ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checking Lisa. That's good customer service.

Hi George,

I'm afraid sending pre-orders separately is the only way we can do things without letting ourselves fall into the realms of packing disasters!

Please bear in mind that we're dealing with hundreds, or often thousands, of pre-orders for any one title and unlike MegaCorps we pick and pack everything by hand - checking sleeves and cases etc on the way.

To combine shipping on pre-orders would mean asking our system to hold over not only order details but also stock of titles that are already out or out at different times. We prefer to try to get pre-orders out for release dates rather than have, say 2,500 orders that all need to go out simultaneously containing any of 3,000 titles we stock. With all the will in the world even the lovely Shed packers would have trouble dealing with that!

So, sorry, but we prefer to give the personal touch to every single thing we send - I'm afraid that means sending pre-order titles individually and separately.

You can always wait until something you want is on general release to combine it with anything else.

Thanks,

Lisa

Okay, for the last time, let me try to set the record straight here.
1. We authored both these titles to DVD-A/V hybrid discs.
2 - We supplied 2 sets of Masters
3 - Both these masters carry the Sony Music splash as first play item.
4 - I susopect the 2 masters supplied are for 2 separate territories, so the US gets a master & the EU gets a master.
They are both the same.
5 - It matters not what the imprint is, unless you are a completist and want both imprints, as the content is identical, IE MLP Lossless 5.1/2.0, DTS 5.1, LPCM stereo 24/48.
You can access both MLP & the DTS streams from the Audio Manager, but not the LPCM stream as I felt it was pointless (duplicated in the MLP Stereo)
6 - Yes, they are genuine DVD-A/V titles thanks mainly to Steven and also to Lisa at Sony (ELP is "her" act, and she made the final call on releasing these as DVD-A/V).
7 - This is not the same as Lisa from Burning Shed.
8 - This is the final time I am going to try to explain this as it is admittedly difficult to accept with the histories involved & the massive number of misleading releases.
These are the real thing though, no matter if you have the Sony Music imprint or the Razor & Tie imprint.

Thank you Neil,

Let the next set of posts focus on how excited we were when they arrived, how much we like the package, and most of all, the music! Looking forward to opening my mailbox one fine day.

4 - I susopect the 2 masters supplied are for 2 separate territories, so the US gets a master & the EU gets a master.
They are both the same.
5 - It matters not what the imprint is, unless you are a completist and want both imprints, as the content is identical, IE MLP Lossless 5.1/2.0, DTS 5.1, LPCM stereo 24/48.
You can access both MLP & the DTS streams from the Audio Manager, but not the LPCM stream as I felt it was pointless (duplicated in the MLP Stereo)
6 - Yes, they are genuine DVD-A/V titles thanks mainly to Steven and also to Lisa at Sony (ELP is "her" act, and she made the final call on releasing these as DVD-A/V).
7 - This is not the same as Lisa from Burning Shed.
8 - This is the final time I am going to try to explain this as it is admittedly difficult to accept with the histories involved & the massive number of misleading releases.
These are the real thing though, no matter if you have the Sony Music imprint or the Razor & Tie imprint.

Thanks Neil, that settles it.
Tom

They are both the same.

So I guess we are getting the DVD-Audio in 48/24 also?

Yes. Actually, I ripped Lucky Man from the Rhino DVD-A and it was 24/48 as well.

Very strange...I ripped BSS and ALL tracks are 96/24 and my processor says 96KHz...ALL tracks. Benny The Bouncer, Still...You Turn Me On, and KE9, Second Impression are the only tracks not utilizing the 6 channels.
King Crimson says 96/24 for the stereo tracks but says nothing for the surround which is definitely 48/24.
Now Donald Fagen's Kamakiriad says on the notes 48/24 yet when ripped is 96/24 and also says that on my processor when played.

Very strange...I ripped BSS and ALL tracks are 96/24 and my processor says 96KHz...ALL tracks. Benny The Bouncer, Still...You Turn Me On, and KE9, Second Impression are the only tracks not utilizing the 6 channels.
King Crimson says 96/24 for the stereo tracks but says nothing for the surround which is definitely 48/24.
Now Donald Fagen's Kamakiriad says on the notes 48/24 yet when ripped is 96/24 and also says that on my processor when played.

Karmakiriad, has a long story behind it it was on the audio fidelity website, but it was upsampled at some point to 96/24 but i think Eliott Scheiner when passing the details on used the sampling rate that he had done most work in which was 48/24
Either way it sounds great.

back to ELP now:)

Karmakiriad, has a long story behind it it was on the audio fidelity website, but it was upsampled at some point to 96/24 but i think Eliott Scheiner when passing the details on used the sampling rate that he had done most work in which was 48/24

I would never be able to hear the difference between 96/24 or 48/24 anyway!

Uh-oh---we're going into some member's (whom I won't mention) territory of controversy...

Yeah, there is VERY little difference (almost imperceptible) between 48 and 96.

I can hear it in some releases, but then, I have been wrong in many (early) DDD recorded LPs ...but I can hear a difference between the CD and LP versions of ALL the stuff I have (my wife has given me a blind fold test)

and now I have a REALLY nice ear infection, causing me vertigo...at least I can hear fine....for now...

...can't wait for "Trilogy" in Surround!!!(as well as the S/T and Tarkus)

Go Steven , go!!!

My Amazon UK order still shows that it will ship a week from today ... but then again, that remains to be seen. Fingers tightly crossed.

That date change seems to refer to the bundle with the T-shirt and vinyl LP.

oh I just checked again, the October 23. date is just for the Shirt/Vinyl/CD+DVD Bundle the DVD+CD only is dated 08/25....

now I breed again

I hope you didn't stop breeding just because of that. What did your wife think of such a drastic reaction? :eek:

My wife was not here... but a collegue in the office started to hit me in the chest, and when he wanted to start doing mouth to mouth i suddenly started to breathe again... saved!

kamakiriad at 48? so is "The Nightfly" and several BD music offerings. If there is a diff. I can't tell.
and the Stereo of "Everything Must Go" is 192 misprint on the label.

Here is an extract for karmakirad,

Kamakiriad plays back at 96kHz/24-bit for both the 5.1 and stereo tracks, despite the fact that the back of the case states otherwise (48/24). There is a good reason for this discrepancy, apparently, because as with The Nightfly Roger Nichols did the remastering for this recording at 48/24. It was their reasoning that therefore that is the way it should be listed. The difference between this recording and The Nightfly is that instead of maintaining this sampling rate for the DVD-A, Elliot Scheiner instead remixed it onto 2" eight track analog tape. This way they could retain the new mix on a platform-independent medium, for future uses such as SACD for example. Bob Ludwig then recorded for DVD-A at 96/24. Whatever, all I know is that it sounds great!

As for nightfly wasnt that a very early and strange bit rate recording which also now sounds excellent.

back to EKLP good to know that Burning shed may be shippoing this this week very positive

Back