ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an ebay listing for the Tarkus Deluxe set, Steven Wilson mix, DVD-audio. For what reason, I don't know, but the seller had listed a lot of 11 (eleven) BRAND NEW sets with free shipping. The lot sold for $25.03 (twenty five dollars and 3 cents). Quoting Keith as he tried to get the audience to sit down after performing his Piano Concerto No. 1, July 8, 1977 at Madison Square Garden, "let's move on..." Enough said...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-CD-20...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There was an ebay listing for the Tarkus Deluxe set, Steven Wilson mix, DVD-audio. For what reason, I don't know, but the seller had listed a lot of 11 (eleven) BRAND NEW sets with free shipping. The lot sold for $25.03 (twenty five dollars and 3 cents). Quoting Keith as he tried to get the audience to sit down after performing his Piano Concerto No. 1, July 8, 1977 at Madison Square Garden, "let's move on..." Enough said...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-CD-20...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Dude, we have moved on. You are the one who continues to slog off these releases at every chance you get. Meanwhile, myself and many others on this board are happily enjoying them and waiting for information on the Jakko remixes of "Trilogy" and "BSS" which supposedly are still coming in the summer...

That is bizzare. I bet not enough people saw that to start with.

That's totally nuts! Major score for the high bidder.

Has anyone actually looked at the auction? I just did, and it states they are a lot of 11 "Audio CD".
They are in the "Music - CD's" section.
Listed as "Audio CD 2012 Tarkus Emerson Lake & Palmer lot of 11 $150 value".
It takes close examination to see they are DVD, no mention of 5.1 or DVD-A so what do you expect?

Has anyone actually looked at the auction? I just did, and it states they are a lot of 11 "Audio CD".
It takes close examination to see they are DVD, no mention of 5.1 or DVD-A so what do you expect?

ahh.. inaccurate/incomplete/erroneous eBay listings.. snagged some of my best "steals" that way over the years..!! :xp:

Have a look about half-way down the page. There are some mouse-over images - Deluxe Edition - Definitely DVD-Audio.

71ecTKXCGLL._AA1500_.jpg

Record Store Day exclusive "Jerusalem" EP, which clearly states on the back "BRAIN SALAD SURGERY 40th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION COMING SOON!" :)

Have a look about half-way down the page. There are some mouse-over images - Deluxe Edition - Definitely DVD-Audio.

But Neil's point is that no one doing a search for "DVD-A", "DVD Audio", "Multichannel", "5.1" or "Surround Sound" would have ever stumbled on this listing. If the person who bought it knew about it's inclusion of these, it was because he/she was looking through practically ALL Tarkus listings and got really lucky.

I once searched for Beck's "Sea Change" and got a sealed copy of the SACD (with a hole punch) for $15.00, strictly based on what I saw in the photo.

My question to ELP on their facebook page:

Any news about Trilogy and BSS in 5.1 by Jakko? When are they planed to be released? I cant wait any longer to have Trilogy in 5.1

Emerson, Lake & Palmer response: Patience, patience. Soon enough there will be news
a few seconds ago. 1 like.

My question to ELP on their facebook page:

Any news about Trilogy and BSS in 5.1 by Jakko? When are they planed to be released? I cant wait any longer to have Trilogy in 5.1

Emerson, Lake & Palmer response: Patience, patience. Soon enough there will be news
a few seconds ago. 1 like.

No, but it's reasonable to assume these two titles will be released before long.

ED :)

Just like the post said, patience. We know they are coming, so we just have to wait. Difficult I know (especially for "Trilogy") but hopefully they will be well worth it. :)

Another month has gone by, and still no definitive info on when these reissues will be released, and what kind of bonus material we can expect.
Unlike the other 3 classic ELP albums, I'm not sure if "Trilogy" offers anything in the way of unreleased songs, but we'll see...
I'm curious to see if the "Brain Salad Surgery" reissue will contain new stereo and 5.1 mixes of "Brain Salad Surgery", "When the Apple Blossoms Bloom in the Windmills of Your Mind I'll Be Your Valentine", and "Tiger in a Spotlight". The first 2 tracks have been bonus tracks on BSS reissues before, but Tiger in a Spotlight was not issued until Works Vol 2, even though it was written & recorded during the BSS sessions.

Neil, if you're allowed to provide any info on these releases, please do! Otherwise, we will continue to play the waiting game. :)

Well I have a new update!
Which is that...

the remixes are still being remixed!

Tweet from Jakko (https://twitter.com/JakkoJ):
Today?
The salad that is brain and requires surgery in 5.1 & stereo.
Tonight I play football (or attempt to)

I replied to his tweet, asking if he has any idea when to expect these releases. Of course, I'll post on here if/when he replies! :)

Back