HiRez Poll Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Do you have both?

I agree about the bluray, I have it and it does have those 3 audio glitches in it and the mastering by Mew did make it more bright than I would like but being lossless and fact SW mixed it were the plus's.

Ideally the new dvd would have been lossless but unfortunately Ray Shulman does not do lossless dvd's.

I only have the bluray. I do have the SW stereo mix hires download without the mew mastering and it is an improvement over the hires bluray stereo mastered by mew. I don't have a problem with full bitrate dts on dvd or my pc, they can sound excellent on my system. I plan on picking up the dvd Aqualung but isn't on the top of my list. At least one person has noted that the mastering difference between the 5.1 and the 2.0 isn't as drastic as the improved 2.0 version. Looking for other opinions that has both. I will post back when I eventually get the dvd...

I like the unmastered stereo mix more than the mastered stereo mix, and I like the mastered 5.1 mix more than the unmastered 5.1 mix.

Russian bootlegger
It's got a "quard" mix, seems legit:

s-l500.jpg

Folks,

For those who, like me, never got around to this release, deepdiscount has a ridiculous sale on it -- ~$28 + $3.00 shipping -- that's for the Blu-ray, DVD, 2-CD, vinyl and hardback book version. No marbles, scarves or shot glasses, though this behemoth is thicker than a brick.

I picked it up even though I'm over-budget (thanks Acoustic Sounds sale and R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People -- literally, thanks!). While I'm ambivalent about this album, one I haven't heard in 20 years, I figure if I'm not into it I can find it a home without losing money in the end. Certainly those who are more enthusiastic should jump on it before they run out or the price jumps, so don't hold your locomotive breath.

Thanks go to this thread at SH.tv for the heads up.

Folks,

For those who, like me, never got around to this release, deepdiscount has a ridiculous sale on it -- ~$28 + $3.00 shipping -- that's for the Blu-ray, DVD, 2-CD, vinyl and hardback book version. No marbles, scarves or shot glasses, though this behemoth is thicker than a brick.

I picked it up even though I'm over-budget (thanks Acoustic Sounds sale and R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People -- literally, thanks!). While I'm ambivalent about this album, one I haven't heard in 20 years, I figure if I'm not into it I can find it a home without losing money in the end. Certainly those who are more enthusiastic should jump on it before they run out or the price jumps, so don't hold your locomotive breath.

Thanks go to this thread at SH.tv for the heads up.

I just ordered a back~up set [Aqualung]. For that ridiculous price why NOT? I think I originally paid about $60 used for it.

Let me say a few things regarding the so called "glitches" and even the mastering....65 people voted a 10 for this title(and I was one of them)..and in that group of 65 there are a lot of our most knowledgeable members....15 people voted a 9....and NOBODY was talking about glitches and mastering....but like most things... once something is mentioned...a lot of people focus on that one thing and only that one thing...I chose not to follow the herd and never second guessed my opinion of the title...the reason people voted 9's and 10's was that this title was such a dramatic improvement over previous versions it was amazing...

I came from a video background and I learned that once you see something on your television screen(an artifact or visual anomalies)you can't "un see it"...so I blocked out all the noise about this release...I did buy the DVD version too...and both have their advantages....neither is perfect but both are excellent....but when you are talking about getting the blu ray box set for $30...that is amazing..IMO...

Let me say a few things regarding the so called "glitches" and even the mastering....65 people voted a 10 for this title(and I was one of them)..and in that group of 65 there are a lot of our most knowledgeable members....15 people voted a 9....and NOBODY was talking about glitches and mastering....but like most things... once something is mentioned...a lot of people focus on that one thing and only that one thing...I chose not to follow the herd and never second guessed my opinion of the title...the reason people voted 9's and 10's was that this title was such a dramatic improvement over previous versions it was amazing...

I came from a video background and I learned that once you see something on your television screen(an artifact or visual anomalies)you can't "un see it"...so I blocked out all the noise about this release...I did buy the DVD version too...and both have their advantages....neither is perfect but both are excellent....but when you are talking about getting the blu ray box set for $30...that is amazing..IMO...

Very well said, Clint.

I've noticed no glitches and nothing negative with the audio on the blu-ray disc ....nor the dvd.

I find this is a very well authored disc/s , one of the best from the Shulman team. (y)

Thanks I ordered one too even though I have the DTS book edition.
While I was at it I added XTC Black Sea to it too. With free shipping comes to same total as import cds.
Alas I have to pay taxes at both sites....

I grabbed two box sets. I could if I wanted to sell off one of them piece by piece and make all my money back. But I think in a couple years time they will be worth more than we expect, might keep one sealed.

Great deal. I guess Warner decided they did not want to deal with this set and potential complaints, and dumped these cheaply at wholesale. I'd bet they do not contain corrected discs.

Back