HiRez Poll Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Thanks everyone - for all the help and advice. And leevitalone1 for solving the issue with his reference to the HDMI cable...
Brilliant!!
A very nice welcome to a newbie! And much appreciated, everyone...

That's why I love to visit. I get educated and get to offer my 2 cents. And I have learned quite a bit, and still look to absorb.
Your very welcome!

Has anyone had any luck backing up the Aqualung Blu-ray? Given how much these
types of media cost (and then years later, how hard and how much more expensive
they are to find again) I keep certain original discs in my media safe and use an
ISO as my main listening copy. I've tried a couple recent versions of DVDFab
but it can't seem to read the disc. Thanks!

Well I waited 2 years to get Aqualung just because the cheapest price was $125 on Amazon/Ebay when I would look. Finally found it at a pretty reasonable price on eBay. The Blu Ray and Quad versions are amazing! Give it a 10! Just made to play loud! Now that elusive Alicia Keys DVD-A is next...

Well I waited 2 years to get Aqualung just because the cheapest price was $125 on Amazon/Ebay when I would look. Finally found it at a pretty reasonable price on eBay. The Blu Ray and Quad versions are amazing! Give it a 10! Just made to play loud! Now that elusive Alicia Keys DVD-A is next...

did you get the bd single or the whole set? been hunting a bd single long ass time.

John I have to agree Aqualung BluRay is a masterpiece ! both in sound quality and mix ! when the bass kicks in during the chorus of Cross Eyed Mary ...... Look Out !

i always felt that Hymn 43 had a different sound to it compared to the rest of the album, more of a "wall of sound" mix ! right from the original mix

i always felt that Hymn 43 had a different sound to it compared to the rest of the album, more of a "wall of sound" mix ! right from the original mix

Yes, and Steven Wilson very successfully maintained that effect on his 5.1 mix. But I am very happy that he added the punch to Cross Eyed Mary. It's spectacular!

I`ve had this set since release 115.00 now150.00. Having a large DVD -A collection I bought this just to get that disc 5.1 mix. Don`t need the cd`s or vinyl or booklet. I was presently surprised to see the original quad mix. And after a listen it was my favorite due to the different sounds/separations. The BR disc same thing, I had a quad 8 in my car early 70`s had no exposure since then, but low and behold a BR disc with a original quad mix now we are talking. Yeah

Listening to the Quad Mix for a change....

It's great to have a (quite) different version compared to the modern Steven Wilson mix...

I must say I'm liking it more than I originally remembered....

Great to have every possible mix you'd want all on the one disc.

A. Keys is a great one. Her vocals sound exceptional IMO.

i never knew just how MUCH i loved this album until hearing it in surround...i can't get enough! stunning :worthy

A couple weeks ago I was demonstrating the clarity and superiority of the Steven Wilson 5.1 mix of Aqualung to a friend, when to my chagrin "Cross -Eyed Mary" wouldn't play. After about 8 seconds it dropped out, picking up about 45 seconds into the song, completely diminishing the impact of the song. The anomaly was in the 5.1 PCM, DTS-HD MA, and newly mixed Stereo tracks, but not in the original stereo or quad tracks. After days of trying to get it to play, and scouring through numerous threads here about disc related problems. I stumbled on a suggestion (I can't recall who posted it, but thank you!(y)) to disable the BD Live feature in the set-up menu. After trying that, lo and behold the disc played flawlessly........unbelievable that something that simple could be harshing my mellow. :mad:@::confused::yikes

Back