Rush - A Farewell to Kings DVD-Audio Problem

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shays01

I recently purchased Rush Sector 2 in order to get the "A Farewell to Kings" DVD-Audio, but this disc locks up my Oppo BDP-83. I noticed at least one other person with the same problem on Amazon. Does anyone have this disc that is NOT having problems with the DVD-Audio portion of it? The DVD-Video will play fine. The DVD-Audio requires removing the power cord and reconnecting it before the disc can be ejected. An older Pioneer Elite DVD-Audio player will spin the DVD-Audio, but the sound is totally messed up. The Sub channel is super loud, while the other channels are low.

Hello. I just posted on this at the other Rush Sector thread. I also have the BDP, and I guess I'll be lucky if mine doesn't do the same thing. I AM fully updated, as far as Firmware updates via OppoDigital customer service. I may resort to my Denon DVD-2900 for playback, which sucks because the HDMI on the Oppo sounds soooooooooo great. whatever. Thanks.

It brings up the menu, allows you to select the Surround Tracks, then it loads the next menu with the track names. When you enter on the first track it locks up. I have many dvd-a discs and this is the first ever with a problem. My firmware is the latest "official" firmware. Would you recommend loading the newest beta firmware?

It brings up the menu, allows you to select the Surround Tracks, then it loads the next menu with the track names. When you enter on the first track it locks up. I have many dvd-a discs and this is the first ever with a problem. My firmware is the latest "official" firmware. Would you recommend loading the newest beta firmware?

I've got a BDP-83SE with the latest 83 beta software loaded...haven't had any problems with this beta release.

I've got Sector 2 on order, so i'll let you know how it goes once I've got the disc. I suspect it won't make a difference as there was no mention of any DVD-A improvements in the release notes - arghhhhh!!!!

I'll have to re-author an AVCHD disc of the MLP tracks if this continues to be an issue!!!!

The latest Beta Firmware resolves this problem. Note that if you have the BDP-83 and the latest "approved" firmware, this disc is most likely to have problems. The latest Beta does correct this however. Thanks to all that posted replys.

Main Version: BDP83-57-1026B
Loader Version: BE2800 or BT0500
Sub Version: MCU83-27-0326

Confirmed on my Oppo BDP-83 as well. Did not even try to play it before loading the Beta Firmware. No issues!

DUH, I forgot about this ,put the AFTK in the bdp83, frozen, come to this amazing site and oh yah have to load the new firmware. Load the firm ware and thats better it plays.
This is bringing back memories listening to this but don't remember it sounding this good. Bring on 2112 and Hemispheres.

peter

Back