Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roger Waters - The Wall live in Berlin (1990) DTS 5.1 from the Special Edition DVD-V.

I saw The Wall concert here last year. Nice to see rumours of a blu-ray release pending (HD from the recent tours).

Anyway, the 1990 Audio quality is very good with some quite discrete activity at times. Video quality is not so good. It's a 16:9 blow-up from original 4:3 video. Recommended concert with guest including: Van Morrison, Cindy Lauper, Bryan Adams, Joni Mitchell, The Scorpions, Paul Carrick, The Band and Thomas Dolby!

350,000 attended the sell-out concert, interesting reading here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall_–_Live_in_Berlin

Clapton- Back home

I really like the music , maybe it's the mood I'm in right now and the gray/rainy day
AND
it's SUCH a pity it's only DD, you can tell especially with delicate sounds..heavy metal wouldn't suffer that much from DD, but it's a crime that this great disc was released on DULLBEE

..digging the 3 picks, too bad I don't use those kind, I like the triangular ones -not the ones with sharp corners-and Gibson stopped making them years ago...nice to see he uses heavy gauge...

Clapton DIGS picks. Note: there is no R in that word. Here's a few of the dozens of EC picks:
161.jpg
Eric+Clapton+-+From+The+Cradle+Guitar+Pick+-+GUITAR+PICK-311897.jpg
Eric+Clapton+-+E.C.+In+Korea+'97+-+GUITAR+PICK-311883.jpg
Eric+Clapton+-+This+Is+My+F***Ing+Pick+-+GUITAR+PICK-311913.jpg

Clapton- Back home
..digging the 3 picks, too bad I don't use those kind, I like the triangular ones -not the ones with sharp corners-and Gibson stopped making them years ago...nice to see he uses heavy gauge...

Larks' Tongues in Aspic: Mom's giving the baby a bath so I can listen to that "weird" King Crimson stuff. Funny, the kid doesn't seem to mind it.

Finally for the first time:

image.jpg

I will vote not today, but from first listen I find it better than CTTE.
I expected a better result, because also the stereo versions of TYA always sounded better to me than CTTE although I prefer the songs from CTTE.

I'm very happy :)

Clapton- Back home
I really like the music , maybe it's the mood I'm in right now and the gray/rainy day
AND
it's SUCH a pity it's only DD, you can tell especially with delicate sounds..heavy metal wouldn't suffer that much from DD, but it's a crime that this great disc was released on DULLBEE

Hey Kap, mine copy (dualdisc with the picks) is DVD-A with 48/24 MLP - I wonder why yours should be DD only? :confused:

Good Charlotte; Chronicles of life and death DD(Dualdisc). GREAT 5.1 mixes, OK music. Perry good drumming and great mixing of the drums, far better than what you hear on the likes of AC/DC albums(the most boring drumming ever). I recommend checking this out.

David Bowie Space Oddity stereo 8-track cart, Bradford quad deck, into Sansui 6001, in surround synth mode, 4 speakers

Technics 3-ways with 15" woofers on front
Marantz 2-ways with 8" woofers on rear switched to "high" response on back

all tone controls centered on "0", loudness "off", tape 1 input, volume only on "2"

freaking awesome !!

the bass response is less in surround, but the detail is stunning. great soundstage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back