ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want Pictures At An Exhibition in surround! I'm told it has lots of edits and that could be a problem this far removed from the assembly event, plus tape availability that has hampered other ELP reissues. Still want it as close as we can get to it.

Pictures At An Exhibition was a 'live' album . You would think that the masters and multi's would still exist for that. It's a favourite of mine. Would love to hear that in 5.1

I remember going to see it in the cinema as a spotty teenager, it was great, so a true 5.1 of it would be good..... if its possible.

I remember going to see it in the cinema as a spotty teenager, it was great, so a true 5.1 of it would be good..... if its possible.

The film and the cd are actually completely different recordings - the film is Lyceum Dec 9, 1970 while the album is from Newcastle March 26, 1971...both versions are in the 2cd "deluxe" set from a few years ago.

But yeah, a 5.1 of the album would be great, and especially so if they found the rest of that show to add to a deluxe set. Oh, and finding the film before they added the silly cartoon effects would be very welcome too!

The version with the video FX was titled Rock and Roll Your Eyes at the theatre in 1974. Looking back now it was mostly Roll Your Eyes...

From QQ deep space

AFAIK, all the released versions - be it the Pictures only release or the extended concert version have the silly effects. Some years ago I heard a whisper that someone (one of the filmmakers?) had the raw footage but it's a long-winded rumor...but if only it could be found!

Since it's now September 1 and we have yet to get any firm news/information on the "Trilogy" reissue, I am now thinking that the Oct 13 date is no longer valid. Nov/Dec is probably more likely. As long as we get it and it sounds good.

Where did you hear/read that an earlier ELP album was missing?

I know it's still rumors, but I'm glad but disappointed at the same time that there's some talk about Trilogy & WBMF, yet nothing about the earlier PAAE. Hope it does not mean there is no 5.1 for PAAE

I'd be willing to have Pictures At An Exhibition even in 2.0 and super stereo (whatever that is).

Since it's now September 1 and we have yet to get any firm news/information on the "Trilogy" reissue, I am now thinking that the Oct 13 date is no longer valid. Nov/Dec is probably more likely. As long as we get it and it sounds good.

It seems we are now looking at the middle of November as the new release date for this disc. Hope this holds.

Even with what looks like a one month delay in the release date (from mid-October to mid-November), a preorder for "Trilogy" has been posted on amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trilogy-Emerson-Lake-Palmer/dp/B00M8NMN3E/

The Link currently says mid-October but other amazon sites and retailers are listing the date as mid-November which I think is more accurate.

Still nice to see this release is inching closer and closer to reality! :)

Even with what looks like a one month delay in the release date (from mid-October to mid-November), a preorder for "Trilogy" has been posted on amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trilogy-Emerson-Lake-Palmer/dp/B00M8NMN3E/

The Link currently says mid-October but other amazon sites and retailers are listing the date as mid-November which I think is more accurate.

Still nice to see this release is inching closer and closer to reality! :)

Thanks RT, I just pre-ordered @Amazon UK (y) (£28 bit expensive though, compared to the Tarkus & ELP DVDA sets.. I wonder what's in the box!?).

Thanks RT, I just pre-ordered @Amazon UK (y) (£28 bit expensive though, compared to the Tarkus & ELP DVDA sets.. I wonder what's in the box!?).

I think the price will definitely drop and fluctuate over the next two months, especially given that this release can't be more than 3-discs tops.

Back