Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cesar, tío enciende el climatizador!!!! (turn on the A/C!)

Hot was only an excuse to stay home, I rarely have the chance to be on my own with nothing to do apart from listening to some music!

By the way, I turned on the AC after having listened to A Passion Play. Now into Oldfield's Crises :)

tom petty...hypnotic eye

image.jpg

Yes, I'm letting mine "age" too so the next time I take it out it'll be even better (if that's possible) :sun

hehe...it works! and no matter how hard i try...just can't help pushing the volume up...and up....and up some more! love these releases that have the ability to sound so good LOUD :banana:

i hope The Wall ends up this great...

David Sanborn "timeagain". I recently got this one after avoiding it for fear of cheese. My fears were unfounded, it is a nice disc.

Larks' tongues in Aspic (Bluray). My last listen before my wife gets back home today. God, this is a glorious record and an extraordinary mix.
Snood, get ready for this one!

Gadd Gang.......terrific horns right up yer wazoo.
Social Network - Trent Reznor Atticus Ross - nobody does twitchy anxiety better

Better than Ezra - How does your garden grow. I listened to it once after I bought it and has been collecting dust in he shelves until today. On first listen I found it a bit too bright to my liking and did not enjoy the music, but today I'm enjoying a completely different experience...

George Harrison "Live in Japan"

Not much surround on this one at all, but fidelity is excellent.

I remember trying to find this disc right after George died, only turn to turn around and buy it again as part of the Dark Horse Years set.

Didn't play the surround mix on the SACD until about 6 years later when I finally got an SACD player, but I knew what to expect after watching the 5 "Live in Japan" videos also mixed in surround.

Shame that none of George's videos were mixed in surround. The "Lennon Legend" and "McCartney Years" DVDs are amazing examples of what surround could do for the Beatles solo catalogue.

George Harrison "Live in Japan"

Not much surround on this one at all, but fidelity is excellent.

I remember trying to find this disc right after George died, only turn to turn around and buy it again as part of the Dark Horse Years set.

Didn't play the surround mix on the SACD until about 6 years later when I finally got an SACD player, but I knew what to expect after watching the 5 "Live in Japan" videos also mixed in surround.

Shame that none of George's videos were mixed in surround. The "Lennon Legend" and "McCartney Years" DVDs are amazing examples of what surround could do for the Beatles solo catalogue.

I've looked at buying this hi rez title several times but there are SO many bad reviews about the overall sound quality and especially about George's vocals that I just stop considering it...can you be more specific about the sound quality...thanks:eek:

I've looked at buying this hi rez title several times but there are SO many bad reviews about the overall sound quality and especially about George's vocals that I just stop considering it...can you be more specific about the sound quality...thanks:eek:

Most of the bad reviews on here anyway stem from the lack of an immersive surround experience, but this title sounds just as good if not better than the original CD release. Buy it for the material, not for the surround mix.
As a matter of fact, it would probably be just as good to listen to the stereo mix in high res on the stereo SACD layer rather than listen to the surround.

I will try and post a picture of what I'm listening to now

You will have to guess. My 55" TV is not on :) I also have a 110" drop down projection screen above the aircon.

Note the two Thai 'room treatments' - my wife's idea

HT1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back