HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - WISH YOU WERE HERE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - WISH YOU WERE HERE

• Total voters
Yes - except they are much more noticeable as there are a couple in quiet parts at the end of the disc.

A "9".

Lovely to have the quad mix in such great fidelity and the new 5.1 sounds absolutely amazing, even if it is a little less ambitious than I would have liked.

More digital glitches let the side down though.. Boo!

same here, I got mine off ebay from a dude in the UK who got two replacements by mistake, and sold it to me for $35.00.

if only it had been that simple for me! I only wanted the blu ray but I had to get the whole box with all the other crap I didn't want in it as there were no listings by folks who'd split the contents of their boxes at that time and nobody selling it on eBay at the time was willing to break up theirs!

I sold all the discs, but kept the marbles. Got $25 for all that other stuff. My net cost was $100, or $33.33 per marble. Hey, I thought ben wa balls came in pairs?!?

if only it had been that simple for me! I only wanted the blu ray but I had to get the whole box with all the other crap I didn't want in it as there were no listings by folks who'd split the contents of their boxes at that time and nobody selling it on eBay at the time was willing to break up theirs!

I sold all the discs, but kept the marbles. Got $25 for all that other stuff. My net cost was $100, or $33.33 per marble. Hey, I thought that ben wa balls came in pairs?!?

hahahaha..HA!!!!! hilarious!!

what about the coasters and the scarf?
I hope you hung onto those, they're just gorgeous!!

So what is the BDA sound like compared to the SACD? I have the SACD and was underwhelmed, as much by expectations as anything, so not sure I want to invest in this one just for the quad mix.

Imho it's worth having the BDA version because of the quad mix. Whether the quad mix justifies the price of the box set is another question...

Where did you buy your set, Fred. Amazon did sent replacement disc without the digital glitches.

Is there a way of visually determining the difference between the original discs with the digital glitches and the replacement disc without? I know on Aqualung I believe they put an underline under one of the titles. I'd like to find just the disc from the boxset on Ebay, but don't want to buy someone's defective disc.

Is there a way of visually determining the difference between the original discs with the digital glitches and the replacement disc without? I know on Aqualung I believe they put an underline under one of the titles. I'd like to find just the disc from the boxset on Ebay, but don't want to buy someone's defective disc.

iirc it was the corrected TAAB DVD with the underline on the DVD label, Aqualung glitches never got corrected :(

I can't remember any differences on the disc, I'll need to check at my brother's place. I gave him the glitchy version.

Please note the issue was only on the UK/Europe release - the US release was fine IIRC.

iirc it was the corrected TAAB DVD with the underline on the DVD label, Aqualung glitches never got corrected :(

Ah yes, my error. It was TAAB I was thinking of. I saw one of the Wish You Were Here Immersion set blu rays on ebay being sold by a guy from the Russian Federation. :yikes Who knows what the origins of that might be.

Ah yes, my error. It was TAAB I was thinking of. I saw one of the Wish You Were Here Immersion set blu rays on ebay being sold by a guy from the Russian Federation. :yikes Who knows what the origins of that might be.

the Russian WYWH BDs a bootleg, it's not had a standalone BD-A release, so far, afaik.

the Russian WYWH BDs a bootleg, it's not had a standalone BD-A release, so far, afaik.

Thanks, because I was debating about getting just that for WYWH and DSOTM, but not now. I will keep looking for just the blu ray or wait until I get paid (recently got screwed out of $3000+) which shut down my budget for anything other than necessities or great deals for now.

Back