ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I pre-ordered it on the 14th Sept. at the ridiculous price (£28) as its a must for me, so I checked my order and its dropped to £10.44 so a happy bunny so long as it doesn't creep up in price!

Got an email from amazon UK that the Trilogy release date is pushed back to Nov 17th...seems a flood of emails requesting more time to pay their credit card bills arrived at amazon headquarters...an unamed source inside amazon mentioned this forum as the origin of this flood of emails:ugham:

^HA!

ugh...here we go again...one would think they would have figured this release date crap out BY NOW??!

It's amazing to me that some of the people that swore they wouldn't ever buy another ELP item after the Brain Salad Surgery fiasco(surround disc wasn't included in the lower cost offering and after several delays and being told on the website that it was included).... have apparently developed amnesia:cool: and are now in a forgiving mood..

I confess that I have not yet pre-ordered this set specifically because of the BSS fiasco. I'm not even sure I'll ever buy it.

yeah no big deal...but still a lil annoying when the same groups do this..consistently...

Yeah, but it is understandable too, especially when it's not just a standard CD. With DVD and DVD-A the discs get authored and often get sent out to "beta" testers for compatibility issues etc. If there is an issue that needs correction that can throw the schedule off, bump them down the line in the manufacturing queue, which in itself can be booked up well in advance in the fall pre-xmas season. Toss that in with record label scheduling etc and that pretty much covers the delay?

Snood will not bother ordering until all details are final - fooooooool me once!!!

bet they wondering why their pre orders are down tooooooooooooooooooo..............just like they were wondering why they had so many people cancel orders last time on brain...........

idiots!!! :howl

Snood will not bother ordering until all details are final - fooooooool me once!!!

bet they wondering why their pre orders are down tooooooooooooooooooo..............just like they were wondering why they had so many people cancel orders last time on brain...........

idiots!!! :howl

the important part we already know....it IS 5.1!!! :banana:

and very reasonable price! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M8NMN3E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 ? discs...hmmm wonder what that means...

Audio CD (17 Nov 2014)
Number of Discs: 3
Format: CD+DVD, Box set
Label: Sony Music Cmg
ASIN: B00M8NMN3E

The other ELP releases were also three disc affairs. Probably cd1 will feature the original album in new stereo mix, cd2 alternate album and the dvd-a will have all including a 5.1 mix.

That's my assumption and I think it is a sound one. Once again, BSS was always considered a landmark album and hence its super-deluxe treatment. While many think Trilogy to be a better album in the big realm of ELP history that's just not the case (as great an album as it is...and I think it is!) so the "standard" 2cd +dvd-a is quite logical. The companies may be musically stupid, but I don't think they'll pull the same BSS stunt over Trilogy - being sales stupid is another matter (tho of course with BSS they showed they have both!)

It seems the surround mix of Brain Salad Surgery will be released in a 3 disc set in Japan...

Deluxe edition of "Brain Salad Surgery" from Emerson, Lake & Palmer features the latest 5.1ch mix, K2HD mastering, and the high-fidelity HQCD format (compatible with standard CD players). Includes unreleased track(s). Consists of two CDs and a DVD-Audio (subject to change).

One quick update of note:

Amazon.co.uk now lists the release date for "Trilogy" as November 24 (one week after the last posted date), which makes sense as we still have yet to hear any definitive information on its contents and release.

Can I get another week?!

Well the answer is yes. Amazon.co.uk now showing December 8th as the date of release for "Trilogy" but still no new info or tracklisting.

i just never understood that way of marketing. my way is always overestimate...then deliver early!!!

Back