The Quadro-Surround label

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadro-Action

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
After announced some monthes ago, our label Quadro-Surround can offer now the first production as DVD-Audio, which runs also on usual DVD and Blu Ray players. We have already done some productions by digital recording, but for the first offer we have taken a studio rough tape of 16 tracks.Rerecorded also with a studio machine and professional Dolby A. The mixdown we have done in a stricktly quadraphonic tradition which means a big channel separation around. A fact, we have oft missed by newer productions with SA-CD or DVD-Audio.
Our DVD-Audio runs without a menue automatically in the right mode after closing the drawer. By players especially for DVD-Audio or multi-norm, the DVD-Audio tracks are in the output. Working with usual DVD- or Blu Ray players, the Dolby Digital track is recognized automatically.

Musical tastes are different. But one must be taken for the first offer. So we have produced for the beginning music of Latin, which can especially present a well surround sound with many percussion, noises and and sounds. The orchestra is Frank Valdor , a many years one of the best orchestras in Germany and neighbouring countries. His "Hot Nights in Rio" (recorded in Brasil) is not only a copy of Perez Prado or Xavier Cugat, he has an own style, which sound for the listener further on new and actual.

The price of our DVD-Audio is € 22,-- which means around $ 24,-- including air mail shipment. If you like to buy such a DVD-Audio, you can write us about our web side www.quadro-surround.de, with PM or direct to me ([email protected]). I think, the payment will be working best with paypal. If I have your order and know your mail-address, I can send to your paypal account a request for a payment. This should easy work. If you have other asks, you can mail me too.

We will produce further on all sorts of music, but without Heavy Metal or free Jazz or others which is musically a real niche. I think, a special interess will have Rock Music. But you have the possibility to talk us your own interess. If possibel, we would prouce those music. Our next 2 productions we will announce here in 2 or 3 weeks.

With our label we have now the possibility to produce new quadraphonic music without waiting for the big
companies or Rhinos "handmade", which has offer us only 2 old quadraphonic recordings, not new recordings. We are self quadraphonic fans from the 70's and knows, which sound the quadraphonic and surround fans like to listen. That is a real discrete sound listening around. When the fans will take part by buying our DVD-Audios and we can earn back the mony for a production, which is € 4,000,-- we can have a real own quadraphonic label - independent from the big firms, which have further on only a very low interess to give us new and really quadrapghonic productions. More about us - the technic and the productions - look to our web-side www.quadro-surround.de.

Dietrich

Hello Surround-fans. Much looking, what we have done ands will do is interesting, but much more interesting would be, when you could write, which musical taste you have. May be, that we could aknowledge a trend, which sort of music is wanted most. Till now I know, that the most quadraphonic fans in "more mature" ages like many sorts of music.

Dietrich

Classical, Easy Listening, Main Stream Jazz (not the esoteric kind), film music. If the quality of the singing and playing is of the right standard it does not matter to me who recorded it or where. Also must be in surround sound that makes good use of all my speakers. of course.

Hello Bming, thank you for your interess and naming your favourited music tastes. We have in the pipe for late December 2 further quadraphonic productions, which are Rock and classic in surround. We will again present this here.

Dietrich

Hello Mike , also your opinion and your favourtited Bands are interesting. But as new and little Label we could actual not get the rough tapes of Led Zeppelin, Scorpions or Queen by an acceptable price. But to ask the big companies to make surround remixings may be for nothing. But there is a lot of well music beneth the super groups. For one artist with a contract by one of the big firms exist 100, which are playing or singing in the same level, but has not the good luck to know a manager with connections to the big companies. And to produce such professional playing groups is our job. I think, well and satisfying music is most important, not only names. But the fans have now the possibilitie to help such a label as we, with strict quadraphonic releases. When we have an success, we have also more possibilities - and could later take licences of known groups. All has an begin.

Dietrich

Hello Mike , also your opinion and your favourtited Bands are interesting. But as new and little Label we could actual not get the rough tapes of Led Zeppelin, Scorpions or Queen by an acceptable price. But to ask the big companies to make surround remixings may be for nothing. But there is a lot of well music beneth the super groups. For one artist with a contract by one of the big firms exist 100, which are playing or singing in the same level, but has not the good luck to know a manager with connections to the big companies. And to produce such professional playing groups is our job. I think, well and satisfying music is most important, not only names. But the fans have now the possibilitie to help such a label as we, with strict quadraphonic releases. When we have an success, we have also more possibilities - and could later take licences of known groups. All has an begin.

Dietrich

What are you trying to accomplish? Your posts are through a translator.

For those interested, I editied Dietrich's first post, added graphics and scans, and put it on the QQ Home Page as the headline article.

Dietrich is a long time quad fan, and his group has put together a small label to release surround recordings that the larger labels no longer do. Check out the home page for the info and scans.

Seems a bit of catch 22. I get that this is legit, since they are acquiring the rights to smaller releases. However, I am unlikely to buy an album that I am unfamiliar with, even if it is a discrete remix of an obscure rock album. They need to sell some though, to move up the food chain to better known artists.

After a season of box sets and close to 200 ebay vinyl wins, my wife's tolerance for more music purchases is waning! I have to be selective at this point.

Hello Wanners,
I take only words of the english language. Most I know self, a few from the dictionary. I only do not know special slangs. Especially not those with usage in the USA. With other fans there I have a well email corrspondence. They always knows, what I mean.

Helllo Mike. Interests - also by music - are always different. But also in Stereo there are many CD's from new and unknown bands - and they have buyers. But I don't want to intrude myself or our products. I like only to present our new quadraphonic recordings or remixes as each producer will do. If possibel, we can add in future a few little sound examples.

Dietrich

Best of luck to you, Dietrich. It will be an uphill battle, but I'm glad there are people out there taking a chance. :)

Dietrich, I'd probably buy a compilation album of your favorite quad recordings. Is/will there be any?

Hey Dietrich, I wish you all the best for your endeavours. I'd be most interested in Rock releases, but certainly other genres too - hey, good music is good music. :)

I've been a music geek and CD collector for over 20 years now (since the age of ~10), and I know what you mean regarding independent artists. From Pink Floyd to Huey Lewis, I love them all, but one of my all-time favourite musicians is a guy named Mark Gillespie: an independent musician from the UK, performing across Germany. I've been following him around since 2003 (bit more tricky now that I live in Canada, but still).

I've been dreaming about hearing his stuff in Surround for years. Perhaps you can get in touch with him (www.gillespie.de), or PM me.

Hey, two things I am wondering about after checking your web page: will the discs be DVD-Rs, or do you have them pressed? And: did you consider including a DTS track for the video portion of your discs?

Hello grill
we will offer in January a compilation DVD-A with pieces from our first 4 or 5 productions, which will be a cross section of different music styles. It will cost € 10. But we will add our introductions of a new production with sound samples. We will make a test, if this is possible also for the QQ forum.

Hello The Bright Side.
Interesting your opinion about the independent music - and the artists of Gillespie. I have looked in the www side, but found only two musicians. They have played very well, but for surround it is not possible to create a 4-channel surround sound with 2 artists.
Actual our DVD-Audios are burned (DVDRs?). But they sound the same well as pressed. Pressed DVD's are unfortunately four times more expensive as by burned. When we have approximate sales of 250 pieces for each production and feel, that also the next will have the same numbers, we will also press the DVD-Audios. Each production cost € 4.000. So we need 250 sales to have only a balance of costs and earnings - without looking for a profit. We make our activity with the Quadro Surround label anyway by idealistic intensions. If we would have in future profits, we would take the money only for bigger productions. But now we are on beginning. DTS is also a well technic for surround and was taken for some DTS CD's. But present we work with Dolby digital. I have heard it too and the result is excellent.

Dietrich

Hello Robert
I have noticed your interess for rock music. The DVD-A of the David Celia (canadian) Band is coming out in late December (may be soon before Christmas) and is rock from roots to prog (?) but also meldodically. In February we offer an additional rock concert of the Band from Parsons & Thibaud with power and some times melodically rock.

Dietrich

Dietrich,
Thank you very much for doing your music label and we wish you much success. I'll put in a order for a compilation title when it comes out.

Hey Dietrich, thanks for your reply. Gillespie has been playing solo or with his partner Tom Drost lately, but up until 2009, and probably again in the future, he has been playing with his full band, and most of his albums are rock albums with full arrangements. Beyond drums, bass, guitar, they also have a lot of keyboard in there, and saxophone on some recordings, as well as a variety of selected instruments. Try e.g. "April Sun" or "Supersonic Sunday" on youtube. Either way, thanks for your interest, and thanks for your responses to my questions!

Back