500 Club - QQ All Star The Bright Side's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Quadro-Surround label

Wait a minute, does that mean the TC stuff is available in Surround? What else did that label release in Surround?

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello DaneelOlivaw,

your mail was interesting, but it - and also your PM - shows the difficulties with surround by music actual - and I am afraid a long time further on. One reason: When a company produces surround music, the surround-fans are often too choosy and don't buy the productions. And rhose, who have bought as me, has been often disappointed from often crazy msuic style or bad surround mixes. So DTS, Sliverline etc. has stopped their audio-surround productions. Another reason: I think, too many of the surround-fans have too much dreams of surround DVD-Audios from Madonna, Rollings Stones, Michael Buble etc. pp. but they don't grasp, that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. So they ignore also our quadraphonic productions up to now, although we will help to produce actual quadraphonic music, which is really listen for many with a "normal" music taste. We are working idealstic not looking for a profite, but "only" for a balance. But the professional companies needs profit. When a profite ist not possible, they stop the productions. I think, that Even Rhino's handmade with their both only old quadraphonic re-realizations has not got such a profit. So they also stopped their activity - or knows anybody some more? They may need for my opinion 500 buyers, we only 250. I am afraid, that the surround fans can wait for a "little" endlessness, that the big companies will start actual with new surround productions. It was told before, that Universal music would offer till December 2010 10 new Audio Blu Rays with pop music. But nothing is to seen or to heard. The companies are meanwhile in a fight for survival. Actual the EMI is bankruptcy. And the "rest" produces in such a situation only stereo - more and more also for iPod etc. or download. Nothing with surround.
    So it is interesting, that I know, that here and tehre in different countries are also bands, who are playing well listening music. But we are only just in the beginning. If we have a balance, we can produce some more. I know, that worldwide there are hundreds or thousand bands or musicians who are playing a very well music. But those we have also here. And some bands also from the USA or Canada are playing here in Hamburg - like our next productions with the David Celia Band.
    If we have with our start for new quadarphonic music by professional working a success, then something for further productions is possible. If another would start with quadrphonic productions, I would wellcome that. Than I would have more time for my further interests and I could save a lot of my money.

Dietrich

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello - The bright side

I self don't know if the TC stuff produce surround music. May be, DaneelOlivan has more informations. But actual without the Pink Floyd, The Whow or King Crimson is hardly to find surround music in the market, which is re-produced now. By the way - there are some Music Blu Rays, which are named "surround". There are also some of the big stars, but often they have only a very poor surround, which is in the rear channels most only reverberation or crying audiences. Not the surround sound, which a fan of quadraphonic surround needs.

Dietrich

300 Club - QQ All Star DaneelOlivaw's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Bright Side: sorry, there is no multichannel TC available. Based on a conversation with someone affiliated with them, I just heard they were interested in it and had discussed it with a multichannel label.

Level
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Forum Musician
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully that's screaming audiences and not crying.

Okay if the concern is making titles people want, use polls and pre-orders prior to production. I've no reason to expect major artists or labels to cooperate. There are certainly a number of second tier popular bands and beyond to pursue masters from, here's a few I'd buy all of:

Sparks, Triumvirat, Gentle Giant, Audience, Joan Armatrading, Ambrosia, King's X, Daniel Lanois, Ozric Tentacles, Robin Trower, The Chills, Catherine Wheel, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, 10cc, Brand X, Group 87, Bill Connors, Steve Morse, Dixie Dregs, Steve Hackett, Happy The Man, Romeo Void, Procol Harum, Djam Karet, Quartermass, Strawbs, Wondermints, Human Radio, Merchants Of Venus, Levitation, XTC, Sky, Dave Stewart+Barbara Gaskin, Suzanne Vega, Robyn Hitchcock

Hard to tell at a glance who has control of their masters, but I wanted to put some names out there to establish what I'm looking for.

Thanks for this thread and I wish you all the luck in the world!
    Timbre4
    Moderator, Musician, Foole
    Daddeo 2014 Selected Songs link:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=122027&t=3401

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star elmer's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean no disrespect here and wish the folks at the Quadro-Surround label all the luck in the world - but based on a quick peak at the website, the notion that they could attract the likes of ESL or even a second or third tier label is highly unlikely. The artwork presented for the individual titles alone, would send most labels with even the slightest interest running for the hills. I would hope that the artwork is not representative of the actual recordings but as that is all we have to go on for the moment, it would appear that these are amateurish at best. Take a look a the cover art for the "Jass Band" - man o man o man!

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Artwork/website aside, I'm willing to risk $20 to try them out and support the effort.
    Placing order in the morning, fingers crossed after that.

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chiburb View Post
    Artwork/website aside, I'm willing to risk $20 to try them out and support the effort.
    Placing order in the morning, fingers crossed after that.
    Well I'm sure they'll appreciate your support - hopefully you'll be happy with your purchase. My point however was more towards the folk here that are suggesting that they look for bigger fish to produce than "Black Jass."

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Elmer,
    The "Black Jazz Cover" is only a workplace study after redording. In that time we have had not the idea to start an own label. Actual it is not in our offer. Before that, we have to do a new quadraphonic remix and may have also a new cover. The Band has some pictures. By the way - look to the professional cover to Cing Crimson with a picture of a grimace. If it was our, you would say: An illustration mad by childs. Or look to Depeche Mode - playing the angel. I think, by music is important the sound. Of course, all can be improve. Also our webside. But we are now in the first phase of beginning. And important is for us, that the quadraphonic sound has really a beginning. Those, who have hope for high polished prospects may be from Warner with a lot offer of many new quadraphonic or surround SA-CDs/DVD-Audios may wait further on. And to remember: Also the best professional advertising of the big companies in beginning the 90's has not helped to make music surroundsound to a real success. Today we have low tide - okey some times one can find a shell.

Dietrich

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Chiburb,
    actual we can send the "Frank Valdor - Hot Nights in Rio". A music, predistined for a surround mix. Our next 2 productions we offer during late december. You may find this separate in the DVD-Audio threat. The discussion forum is further on our thread here.

Dietrich

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Chiburb,

because you have some pluck to buy one of our unknown production,so you should get it for free. You can test it and it would be wellcome, when you could write here a report about your impression of sound quality and quadraphonic re-mix.

Dietrich

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding covers I like the quad speakers. Purely simple and well-recognizable.

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich - it's good to know that you'll be working on your graphics presentation. Please don't mistake me - I do hope for the continued and successful development of your label. It's always a difficult venture presenting new material to the public - but you have a good and willing audience here at QQ.

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadro-Action View Post
    Hello Chiburb,

because you have some pluck to buy one of our unknown production,so you should get it for free. You can test it and it would be wellcome, when you could write here a report about your impression of sound quality and quadraphonic re-mix.

Dietrich
    Very generous of you, thanks.
    Sent PM with address.

Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dietrich:

I am a fan of quad instrumental music from artists such as Henry Mancini, Percy Faith, Al Hurt, Herb Albert, Burt Bacharach, Isao Tomita, Bert Kaempfert, etc, and would like to see some releases in this genre.

Justin
    Last edited by phydo; 12-09-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: update

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, Dietrich, you may find useful to introduce your label at SurroundSound google group http://groups.google.com/group/surroundsound There may be surround fans over there who are not (regular) visitors here at QQ.

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Justin
    I like too those orchestras, as you have named. Unfortunately such orchestras are actual nealy no more existent. Our production of the Frank Valdor orchestra ist also in the rough of big orchestras, but especially for latin music. May be there are possibilities to get rough recordings from the new Kaempfert orchestra. But actual Ican't tell details.

Hello Grill, a well hint with google. I will tell this our webmaster.
    Thank you

Dietrich

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star 0tto's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

hey Dietrich, would you consider sales by way of downloads over internet, beside the sales of physical discs?
    by doing this you obviously could cut on manufacturing and sell more, thus get sufficient funds to make upcoming
    releases at the pro. facility with nice collectable packaging.
    there also downside of purchases from overseas - as a physical purchase it would cost me after currency exchange,
    custom, GST (similar to VAT), postal extra charges, way over 30 bucks. i would love to give my support but not to
    the government but directly to the label.
    perhaps all well known pop-artists tightly guarded by the big labels, but would be nice to see releases in surround
    maybe not world famous but yet good artists who's play prog. and hard rock in the past and present.

damn, i would buy without doubt such modern band like Rammstein, ASP, Megaherz, Lacrimosa, Oomph in surround

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich,

Maybe you could take one track from the "Rio" DVD-A and put it on your website for download. I think people will really like it when they hear how great it sounds.
    :-jon

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

hello Jon,

thank you vor the hint. We have also the intention to do that: Sound-examples listen by our webside. May be, that this will help to chance the impession by some, that we would produce bad quality bungling. But as beginners we can do all ideas one after the other. I think in January we are ready to present such sound examples. And by future productions straightaway.

Dietrich

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Otto,

one can see, that downloads don't help the big industry before some loss. And we self like the physical discs. I trhink, producing music is a total artwork including packing, cover,information prints. Look to the opulent third or fourth re-presentation of Pink Floyd. I think - only for my opinion - downloads and anonymus music on the hard disc or a stick is comparable with foods in the shops by packing in simple not printed paper. OK, especially younger people loves downloads. But the most only for stereo and theire headphones. I think, quadraphonic surround fans are most in a some mature older and would prefere the physical disc. And younger music fans have not forgotten how to put a disc in a player.
    By the way, please write me the prices in the USA for a DVD-Audio (in the past), SA-CD (most classic) or music DVD. In Gemany those discs cost usual araound € 20,-- which is of corse a few more in $.
    One can haveof course wishes - for the big artist in surround. But that will be a very long waiting. And if there is such a surround production, it sound often or most only in a poor surround mix with music further on in front. I think, many music listeners should go also sometimes in live concerts by bands with not so wellknown names as the tops. But those bands plays likewise well to the other. And also such music in surround makes fun - especially in a real quadraphonic surround soundmix.

Dietrich

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich, I'd give a try for offering your products by downloads, Try it and you'll see. Some usefull polls about this topic:
    http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/foru...c-files-online
    http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/foru...surround-music

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Deitric:
    I would be interested in rock and progressive rock. It would be necessary for it to be in english for me to go for it. I don't know what you have access to, but I would love to have a clean discrete copy of Omega-200 Years after the last war. My SQ version is worn and scratchy. Of course, there are many others I would like to hear. I often thought that a small record company could do surround to fill this niche and make a living. Maybe it will work out for you. I hope so. It would be great if you could convince the big record companies to let you make surround versions of popular recordings, and sell them. I would expect that they would want royalties, but hopefully not a big up front fee that you would have to sell a million copies to break even. I had heard that's what did in the DTS recording project. They could never break even. That and the fact that the big record companies got jealous and wanted to do their own. It was not profitable on the scale of stereo recordings and I think that's what they were expecting. But a small concern might could pull it off. Good Luck and God speed.

The Quadfather

Plattsburg, MO (just outside Kansas City)
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest to also include a Pro-Logic II encoded stereo version of the surround music - we can't always listen in surround and the downmixing built into MLP, AC-3 and DTS doesn't work so well - nor does it encode stereo surrounds. Or get a hold of an SQ Position Encoder and include an SQ version since, to me, SQ has the best stereo fold down of ANY system. Next to SQ's stereo performance, all other systems suck.

Quadraphonic and other technical documents at: Disclord
    The history and development of the LaserDisc System at: LaserVision Landmarks

900 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocialOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I second the recommendation for Omega. They released two sq quad albums. Perhaps some others could be remixed if you made a deal. I don't know who owns the masters now but they originally recorded in Hungary, can't be an emi size company.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast