Car surround?????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rck60s

Does anyone here have surround in the car? I have been looking for a head unit that will play DTS 5.1 but I cannot find any.......I know there must be some somewhere but I have done google searches and trolled the car audio places and cannot find any....I am interested in a DVD player that will play 5.1 DTS for the car...anyone?????

I have the Sony MEX-DV2200 installed in my '06 Avalon - its does SACD/DTS/Dolby Surround & DPLII - it plays both DTS DVD and DTS CD although DTS CD is a little buggy for some reason.

Thank you...did you have it installed? If so how hard was it and what are you using for a center speaker?

I did the install myself. Fortunately, my Avalon's stock set-up had 9 speakers including a center. I only had to add a rear shelf mounted subwoofer (infinite baffle) with a separate amp to drive. The MEX has a 4 channel buit in amp so if you need to drive a center and/or sub you will need separate amps for that. The install was somewhat complicated (at least for me) but doable along with a dose of patience and fortitude. A good place to start would be Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/carselector.aspx?lp=%2fApp%2fCar%2foutfitmycar%2fMyCar.aspx- their pricing may be higher but their customer service and tech support are very good. Also, depending on your vehicle you may need certain adapters/harnesses to accomodate the MEX. Good luck

So it will not play DTS on cd-R it has to be DVD-R

It will play DTS CD R - there is the occasional issue with DTS CD where it will skip a track but I have found that it not a consistent problem - it varies from disc to disc. It plays DTS DVD/DVD R & SACD without any issues.

It will play DTS CD R - there is the occasional issue with DTS CD where it will skip a track but I have found that it not a consistent problem - it varies from disc to disc. It plays DTS DVD/DVD R & SACD without any issues.

If you type MEX DV2200 in the advanced search box at the upper right hand corner of this page you will find many threads and comments that reference this model - along with both good and bad comments. I definitely recommend that you check it out. As for me, I am very happy with my system - it sounds great!

Last edited:
Thanks...I am trying to find somewhere that sells the clarion or alpine amplified center speaker...I have an Altima and it is double Din...The unit and the center speaker will fit perfectly

Thanks...I am trying to find somewhere that sells the clarion or alpine amplified center speaker...I have an Altima and it is double Din...The unit and the center speaker will fit perfectly

Just google it - I typed in clarion amplified center speaker and came up with many sources including Crutchfield

Back