Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Quadro-Surround label

Quote Originally Posted by Quadro-Action View Post
    Hello Otto,

one can see, that downloads don't help the big industry before some loss. And we self like the physical discs. I trhink, producing music is a total artwork including packing, cover,information prints.
    what i suggested is a download of an image file from which you doing physical DVDA to fulfill purchase orders.
    for example, i wouldn't be thrilled to pay way over $30 to get homemade DVD-R with art-cover printed on the
    plain white paper. i can do this myself at home from downloaded .iso and pictures files, which will cost me less
    and arrives to me as fast, as fast is mine internet connection.
    the story would be different, if you offer DVDA up to industrial manufacturing standart with professionaly printed
    booklet in nice holding case. as one who's do not use computer for music listening and prefer physical medium,
    i wouldn't have issue to purchase such prints. and i believe this isn't only mine stance. other probably would
    prefer such way too.

By the way, please write me the prices in the USA for a DVD-Audio (in the past), SA-CD (most classic) or music DVD. In Gemany those discs cost usual araound 20,-- which is of corse a few more in $.

Dietrich
    there are different prices, quite often fluctuating up and down, depending on availability, rarities,
    who's sells, weather condition, mood of sale managers, etc.
    here is a links to amazon US and amazon CA, so you can check for yourself.

DVDA at amazon USA http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...udio&x=15&y=18

SACD at amazon USA http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...174%2Ck%3Asacd

DVDA at amazon CA http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...udio&x=14&y=18

SACD at amazon CA http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...514%2Ck%3Asacd

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jefe1 View Post
    Hi, I second the recommendation for Omega. They released two sq quad albums. Perhaps some others could be remixed if you made a deal. I don't know who owns the masters now but they originally recorded in Hungary, can't be an emi size company.
    I third for Omega. Their quad albums (200 Years after the Last War, Omega III) were released by a German label, Bellaphon. Dietrich, I do encourage you to contact Bellaphon to discuss about the possibilities.

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

now an answer for different askes. By the way - those discussion may be imossible with people or managers from Universal, Sony Music, Warner etc. An advantage of an fan-own label.

grill:
    I have looked to the prices of DVD's and DVD-Audios. But our productions one can not compare with stereo-CD's with a third publication. The $ 22,-- include also theair- mailing costs, which are from Germany to USA € 3,45. Special products like Rhino's "Aretha Franklin" without new costs of a real production have been also some expensive. And we have production costs for the band or the recording rough tape, the engineer, the GEMA, the duplication.

Quadfather
    I am not sure, if for "Omega" exist by other fans also a big interess. But it would be a nice example. I can ask the label Bellaphon generally, how many are the costs of a studio recording rough tape of 16 tracks, when they would sell or lend it out for a re-mix of quadraphonic sound.

Diclord
    We don't prefere a disc without menue.It was one of ther mistakes of the "big" companies, that their DVD-Audios has fussy menues. So our disc runs automaticalle in the right mode. I think, you have a home cinema. By ebay one can get a Pioneer multi-norm player for around $ 80. I have bought just one from the german Ebay to give this as present to Frank Valdor, so that he can listen at home often his "Hot Nights in Rio" in quadraphonic sound or a further quadraphonic remix of another production.

Dietrich

Original "QQ" Founder quadtrade's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich
    I would start by finding the band members. It did not take me long to find out they are still a band(Hungarian actually). Write them and see if they own the rights and would be interested in a hi rez multi channel release. You never know, they may lead you to somebody who was or is at Bellaphon. Start by getting hold of the band, they may have final say anyway.
    now an answer for different askes. By the way - those discussion may be imossible with people or managers from Universal, Sony Music, Warner etc. An advantage of an fan-own label.

Quadfather
    I am not sure, if for "Omega" exist by other fans also a big interess. But it would be a nice example. I can ask the label Bellaphon generally, how many are the costs of a studio recording rough tape of 16 tracks, when they would sell or lend it out for a re-mix of quadraphonic sound.

Dietrich
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.
    Frank Zappa from Real Frank Zappa Book

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich, I'm Hungarian. Although I don't work in the music business please let me know if you need my help in getting closer to Omega.

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello grill,
    as I said, I ask as experiment Bellapohon, if they like to give us a license - and how many money they demand. But I say also, that the fans with special wishes should pay the money self, which may be $ 5,000,--. I pay not this sum. Because I may later sell only 3 discs. The only way is to support our activity. Looking for wonders from the big industry will by for years or ever for nothing. But you may do not. If not, after some time I stop the project, use my money only for me and my interests and let alone the fans with many dreams but without looking for real possibilities. But that is not the decion for actual, but during 2012, when we have released 5 or 6 further productions.
    Dietrich

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star neil wilkes's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry25000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Actual our DVD-Audios are burned (DVDRs?). But they sound the same well as pressed. Pressed DVD's are unfortunately four times more expensive as by burned. When we have approximate sales of 250 pieces for each production and feel, that also the next will have the same numbers, we will also press the DVD-Audios. Each production cost 4.000. So we need 250 sales to have only a balance of costs and earnings - without looking for a profit. We make our activity with the Quadro Surround label anyway by idealistic intensions. If we would have in future profits, we would take the money only for bigger productions. But now we are on beginning. DTS is also a well technic for surround and was taken for some DTS CD's. But present we work with Dolby digital. I have heard it too and the result is excellent.

Dietrich
    Hi Dietrich.

You only need to have 300 titles made these days for replication to be a better deal than duplication, and replicated discs are forever whereas burned ones will degrade.
    I'd also really, seriously advise utilizing DTS - the Video_TS portion should be Dolby Digital as stream #1 and DTS as stream #2 (perfectly legal for DVD-A/V Hybrids).

Are the surround mixes actual discrete remixes?
    Oh well, whatever - nevermind.

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Neil,

actual we have selled 3 DVD-A's to USA and 30 to really interested fans here in the circels of surround (?) fans (?).
    I have hope, that some of the big firms will see, how "big" the interess is for new surround productions. By such a situation I don't pay additional around € 700,-- for pressed discs, which is actual only a bigger expense for nothing.
    The now few listeners can have also a well sound by the burned dics. All is possible, but it needs also fans, who can see the chance with an "own" label.

Dietrich
    Dietricvh

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Neil again,

of course, we mix only discrete.

Dietrich

Level
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich,

Would you like me to post some 1 minute samples from the DVD-A you sent me?
    :-jon

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Jon,
    we have already decided to make short sound examples in stereo for each of our productrions. It may be helpfull, when you receive this in a few days and can add this to our thread by DVD-Audio. I think, the next productions we should offer each as separate presentation by DVD-Audio. The thread "quadro-suriound label" may meanwhile too confusing by much discussion. I will clear up the next days, how this music is to transfer to you.
    Thank you for your big support.

Dietrich

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Jon,
    we have already decided to make short sound examples in stereo for each of our productrions. It may be helpfull, when you receive this in a few days and can add this to our thread by DVD-Audio. I think, the next productions we should offer each as separate presentation by DVD-Audio. The thread "quadro-suriound label" may meanwhile too confusing by much discussion. I will clear up the next days, how this music is to transfer to you.
    Thank you for your big support.

Dietrich
    I was thinking of posting some surround samples if you like. I could take the audio and create short DTS wav files for members to download. However, I do not want to do anything that would not be good for you guys.

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Jon,
    thank you for your ideas. But actual our sound engineer will create a few MP3 samples, so that interested members can listen the character or style of the music. They may then be curious, how this sounds at home in quadraphonic surround.
    So we will do also for our next productions. We would offer them already in December, but it looks more for beginning January. We must wait for the authority of the GEMA. I will inquiry today. But when it is ready, I send you again the examples, so that you can set the pictures und sound samples additional to my comment. Thank you already now.

Dietrich

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Dietrich has given me permission to upload 3 1 minutes samplers from the "Hot Nights in Rio" DVD-Audio.

These samples were converted from 24/48 to 16/44.1 and encoded to DTS. You cannot play these in Windows Media Player, as you will only hear the encoded DTS signal. To play these, right click the links on the following page and save the files to your PC. You can then burn them to a CD or play them in Foobar2000 or some other way to play a DTS wav file.

I think you will agree that the surround mix is quite impressive.

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/QuadroSurround

PS - QQ has no affiliation with QuadroSurround. I am providing this service because Dietrich is a long time member and I wish him the best of luck with his new label.

Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    QQ Counsel
    Post Thanks / Like

Great mix. Thanks to all for making these available! Looking forward to buying the compilation disc.

Here is the DTS Foobar2000 DTS plugin: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_dts

Simply put "foo_input_dts.dll" into Foobar2000's program "components" folder.
    Quadraphonic.info - Free Manuals, Articles and more.

Carnival of Stars - World Dance & Art Convention. August 2 & 3, 2014. Richmond, California

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: The Quadro-Surround label

Quote Originally Posted by JonUrban View Post

PS - QQ has no affiliation with QuadroSurround. I am providing this service because Dietrich is a long time member and I wish him the best of luck with his new label.
    I think at this point in time, the forum should promote as many labels of discrete surround as possible and do our part in helping them succeed.

I would love to have the problem of struggling to choose between 100 or more great new releases!

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    I think at this point in time, the forum should promote as many labels of discrete surround as possible and do our part in helping them succeed.

I would love to have the problem of struggling to choose between 100 or more great new releases!
    Of course! Just like we supported Quadio, and Martin with the Dorothee Munyaneza DVD-A from his Luminary Records, anyone who releases surround recordings will have the full support of QQ with no strings attached!

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello again,
    just we have completed our web-side with MP3 music-samples. So each of you can listen, how the big orchestra Frank Valdor sounds. We will do this also with our coming further quadraphonic productions, so that interested fans of quadraphonic surround-sound can listen, that we produce music with professional musicians and singers, who have also live a lot of fans by their concerts. Additional I will announce also their own web-sides which often further sound examples. For the orchestra Frank Valdor you may find some informations and pictures from his show orchestra with Google and his name. Our MP3 music samples you can listen by www.quadro-surround.de. Look to music-examples, then click and you have the side with the 3 MP3 samples. If possible, we will transfer them also to this thread by the QQ forum.

Dietrich

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Omega has another quad album besides "200 Years after the Last War"? What is the name of it? I bet I could never find a copy, since I have never seen so much as a picture of it. Maybe someday...
    The Quadfather

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Quadfather,
    the right place for a discussion or askes for SQ records should be the thread for SQ records. I self own only Omega III.
    But I think, we should look in the present time,what we could do, that quadraphonic sound is also new today, as we
    work with our label and webside quadro-surround.de

Dietrich

Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Deitrich;
    Das Omega verbotten? I would like it fine if I could buy it on a modern, discrete format. It doesn't have to be SQ.

The Quadfather

400 Club - QQ All Star
    Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Quadfather,
    The records of "Omega" are not "verboten" (permitted). I have meanwhile written to the label "Bellaphon" as a test, if it is possible, to geht the original 4-channel mastertapes or the rough tapes with 8 or 16 tracks for a new quadraphonic mixdown, if they do that (give a licence) and how many Euro this would cost. I feel curious, if they will answer and which ist their message. But when we could get this tapes: Who will pay the money of € 5.000 or 10.000? For a later selling of 3 or 4 DVD-Audios I don't make that. If "Bellaphon" answers, I will report their statement.
    We have payed already now a lot of money for our new products and do that also as a test, if such an involvement of actual surround productions will get an interess by the surround fans. I and my helpers feel quadraphonic sounds not as an theme of vintage, but it should sound also actual today. So our next surround productions is announced for beginning January

Dietrich

Level
    Achievements:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Quadfather,
    The records of "Omega" are not "verboten" (permitted). I have meanwhile written to the label "Bellaphon" as a test, if it is possible, to geht the original 4-channel mastertapes or the rough tapes with 8 or 16 tracks for a new quadraphonic mixdown, if they do that (give a licence) and how many Euro this would cost. I feel curious, if they will answer and which ist their message. But when we could get this tapes: Who will pay the money of 5.000 or 10.000? For a later selling of 3 or 4 DVD-Audios I don't make that. If "Bellaphon" answers, I will report their statement...
    Meanwhile I emailed Omega mentioning a possible digital release of their quad albums and the Quadro-Surround label as well but I've got no response yet. Omega celebrate their 50th anniversary so there would never be a better opportunity to give something special (eg. surround) to their fans (as did Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Rush, The Who).

Dreaming-Spires
    Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither of the Omega quad mixes are what i'd call "state of the art", you get the feeling whoever mixed them didn't understand the possibilyty's a quad mix would give the music, so many obvious possibity's were missed.

Both albums are "decoded" on the blog, for those who don't have them

I've always gotten the feeling Omega have distanced themselves from the english language "200 Years...", they never seem to do any of it live

OD

900 Club - QQ All Star Robert van Diggele's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesTagger First Class5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Quadfather,
    The records of "Omega" are not "verboten" (permitted). I have meanwhile written to the label "Bellaphon" as a test, if it is possible, to geht the original 4-channel mastertapes or the rough tapes with 8 or 16 tracks for a new quadraphonic mixdown, if they do that (give a licence) and how many Euro this would cost. I feel curious, if they will answer and which ist their message. But when we could get this tapes: Who will pay the money of € 5.000 or 10.000? For a later selling of 3 or 4 DVD-Audios I don't make that. If "Bellaphon" answers, I will report their statement.
    We have payed already now a lot of money for our new products and do that also as a test, if such an involvement of actual surround productions will get an interess by the surround fans. I and my helpers feel quadraphonic sounds not as an theme of vintage, but it should sound also actual today. So our next surround productions is announced for beginning January

Dietrich
    Re the cost, you could test the water with having people pre-order, so you know if there is enough demand tp go ahead with the Omega project.
    Pink Floyd Discography www.pinkfloyddiscography.org

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast