Ray failures :cry:

1. US Capitol/Harvest stereo LP
2. UK Harvest SQ LP
3. US Picture disc
4. Dutch (I think) white vinyl stereo
5. Mobile Fidelity cassette
5. Japanese black label CD with pre-emphasis
6. US SACD
7. Immersion box

I'm probably forgetting something...

Some will find it hard to believe but I've actually only listened to the whole album for the first time in 2011. Let's say that I was hooked. I was also blessed that my first CD was a CP35 (TO) pressing. Since then, I've acquired:

CDs and Hi-Res only (no vinyl or tape)

1. CP35-3017 EMI Toshiba (Black Triangle) Matrix: CP35-3017 33B4 (upper half of inner ring) CDP 7 46001 2 (lower half of inner ring) non-TO pressing, made in Japan

2. CP35-3017 EMI Toshiba (Black Triangle) Matrix: CP35-3017 51A2 +++++ [CSR COMPACT DISC CSR COMPACT DISC CSR COMPACT DISC] non-TO pressing, made in Japan

3. CP35-3017 EMI Toshiba (Black Triangle) Matrix: CP35-3017 1A1 TO (upper half of inner ring) made in Japan

4. CDP 7 46001 2 Harvest (Blackface) Matrix: CP35-3017 12A1 (upper half of inner ring) CDP 7 46001 2 (lower half of inner ring) non-TO pressing, made in Japan for Europe

5. Shine On Box Set

6. 20th Anniversary Edition

7. 2003 SACD

8. Immersion Set

Here are a few:

Dark Side 3 CDs.jpg

Should you wish to consult the ultimate Pink Floyd website for release info, here it is:

Pink Floyd Archive

Back