HiRez Poll Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Jethro Tull - AQUALUNG

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
i always felt that Hymn 43 had a different sound to it compared to the rest of the album, more of a "wall of sound" mix ! right from the original mix

YES I was listening yesterday thinking this. Stand out like a sore thumb.

Aye you're right, I guess it was wishful reading :) I still don't really understand why there is no stand alone multichannel solution to this or any of the other JT releases :(

Classic album, great music start to finish. The mix is stellar, discrete, enveloping... The album has never sounded so good, and I've never enjoyed it so much! The fidelity is wonderful; I feel like I'm in the studio with the musicians. Only two marks against this release: the price and the glitch (during Cross-Eyed Mary). I won't factor the price into my vote, but the glitch is troublesome... It momentarily takes me out of the music every time. In the end, this release is still a 10 (but as with so many other defective surround releases, where's the quality control? Can someone listen to the darn things before they're mass produced?)

Classic album, great music start to finish. The mix is stellar, discrete, enveloping... The album has never sounded so good, and I've never enjoyed it so much! The fidelity is wonderful; I feel like I'm in the studio with the musicians. Only two marks against this release: the price and the glitch (during Cross-Eyed Mary). I won't factor the price into my vote, but the glitch is troublesome... It momentarily takes me out of the music every time. In the end, this release is still a 10 (but as with so many other defective surround releases, where's the quality control? Can someone listen to the darn things before they're mass produced?)

The impact of the glitches (there are more than just that one; just not as prominent) fades over time. This bd is at the top of my collection. Did you know that it was originally to be released as a dvd-dts but EMI changed their mind only a few months before the release.

The impact of the glitches (there are more than just that one; just not as prominent) fades over time. This bd is at the top of my collection. Did you know that it was originally to be released as a dvd-dts but EMI changed their mind only a few months before the release.
So there never was a corrected replacement for this? I'd thought that there was, guess not.

Adding a very late ’10’ to this poll. The improvement in sound quality is stunning and the mix stellar. Hopefully this will get a ‘book’ form release as rumored, without any additional mastering and with glitches repaired (the few in the 5.1 mix aren’t bad but the one in “My God” original stereo is painful!).

I finally gave in and bought this monstrosity of a budget buster. I got it in September for around 125.00 USD.

Its THE ten of tens, even with the dubious "remastering" done after Steven Wilson's work.

I have known of this record since 1975 but have always been put off by its poor fidelity.

Steven Wilson has done what should be considered a miracle. It now sounds like it was recorded in modern times.

Unbelievable. Truly

I finally gave in and bought this monstrosity of a budget buster. I got it in September for around 125.00 USD.

Its THE ten of tens, even with the dubious "remastering" done after Steven Wilson's work.

I have known of this record since 1975 but have always been put off by its poor fidelity.

Steven Wilson has done what should be considered a miracle. It now sounds like it was recorded in modern times.

Unbelievable. Truly

It certainly is an enigma...I paid $150 for mine and was actually smiling when I did it and have zero remorse for the purchase...and that doesn't happen very often in my world...for people like you and me that are familiar with the sad state of the sound quality of this music "back in the day"..it's nothing short of a miracle...it's the precursor to the other remarkable renovation project of the recent Yes Fragile disc by Steven Wilson...just amazing work on those 2...

yeah, and it makes me want to purchase it as well. :)

BTW, I just voted Aqualung (BD~A) a solid 10. One of the VERY BEST remasters.

Luckily, I was able to score a USED copy (ever so slightly crumpled outer box) for around $60 from ImportCD last year (through AmazonUS).

BTW, I just voted Aqualung (BD~A) a solid 10. One of the VERY BEST remasters.

Luckily, I was able to score a USED copy (ever so slightly crumpled outer box) for around $60 from ImportCD last year (through AmazonUS).

It's not just a REMASTER at all, and saying it's that does a disservice to what was actually done.
By creating brand new stereo and surround mixes of the album from the multitrack tapes (REMIXING), Steven Wilson has accomplished what could never have been possible before by simply remastering the original stereo mix.

It's not just a REMASTER at all, and saying it's that does a disservice to what was actually done.
By creating brand new stereo and surround mixes of the album from the multitrack tapes (REMIXING), Steven Wilson has accomplished what could never have been possible before by simply remastering the original stereo mix.

Whatever, RT but Steve Wilson did accomplish a MAJOR miracle when he tackled Aqualung. A few years ago I purchased a pricey RBCD reissue of Aqualung in a fancy shmancy box and it REALLY SUCKED. Just wish they'd show some respect to Wilson's post Aqualung Tull remasters by releasing them in FULL HiGH RES instead of Lossy DTS. The DTS sounds wonderful until compared to the LOSSLESS 96/24 Stereo which, IMHO and on MY equipment, BLOWS the DTS versions away (except of course minus the surrounds).

Back