ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fantastic if SW is doing surround remixes, but I see the original mixes are being remastered *again*....

those master tapes are gonna wear out if they keep doing that. ;>

I'm thinking that greg Lake attended the listening party that SW & RF threw a couple years, maybe not.

SW continues to make my dreams come true. However they package these, and however long I have to wait, these will be purchased right away.

Ditto on that. I'd stand in line overnight when those hit the street. If they do Tarkus in surround, would the track name be changed to 4 Bitches' Crystals or Bitches' 5.1 crystals?

I was elated that the first multi DVD-A I found was Brain Salad. I never bought Welcome Back on Q8, because I was waiting for that elusive CD-4.

Hey, where did you buy that QuadraDisc of Trilogy? lol!!

I'm thinking that greg Lake attended the listening party that SW & RF threw a couple years, maybe not.

SW continues to make my dreams come true. However they package these, and however long I have to wait, these will be purchased right away.

I saw some whispers out there on the interwebs that indeed it seems to be true - mixes by SW.

So yet again I'll be buying ELP reissues, only this time it'll be pure pleasure!

I saw some whispers out there on the interwebs that indeed it seems to be true - mixes by SW.

So yet again I'll be buying ELP reissues, only this time it'll be pure pleasure!

Classic 70's Prog - mixed by SW - It doesn't get much better...

I heard from a reliable source that the master tapes of WBMFTTSTNE cannot be found which, I believe, is the reason why Sanctuary never released it.

Actually, this was on the Rhino DVD-A upcoming releases information list for a few weeks in 2003 (along with Chicago X and I forget what else) before fading away.

RE: CD4 Trilogy

Over the last couple years we've had fun around here baking fake album jackets for the un-released quads and such. I found this on the internet a few months ago so can't claim it.

Re: ELP Welcome Back CD4 - I've told the story several times before. In my profile photos you can see the JVC CD4 Cutting Center photos; this is where the engineer told me they could never engineer a stable CD4 master because as he said, the masters were not engineered well to bgin with. He pointed to a tape storage locker, so that was the end of that.

Actually, this was on the Rhino DVD-A upcoming releases information list for a few weeks in 2003 (along with Chicago X and I forget what else) before fading away.

Sure, I remember it was on the Rhino DVD-A upcoming releases. I called them a bunch of times about it. But like I said, this was planned for release but it never happened BECAUSE the master tapes were NEVER FOUND. This is what I have been told.

*Confirmed* it's SW by Bobby Fripp in his diary:
Steven is the Numero Uno in-demand go-to Sonic Re-Vibrator of albums from the so-called Progressive Period. One of Steven’s recent jobs has been remixing the first two ELP albums. After several visits that fell through, Greg arrived to check-out the re-mixes. Steven was surprised to learn how much of my guitar playing I had learnt from Greg himself.

Back