Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
German, Herbsman ibérico Vivir en Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid. :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin . :smokin
2080_12464_2.jpg

and some herbal refreshment??
:smokin

Peter Tosh - Legalize it (Sacd)...sunny weather with sweet Reggae :sun

and some herbal refreshment??
:smokin

"soy mecanico...en el jardin botanico"- Radio Futura
(great spanish rock group from the 80's-90's ...even the great Ollie Halsall-Patto, Kevin Ayers, John Clae...- played and produced some of their stuff...)

...you're right..I haven't been there or the Reina Sofía Museum in quite a few years....

Surprisingly, champions league football match: Barcelona vs Athetico de Madrid. It's being broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1, with audience on the rears. It's the first time I see a surround signal on a public TV channel in Spain!

Question for those in more civilised countries: are you familiar with any TV programmes being broadcast in surround?

Surprisingly, champions league football match: Barcelona vs Athetico de Madrid. It's being broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1, with audience on the rears. It's the first time I see a surround signal on a public TV channel in Spain!

Question for those in more civilised countries: are you familiar with any TV programmes being broadcast in surround?
There are many nowadays especially those in HD format.

César , chaval ...¿desde cuándo es Esapña una nación civilizada????
nunca lo fue y nunca lo será....

I've been listening to Djabe "Take On" on 5.1 DVD-Audio which was here when I got back. They're a Hungarian Jazz-Rock band with a Spyro Gyra/Weather Report kind of 'sound', which I like. Its very well recorded and has an immersive surround.
So thanks to grill for mentioning this band. I think I'll buy another album. :)

a rare bird...well, not really that rare..but it's probably tht 3rd time I spin this...
Joe Perry- Dual Disc
the DD is really evident here...artifacts, etc.

got a soft spot for Joe...he was the 2nd real concert I saw on his first lineup for the Joe Perry Project...Easter 1980...great show!

a rare bird...well, not really that rare..but it's probably tht 3rd time I spin this...
Joe Perry- Dual Disc
the DD is really evident here...artifacts, etc.

got a soft spot for Joe...he was the 2nd real concert I saw on his first lineup for the Joe Perry Project...Easter 1980...great show!

how's the surround mix, el kap?

how's the surround mix, el kap?

Not ES or SW fare , but not bad...some modest use of the rears, but what kills it is the DD "low quality" stream...

If you like Joe's stuff, you'll definitely like this one (it's not nearly as good as "Let the music do the talking"...I always said they were better on drugs...)

Roger Water - Ca Ira (SACD). Opera à la pink floyd, but a great record this is. And not having Roger singing is a plus as well (I'm joking)

Roger Water - Ca Ira (SACD). Opera à la pink floyd, but a great record this is. And not having Roger singing is a plus as well (I'm joking)

haha!! :D a fabulous disc! (or rather two of them!) I guess you and me are two of about a dozen people who bought it.. nobody ever mentions it! I agree, a great piece of work and the sound & mix do their job nicely too.

haha!! :D a fabulous disc! (or rather two of them!) I guess you and me are two of about a dozen people who bought it.. nobody ever mentions it! I agree, a great piece of work and the sound & mix do their job nicely too.

And the dozen buyers may well be in this forum! I was more surprised some days ago when somebody mentioned Zee, I was almost sure I was the only one in the world liking Identity.
By the way, reading the libretto I just realised the mix is by Simon Rhodes, I took for granted that it was by James Guthrie.

And the dozen buyers may well be in this forum! I was more surprised some days ago when somebody mentioned Zee, I was almost sure I was the only one in the world liking Identity.
By the way, reading the libretto I just realised the mix is by Simon Rhodes, I took for granted that it was by James Guthrie.

More than likely it's just QQ guys who bought it, yes!!

I never knew that about the mix! I just presumed it was Guthrie like everything else PF too! :eek: Thanks for the info! (y)

Zee "Identity" is a good album, my CD is an Australian import, and I must be one of those few who bought Ca Ira, never been an opera fan though, so its an "if in the mood for that sort of vocalisation" sort of album for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back