HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - WISH YOU WERE HERE [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Pink Floyd - WISH YOU WERE HERE

• Total voters
Well Amazon UK cancelled my order today :(

"Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #026-8642213-8039527 and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it."

However Elusive disk confirmed acceptance of my order placed last night :) (was going to cancel Amazon anyway).

Turns out the total cost was only a couple of dollars dearer than Amazon even with Amazons free shipping to New Zealand and as I order Peter Gabriels New Blood Blu-Ray at the same time which was in stock that got shipped for free anyway even though the cost was below the qualifying amount for free shipping :):)

Elusive are also offering free shipping on "first time buyers" at the moment, although I will only get a credit equivilent of the domestic shipping cost. So all in all it seems to have worked out in my favour.

Got to receive it first though before I get too smug about it!

The real shocker was Music Direct who wanted $28 for shipping :yikes

When did you order? I (pre-)ordered from amazon.com on 13th Dec and it was delivered yesterday. I also got a pre-order guarantee price of $32.52 (with free shipping), which is good. even if more are in stock in amazon, it may not be under $35...and with present price of $43.91, it is cheaper to buy from elusive, acoustic sounds, music direct etc.

I ordered on December 28th...same pre-order price, but delivery is continually delayed :(

I ordered on December 28th...same pre-order price, but delivery is continually delayed :(

Finally got my copy today from Elusive Disk, total cost of US$39.76 including shipping to New Zealand.

The disk cost was only $30.99 as I got $4.00 off for being a "New Foriegn Customer". Not sure if they are still doing that offer though.

Looks like it is back in stock with Amazon but can't beat the price I paid - Go Elusive Disk!

Received my SACD yesterday. Have to admit, i had never listened to a Pink Floyd album, ever ! ( although i listened to this on youtube, before purchasing ) I have to say it's fantastic !! ( love the qurky sound effects on Welcome To The Machine ) Please forgive my ignorance, but it states there's a high resolution stereo mix, and a standard stereo mix, when i navigate the menu, i don't see an option for both ? I just get the usual cd 1.4 K display and playback. Would this be the high resolution stereo mix ?

Better late than never. The SACD contains both the CD and the hi-res (SACD) stereo versions of the album (aka hybrid). You can and should choose between them in the menu of your player.

Have to admit, i had never listened to a Pink Floyd album, ever !.....I'm afraid it's true !...and i've been on this planet, 48 years ! :D

Your name isn't Johnny Rotten is it? You must have been into punk.....either that or you've just had some cochlear implants and physically couldn't listen before. Take your time with the Floyd now you have listened, it is not like a lot of disposable music. One album at a time, there is a lot of joy ahead for you.

so the above post makes sense
johnnyrotten.jpg

Hmmmm You Tube sound VS SACD. This could start a trend in favor of poor surround mixing....

Also agree that is is next to impossible to have never heard ANY Pink Floyd. Even the most die hard cave dweller disco danced to Another Brick In The Wall LOL

Hmmmm You Tube sound VS SACD. This could start a trend in favor of poor surround mixing....

Also agree that is is next to impossible to have never heard ANY Pink Floyd. Even the most die hard cave dweller disco danced to Another Brick In The Wall LOL

I said i've never listened to an album ! I'm very familiar with songs like " Another Brick In The Wall " " Money " I like all kinds of music...and no, i don't like punk ! LOL

I'm afraid it's true !...and i've been on this planet, 48 years ! :D

Which answers the question "what has my seven month-old listened to that a 48 year-old guy hasn't?" :)

Just messing with you. We all have our weird blind spots.

I see that Amazon UK and Amazon.com both appear to be out of stock and are quoting one to two months delivery time.

Is this disk going to be OOP shortly or are we just looking at the effects of Christmas shopping?

Can still obtain from Elusive and was wondering whether to get a copy before it is too late.

Amazon UK is tops for me as they offer free shipping to New Zealand and no VAT so the price is good.

I think it is already OOP - AMazon UK are now quoting almost £80 a copy from the usual bookshop scalpers

I think it is already OOP - AMazon UK are now quoting almost £80 a copy from the usual bookshop scalpers

So why don't Analogue Productions do another run? If any title would sell this would be it - or even better issue the Blu-ray standalone.

Obnoxious thought of the day: The fact that we both know that means we're both old.

Speak up - I don;t have my ear trumpet plugged in.....who's bold?
Seriously though, the first Pistols album would make a bloody great 5.1 mix, but I wager the multitracks got wiped.
McLaren used to pay for the sessions in advance each day as the studio did not trust him, and in those days 2" tape was £200/reel, so I bet they just rented the tape....
Shame - imagine "Holidays In The Sun" or "EMI Unlimited Edition" in 5.1 - wow!

Back