Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleetwood Mac - Future Games, Bare Trees & Mystery To Me, towards some reviews in Upmix Attic in tribute to loss of Bob Welch later today.

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing, I can't seem to listen to anything else. I make a different selection, and no matter what I choose, within a song or two, I've changed it back over to Deadwing. Every track is my new favorite. And just as I think one of the tracks may not be 'all that', I find myself drawn to it within the next listening or two. I originally liked the CD version for "Arriving...", but really started enjoying the entire work when I could not get enough of the well-mixed 5.1. Simply delicious.

Deadwing is a terrific DVD-A surround album to be stuck on!

I'm cuing up Storm Corrosion shortly, long overdue in surround version here.

Ahh.. I can see I'm going to have to finally get those PT DVDAs, etc.. I'm rather enjoying the Steven Wilson GfD and Storm Corrosion blu rays, so it's about time really! just hope I've not left it too late and they're a million quid apiece now..!?

A million...if you have a coupon. :yikes (Your ears will thank you!)

Without exaggeration, I've not been this addicted to an album since Pink Floyd's The Wall. I'd even put Wilson in the class of Waters and Gilmore.

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing, I can't seem to listen to anything else. I make a different selection, and no matter what I choose, within a song or two, I've changed it back over to Deadwing. Every track is my new favorite. And just as I think one of the tracks may not be 'all that', I find myself drawn to it within the next listening or two. I originally liked the CD version for "Arriving...", but really started enjoying the entire work when I could not get enough of the well-mixed 5.1. Simply delicious.

Deadwing is probably my most played surround album...

King Crimson-Live in Argentina Disc 1
Rush-Snakes and Arrows DVD-V
Goldfrapp-Supernature-SACD (yes, the sacd!!)

EDIT:
Electric Light Orchestra-DTS 96/24 DVD-V

Edgar Winters' Jasmine Nightdreams DTS (again!)

I must have played it through 4 or 5 times now since I got it!
It's fantastic!
The mix is terrific and the music is just my cup of tea!

:phones

Talking Heads - Little Creatures - DVD-A
Storm Corrosion - Blu-Ray
COC - America's Volume Dealer - DVD-A
Yellow Submarine - Blu-Ray
Bob Dylan - Bringing It all back Home - SACD + Bryan Ferry Frantic - DVD-A - to compare Its All Over Now Baby Blue ....
Doobie Brothers - Taking It to the Streets - DTS CD Upmix
Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson - DTS CD
Moloko - Statues - SACD - Awesome.... I need to vote on this...

Donald Fagen-Kamakiriad MVI DTS 96/24
Genesis-S/T 1982 DTS 96/24

EDIT-more...
P!nk-I'm not dead DVD-V Dullbee

even more...
Duran Duran- Astronaut SACD (even though I have the Dullbee DVD-V, I prefer the SACD over that!)

Last edited:
Venus & Mars DTS CD.

For the first time in all these years I decided to re-program it to playback in the correct track order as on the stereo LP..

1. "Venus and Mars"
2. "Rock Show"
3. "Love in Song"
4. "You Gave Me the Answer"
5. "Magneto and Titanium Man"
6. "Letting Go"
7. "Venus and Mars (Reprise)"
8. "Spirits of Ancient Egypt"
9. "Medicine Jar"
10. "Call Me Back Again"
11. "Listen to What the Man Said"
12. "Treat Her Gently/Lonely Old People"
13. "Crossroads Theme"

Ahh... Nice!
I don't know what took me so long!?
:smokin

Ok, I'm giving Goldfrapps' "Supernature" SACD another chance..

We shall see if the last 5 years+ have been kinder to this than my initial impressions ;)

Isn't "side 2" the label side? lol!! :ugham:

"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

haha! On the CD it is, yes! I meant of the original vinyl. It's one of those albums that improves considerably as it plays out.

Unlike a fair few 70's albums where the best stuff was on the first side or few tracks and the rest a bit.. "meh".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back