Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't. This is the only surround or advanced res Gershwin I own. I have several CD's and 2ch LP's of Gershwin. I'm most partial to the 2 LP Gershwin Album by Ormandy/Philadelphia. Great performances and fidelity.

aabb800a.JPGTangerine Dream, I did a tests run on the Pioneer quads. It sounded very good with the test speakers, I will change them tonite when I get home. I also have the Synergy clear album.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Leon Russell - Leon Russell
Discipline - King Crimson

View attachment 5009Tangerine Dream, I did a tests run on the Pioneer quads. It sounded very good with the test speakers, I will change them tonite when I get home. I also have the Synergy clear album.

SWEET looking gear!
Which Synergy??? ERFRO??? I guess that Mr. Fast hasn't been able to release it in DVD-V(or A) like he told me ...hope he gets to do it, it would be AWESOME!!!! (It's just that I have "Cords" in clear vinyl too!!!)

Is there a pressing of Leon Russell in surround? I have a DVD-A, but like the equally awesome Texas Cannonball/Freddy King, it's 2ch. You did motivate me to play Leon again. Saw him at BB King's in Manhattan. During his set, some asshole sat down next to him at the piano bench. Leon looked at him like, are you nuts? He was ushered out.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Leon Russell - Leon Russell
Discipline - King Crimson

Borboletta - Santana SQ
Yellow Fever - Hot Tuna CD-4
Muscle of Love - Alice Cooper CD-4
Chapter 2 - Gato Barbieri QS hey!
Tears of Joy - Don Ellis SQ
Become You - Indigo Girls SACD 5.1
And Then There Were Three - Genesis SACD 5.1
Stravinsky: Firebird - Tomita Dolby Surround CD
Chicago VI SQ
Brain Salad Surgery - ELP DVD-A
Copland: Billy the Goat Q8
Backhand - Keith Jarrett QS

Is there a pressing of Leon Russell in surround? I have a DVD-A, but like the equally awesome Texas Cannonball/Freddy King, it's 2ch. You did motivate me to play Leon again. Saw him at BB King's in Manhattan. During his set, some asshole sat down next to him at the piano bench. Leon looked at him like, are you nuts? He was ushered out.

Linda, you are correct. I'd forgotten that. I was listening in my car and I guess the Logic 7 did a great job converting it to surround. It sounded great.

Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller DVD-V DD 30th Anniversary
Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller DTS CD
Cantamos - Poco SQ
Live at the East - Pharoah Sanders QS
Best - Ramsey Lewis Q8
Free & Easy - Helen Reddy Q8
Stills DTS CD
Magic City - Sun Ra QS
Little Criminals - Some Short Person DVD-A
Gorilla -JT CD-4
From Might Oaks - Ray Thomas QS
Blue Jays - Hayward & Lodge Q8
Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Genesis SACD 5.1
Barbra Joan Streisand SQ

Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller DVD-V DD 30th Anniversary
Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller DTS CD

So what one do you prefer? I Haven't heard the DTS CD, the Dullby DVD isn't bad though..

I'm listening to "Any Colour You Like" :eek::

Black - Paranoid
Purple - Machine Head
Crimson - Lizard
Pink - Dark Side Of The Moon

I also bought the Q8 of Fly.. the first week it was out. Tore off the cellophane and popped it into the Pioneer QP-444 in my Buick. Although I've owned the Mofi LP and Mercury German CD, the Q8 is what I've heard most often. The DTS CD would be the second most. It is the Q8 mix. The Dolby D 30th is the best. More open, wider dynamic range, and some things I've not heard before. It's not perfect. Visit the thread for the 30th.

So what one do you prefer? I Haven't heard the DTS CD, the Dullby DVD isn't bad though..

The Compackt Guide to the "Wilsonifickation" of the Crim - An Observation by the Lizard King:

21st Century Schizoid Man
Cat Food
Groon
Happy Family
Prelude: Song of the Gulls
Islands
Fracture
Fallen Angel (Trio Mix)
Starless
Indiscipline
Discipline

Sonny & Brownie - Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee QS Gold CD You bring out the boogie in me.
Mirror Image - Blood, Sweat & Tears SQ See yourself at 65...
Chapter One - Gato Barbieri QS
Treasure Island - Keith Jarrett QS
In a Silent Way - Miles SACD 5.1
Fosxtrot - Genesis SACD 5.1
Wurst of Jefferson Airplane Q8
On Air - Alan Parsons DTS-CD
Hold on to Me - Bonnie Koloc QS
Best of Tommy James Q8
JVC/WEA CD-4 Demo disc
JVC CD-4 Alignment disc Farther out than Sun Ra or An Evening with Wild Man Fischer

I Think We're ALL Bozos on this QQ Forum - Firesign Theater SQ My Mom was a Bozoette.
Santana SQ
Poems, Prayers & Promises - John Denver Q8
#1' s - Elvis DVD-A
Best of Guess Who Q8
Road Food - Guess Who CD-4
Mahler 3 - San Francisco/Tilson Thomas SACD 5.1
Catch Bull at Four - Cat Stevens Q8
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell DVD-A
The Wonderful World of SQ Quadraphonic CD-4 (kidding)
Beethoven's Greatest Hits Q8
From the Front Row Live - Kingfish DVD-A

Last edited:
Supper Session - Bloomfield/Kuperschmidt/Stills/Hoh/Goldstein (Brooks)/Goldberg/(uncredited horns) SQ
Rockin' - Guess Who Q8
Greatest Hits - Wes Montgomery Q8
Death & the Flower - Keith Jarrett QS
You're the One - Paul Simon DVD-A
Not Fragile - BTO DTS CD
Best of Junior Wells Dolby Surround CD
Greatest Hits - Gloria Estefan SACD 5.1
Last Concert - Modern Jazz Quartet CD-4

Supper Session Linda? That's prolly how they got older (well, not Mike Bloomfield - RIP) and fatter huh?

:D

Anyway, listening to Hues Corporation - Rockin' Soul (CD-4). Say what you will about disco but I have been in bars several times where "Rock the Boat" comes on the sound system and people start moving to that song involuntarily.

Doug

Supper Session Linda? That's prolly how they got older (well, not Mike Bloomfield - RIP) and fatter huh?

:D

Anyway, listening to Hues Corporation - Rockin' Soul (CD-4). Say what you will about disco but I have been in bars several times where "Rock the Boat" comes on the sound system and people start moving to that song involuntarily.

Doug

so ...have there been "Quad" discos, where the music played is in Surround???

Cause somehow my butt always gets moving when Goldfrapp's "Supernature" starts pounding out of them woofers and tweeters...
(although I'm the kind of dancer that follows "Hitch"'s advice (Will Smith flick) of ..."you only do this...this is your house..."(steady cool swaying..left...right..always groovin')

Yeah, set up a quad dance floor party...cool!

Thanks for the idea!

so ...have there been "Quad" discos, where the music played is in Surround???

Cause somehow my butt always gets moving when Goldfrapp's "Supernature" starts pounding out of them woofers and tweeters...
(although I'm the kind of dancer that follows "Hitch"'s advice (Will Smith flick) of ..."you only do this...this is your house..."(steady cool swaying..left...right..always groovin')

Yeah, set up a quad dance floor party...cool!

Thanks for the idea!

Maybe we should have a Surround dance tracks thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back