Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anathema - Weather Systems - FLAC 5.1 -> Blu-ray - LPCM 5.1 (y)(y)
RPWL - World Through My Eyes - SACD
FZ - QuAUDIOPHILIAc - DVD-A
Storm Corrosion - Blu-Ray - LPCM 5.1
SEAL (1st) - DVD-A

Waiting for the Sun - Doors DVD-A I am the Lizard King...
Chicago II SQ
Chicago Transit Authority SQ
Chicago V SQ
Machine Head - Deep Purple UK SQ
Deep End - Spyro Gyra SACD 5.1
Sermon on Exposition Blvd. - Rickie Lee Jones SACD 5.1
Snooky Pryor QS
Fort Yawuh - Keith Jarrett QS
Different Drummer - Buddy Rich Japan CD-4
Raunch n Roll - Black Oak Arkansas CD-4
Rose Garden - Lynn Anderson SQ
Mahler 1: Tilson-Thomas/SF
Bach Organ Faves Vol 5 - Ol' Ernest Power Biggs SQ

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun - I AM THE LIZARD KING!!!!
The Band - Music From Big Pink
Bryan Ferry - Boys and Girls

Celtic Harp - Chieftains Dolby Surround CD
Blood, Sweat & Tears Q8
Doors DVD-A
Red Piano - Elton John Blu-Ray
Last Waltz - Band, et al Blu-Ray

It's a shame that Red Piano looks so bad.. I had such high hopes for it after the Elton 60 blu ray, which looks (and sounds) so amazing. It's funny that the clips on the Red Piano extras are far superior PQ than the main concert. Lord knows what happened there!?!?

Ah well, at least it happened at all..! No EJ blu rays since.. :(

Tchaikovsky 5 - Estenbach/Philadelphia SACD 5.1
Supreme Jazz - Harry James SACD 5.1 fake suround from 1940's masters

I wonder how Supreme Jazz got their hands on so many of those artists? (only then to bizarrely fake surround them!)
Were they licensed or had all of the recordings gone into the public domain by then?

I believe that Brubeck and Rollins are the only SJ artists still alive. The deceased are much easier to get your hands on. Likely, most are in the PD. The deceased are much less likely to sue for copyright infringement. Elvis being the lone exception. He was seen exiting his solicitor's office prior to leaving the building.

The video quality was superb on Red Piano when we saw it live at Caesar's Palace in Vegas.

BTW; nice avatar update. You may want to update your handle to Regblue, or, at least Fred Strikes Back.

I wonder how Supreme Jazz got their hands on so many of those artists? (only then to bizarrely fake surround them!)
Were they licensed or had all of the recordings gone into the public domain by then?

Santana- Lotus DTS CD conversion from SQ encoded CD....

EDIT:
I'm feeling daring today:
Led Zeppelin-HTWWW DVD-A...see if I can make it to the end without any interruptions....(another edit-was listening to this and I was going "something ain't right here"...and I found out that it's 48/24, NOT 96...oh , well, fair enough)
EDIT AGAIN;
WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Made it all the way through HTWWW!!!!!!! GREAT STUFF....

More:
Depeche Mode- Music for the Masses DTS 96/24 (even though I have the SACD....buzzzz)

Last edited:
I believe that Brubeck and Rollins are the only SJ artists still alive. The deceased are much easier to get your hands on. Likely, most are in the PD. The deceased are much less likely to sue for copyright infringement. Elvis being the lone exception. He was seen exiting his solicitor's office prior to leaving the building.

The video quality was superb on Red Piano when we saw it live at Caesar's Palace in Vegas.

BTW; nice avatar update. You may want to update your handle to Regblue, or, at least Fred Strikes Back.

hahaha!! Elvis lives! and sues for copyright infringement! Love it!!

I wonder what on earth happened with that Red Piano bluray!? It's nowhere near as lovely looking as the Elton 60, which has that almost 3D-pop to it that the very best HD video has.

haha!! regblue's got a ring to it!
but don't shoot me i'm only the DVDA player!

Santana- Lotus DTS CD conversion from SQ encoded CD....

EDIT:
I'm feeling daring today:
Led Zeppelin-HTWWW DVD-A...see if I can make it to the end without any interruptions....(another edit-was listening to this and I was going "something ain't right here"...and I found out that it's 48/24, NOT 96...oh , well, fair enough)
EDIT AGAIN;
WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Made it all the way through HTWWW!!!!!!! GREAT STUFF....

More:
Depeche Mode- Music for the Masses DTS 96/24 (even though I have the SACD....buzzzz)

best of British getting all the way through that Zeppelin epic, Kap'n..!! I've never managed it!

meantime, i'm relaxing with a long drink and Jamie Cullums' Twentysomething (SACD)..

ah.. jazz-lite.. nice!

the 5.1's not half bad either! not played this in ages.. I should stick it on more often!

The Thrills - So Much for the City - DVD-A
The Tiptons - Surrounded By Horns - SACD
Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow - SACD
Alice Cooper - 5 Cent Geriatrics - CD-4 -> DTS CD
King Crimson - Clueless & Slightly Slack - DVD-A
Anathema - Weather Systems - FLAC 5.1 -> Blu-ray
Gentle Giant - Free Hand - DVD DTS

Tomita "Snowflakes are dancing" DVD-A from Q4..my favorite Tomita!

EDIT: (more stuff!) :)

Tomita: "Firebird" DVD-A from Q4

Julieta Venegas "Limón y sal" Dullbee 5.1 (sic)DVD-V.....better than nothing...sweet and melodic stuff...some moody stuff too, but mostly "sunny" music....love her!

Last edited:
Tomita "Snowflakes are dancing" DVD-A from Q4..my favorite Tomita!

EDIT: (more stuff!) :)

Tomita: "Firebird" DVD-A from Q4

Julieta Venegas "Limón y sal" Dullbee 5.1 (sic)DVD-V.....better than nothing...sweet and melodic stuff...some moody stuff too, but mostly "sunny" music....love her!

Coming 20th of June in Japan:

TOMITA
Clair de Lune- Ultimate Edition (SACD Hybrid) (Snowflakes are Dancing) SACD Hybrid: 2ch CD/2ch SACD/4.0ch SACD Surround + CD Extra

Already pre-ordered a cody from Far Side Music in the UK.

Markus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back