Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agents Of Fortune - Blue Öyster Cult (SACD).

Always had a soft spot for this one.. the surround mix is far from perfect but at least its discrete with isolated stuff in the rears and its a playful mix too with lots of silly (pointless?) speaker ping pong! Bah! It goes down well with a beer! :brew

La la la la laaa.. la la la la laaa..! :banana:

Agents Of Fortune - Blue Öyster Cult (SACD).

Always had a soft spot for this one.. the surround mix is far from perfect but at least its discrete with isolated stuff in the rears and its a playful mix too with lots of silly (pointless?) speaker ping pong! Bah! It goes down well with a beer! :brew

La la la la laaa.. la la la la laaa..! :banana:

I wanted an improved version of that disc so bad; I'm still jamming to ONE WAY OUT on the aforementioned Eat A Peach disc. This puppy really jams!

I wanted an improved version of that disc so bad; I'm still jamming to ONE WAY OUT on the aforementioned Eat A Peach disc. This puppy really jams!

Sometimes we just have to take what we can get.. it could and should've been better but I don't think it deserves its terrible reputation.. I've heard much worse in surround!

Well.. some of that stuff on Eat A Peach does go on for about 3 weeks so I guess you'll be a while :p

how about the unsubtle surround mix..? :p

Not a favorite mix, but content makes up for it. Some are a little put off because most songs are "center speaker" oriented. Right now Just The Way You Are is playing and it's beautiful, so clear. I'm just glad I got the multi channel version. As I've said several times; my priority is CLEAR and dynamic recordings, so the music can breathe and not be compressed. I'm not so fussy about the mixes. I know a lot of surround folks are and that's fine.

Not a favorite mix, but content makes up for it. Some are a little put off because most songs are "center speaker" oriented. Right now Just The Way You Are is playing and it's beautiful, so clear. I'm just glad I got the multi channel version. As I've said several times; my priority is CLEAR and dynamic recordings, so the music can breathe and not be compressed. I'm not so fussy about the mixes. I know a lot of surround folks are and that's fine.

I understand.. clear and dynamic, mixes less important :)

Donald Fagen Morph the :kitty:

BUT....getting tougher and tougher with every passing minute not to tear into the new Allman Bros set!!

ok....diggin in...starting off with disc #2.... 10 minutes in...and sound is OUTSTANDING! CLARITY is fanfriggintastic. already well well worth the price of admission...just stunning

:woopie :51banana: :woopie

Please check in again after the initial high has worn off :)...not sure if I want to pull the trigger on this one...Yikes, $86.00 on Amazon...Thanks

Please check in again after the initial high has worn off :)...not sure if I want to pull the trigger on this one...Yikes, $86.00 on Amazon...Thanks

i was lucky in ordering weeks ago from bullmoose...still not cheap..but the 20 minutes or so i listened to was VERY impressive. gonna listen to all of it tomorrow and will let you know more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back