BluRay Music Video Poll Lady Gaga - Monster Tour at Madison Square Garden [Blu-Ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray Video release of the Lady Gaga - MONSTER TOUR AT MSG

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Currently available only at Best Buy, this live concert Blu-Ray has been released by UMG with a very "progressive" 5.1 mix.

Brian Riordan, Emmy award-winning sound rerecording mixer and founder of Levels Audio, uniquely orchestrated the master 5.1 mix by leveraging the abundant audience microphones placed around Madison Square Garden during the concert to bring an immersing surround sound atmosphere to the Blu-ray Disc. Taking a progressive approach to concert videos, the Blu-ray mix breaks away from traditional use of surrounds by seemingly placing instruments around the viewer to deliver a truly unique 5.1 experience enhanced by the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack

http://www.4-traders.com/DOLBY-LABO...r-Ball-Tour-At-Madison-Square-Garde-13890736/

You can read about the mix in this Dolby article, and those with a sharp eye will see a QQ connection in there somewhere! :)

So, for those that get to their local Best Buy (this disc will be available everywhere once the exclusivity period expires), please post your thoughts and comments on this new 5.1 concert release.

lady gaga blu-ray.jpg

sorry to be a bubble burster, but this is just another idiot put into the limelight. We are told that it has talen, when really it is
full of subliminal massages and symbolism , that is - well really bad shit.
It's another NWO plant.

He liked her better when she was just old school Stefani Germanotta. :)

better? It's like if you don't know the truth, then do some investigation.
This person is - well I do not wish to offend, I apologize if I have brought out some truths. no body likes the truth.
Just having some fun. I'm not offended by what a person may think, as it is a personal opinion.
sorry! No meant to offend, demean, put down, or piss anyone off.

Whats the big deal? you like it , I don't. your free to tell of how and why, so am I.

Last edited:
ga ga - baby talk
ga ga - when your ralphing and praising the porcelain throne
ga ga - what you do when you choke on food
ga ga - a baby who cannot yet say ca ca
ga ga - response when you are kidnapped and mouth is covered

The poll tells the truth, all those who voted like this shit.

I wonder how you would feel if someone here were to crap on an artist you like.

There are a number of threads here in which it seems like you are completely unable to put some written limits on what's on your mind. This isn't the place to demean another's music in this manner, much like it wasn't the place to post your political or moral beliefs in past threads.

I haven't had a chance to listen or watch this yet. I'd love to at some point. While the concept is often more thought out than the music, I absolutely have crazy respect for Lady Gaga.

I'm not a fan but I have respect for her talent and commitment to her music. While I find all of the "hoopla" regarding her fashion statements to be a bit much, it is after all pop. I saw the HBO special (same show as the Blu Ray), and was impressed with the band and her vocals - all the other stuff, dancers, her "little monsters," etc to be, well, not my cup of tea. But it was all very well executed and the sound was top notch albeit in my case only Dolby surround and probably more audience than I would prefer.

I do think she can be a bit polarizing because of her socio-politial stances but still, on this forum it should be strictly about the music and respect to those who derive enjoyment from it - there are plenty of blogs where people can say some pretty godawful things - this is a place where I come to escape that kind of negativity - let's keep it positive here.

I never gave her much notice, with the whole "meat-dress" and all, and then I heard her hour+ interview with Howard Stern, during which she played two songs she wrote on a grand piano - no auto-tune, no synths, just her and a piano. And I was totally impressed, as was my wife when she watched the interview on TV.

She is much more than her persona, and I would imagine at some point in her career, she'll come out from behind the glitz and dazzel a few folks who don't understand that there is real talent behind the makeup and costumes. I really enjoyed hearing her talk about her background and her song writing process. If anyone gets a chance to listen to that interview, or watch it, I think they'll come out impressed.

However, to each his own. I totally dislike Elvis, thin and fat, and that always causes folks to jump back. You cannot dictate someone's taste.

Well I took the plunge after seeing the Brian Riordan youtube video about the mixing.

I was thoroughly surprised by how good the performance is especially considering that she sings everything live with no lip syncing while doing tons of cardio moves during the dancing. There is no denying that she may be an acquired taste to some but there is also no denying that Lady Gaga is a talented singer and a great entertainer. All you have to do is listen to the acapella version of "Born This Way" during the closing credits to realize that.

The mix on this Bluray is phenomenal. Nice bottom end with a really submersive mix. The mix really does show off both Gaga's singing (in the center channel) and the bands tightness. The video is 1080i and looks fabulous on my 55" LED Samsung.

I think everyone wants "more" out of Lada Gaga without appreciating what they've got. I think the "fashion" aspect of her persona is incredibly thought out, and she has a very unique connection with her fanbase.

I often say that the music hasn't caught up with the concept but, the more I think about it, the more I'm just plain wrong when I say that. Lady Gaga is an unlikely pop star and sex symbol. She's a shorter woman of average looks who purposely makes herself look either more beautiful or grotesque with her penchant for avant-garde fashion. She's a "misfit," and her message and music speaks to million of young "misfits" out there who believe in her positive message to them. I'm sure we'd like her to, then, go and reflect the plight of the bullied kid in the corner in a poignant way in her lyrics, but that's not what he chooses to do. Her music is, yes, party music, but it's music for the party that many of her fans never get invited to. She makes her fans feel welcome. She makes her fans feel like they fit in. She doesn't owe anyone anything else outside of that, or need to fit into the conventional concept of what an "artist" is.

He liked her better when she was just old school Stefani Germanotta. :)

Well, she learned from the best--Louise Ciccone...:D

Which indeed is true, from what I've seen and heard of Gaga to date...which is not a terrible thing IF you like ego-driven, ultraambitious, and somewhat (if not brilliantly) talented divas. And Gaga does have something going on if I can remember a handful of her songs, though she's not someone I'd listen to often.

This disc, for the audio alone, has me intrigued enough to check it out fairly soon. Like the Adele Albert hall thing, best to listen at least once so I don't feel too ignorant about today's pop.

ED :)

I never gave her much notice, with the whole "meat-dress" and all, and then I heard her hour+ interview with Howard Stern, during which she played two songs she wrote on a grand piano - no auto-tune, no synths, just her and a piano. And I was totally impressed, as was my wife when she watched the interview on TV.

She is much more than her persona, and I would imagine at some point in her career, she'll come out from behind the glitz and dazzel a few folks who don't understand that there is real talent behind the makeup and costumes. I really enjoyed hearing her talk about her background and her song writing process. If anyone gets a chance to listen to that interview, or watch it, I think they'll come out impressed.

However, to each his own. I totally dislike Elvis, thin and fat, and that always causes folks to jump back. You cannot dictate someone's taste.

However, to each his own. I totally dislike Elvis, thin and fat, and that always causes folks to jump back. You cannot dictate someone's taste

That is a very good statement! And no one should (like me) knock the music people like.
No foruming while intoxicated! it made me loose my little tire award!

Well, she learned from the best--Louise Ciccone...:D

I think that, while Madonna has gone through different phases and personas, Gaga's borrowed from several of those personas and welded them into one. Yes, though, it's quite the homage sometimes. :)

Superb picture and sound, the show is a visual feast!
Gaga is a legend in the making and the sound mix is brilliant!
It was a lovely Xmas present to myself last year.

A "10".

Back