ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It usually is. It's as if the mentality of 1985 persists. What's the significance of an "import" in a global economy.

With Sony involved anything could happen, they region coded some dual discs (Miles davis Kind of blue for instance even though it was only Dubly ), so 'import' could be very important

Last edited:
Looks like the release date was pushed to July 23rd for the UK(Change was made on Amazon.co.uk). I'm guessing/hoping that they found a US distributor since the release dates are the normal day apart instead of the prior week and a day. Also hoping they might have made the 5.1 lossless with this push in the release date.

Pictures of the Front and back covers from Amazon below.

51tgcgzJ%2BuL._SS400_.jpg

61qKF0uyQQL._SS400_.jpg

51gMEr-7%2BPL._SS400_.jpg

510STNjnxDL._SS400_.jpg

Very glad to see some actual artwork; would feel better seeing a DTS logo somewhere.....

Agreed, in both respects! Curious as to the DVD logo's lack of "Audio" (or "Video".. Boo!) or anything (!) in the little white disc underneath.. Hopeful as I am too that there's DTS on these at the very least, the little word "Audio" on that little dvd logo just there would be fab! :D

Seems we have to wait to find out what format it actually will be. Amazon.co.uk informed me to today that the release of the ELP discs is re-scheduled. Their shop now says: "This title will be released on July 23, 2012." for both.

Markus

Seems we have to wait to find out what format it actually will be. Amazon.co.uk informed me to today that the release of the ELP discs is re-scheduled. Their shop now says: "This title will be released on July 23, 2012." for both.

Markus

Grr..!! so annoying! maybe Sony are hedging their bets and it might juuuuust be DVDA after all..!! :D

Similar treatment from Sony of ELO's Out of the Blue in a 3 disc Legacy set with a 5.1 DVD would be fantastic too eh..!? Dreamtime!

If this were so, I'd think Neil would be able to say so as SW's DVD-A go-to authoring provider. He has said this is not the case as yet and this is a pretty late stage in the game of getting to market.

I hope to be wrong of course!

https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/99/3919/
https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/99/3920/

The discs are now available to preorder from Burning Shed.
They list the discs as being released on July 30th now, but amazon US & UK still lists the release on the 23rd. So we'll wait and see if there's another delay, but could it be possible that a delay could mean they're adding a DVD-A layer to the discs?
I hope so!

Well, the burning shed description does say Hi-Rez, but implies that is for stereo only. Time will tell....

Well, the burning shed description does say Hi-Rez, but implies that is for stereo only. Time will tell....

Maybe they fixed it or maybe it is easy to misread, but it does say 5.1 and hi-res stereo. Quoted from burningshed below where I've bolded and underlined to make it stand out:

DVD - 2012 5.1 and hi-res stereo mixes by Steven Wilson"

Possibly should be a comma so it reads 5.1, and hi-res stereo

This is Sony we are talking about so not supporting SACD or Blu ray would seem a crazy move to start with, (though I do believe that DVD is the best format for market penitration).
I would put money on hi res stereo being 48/16 LPCM but as its Sony, Dulby stereo could be considered hi-res:)

I hope i am wrong I have them on order anyway

I've pre-ordered via Burning Shed......I don't get going "Hi-Rez" on the new stereo mixes but not on the 5.1 mixes. The cost differential can't be much if you are already using DVD-A for the former. At least that is how it appears from the DVD description at this point. Anyone on a personal, first name basis with Steven Wilson to confirm the 5.1 format? <G> John

I've pre-ordered via Burning Shed......I don't get going "Hi-Rez" on the new stereo mixes but not on the 5.1 mixes. The cost differential can't be much if you are already using DVD-A for the former. At least that is how it appears from the DVD description at this point. Anyone on a personal, first name basis with Steven Wilson to confirm the 5.1 format? <G> John

AFAIK, Steve stated that it was going to be DTS (hopefully 96/24)---

There is an image from AMZ UK that shows it still may be undecided. I am feeling lucky man.

I'd picked up on that, the scans of the rear covers clearly show the DVD logo with no "video" or "audio" annotation in the little white disc underneath the word DVD, though there's no DTS or DD logo present from what i can see.. so at this point they still could be anything!? DVD-V with regular DTS, DVD-A.. who knows?! Not long to go now though really.. just over a month by the looks of the latest release date on Amazon UK! wee! :D

Back