The Wall is Coming to 5.1 SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, while you're feeling generous with the specifics...how bout telling us what the next Quad release after this one is...lol!

Pink Floyd Animals - 1976 mix

JUST KIDDING!!!
I HAVE NO IDEA :music

Pink Floyd The Wall (studio album) multichannel confirmed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A multichannel version of the studio album has been confirmed by James Guthrie towards the end of an interview published September 25, 2015 at http://www.soundbard.com/soundbard/p...-floyd-in-5-1/

Quote:
Guthrie: I’m going to be starting a 5.1 mix of The Wall soon — the original studio album, that is. And we have discussed Animals. We haven’t talked about Pros and Cons or K.A.O.S., but you never know!

This may be the most significant news in the history of multichannel music, kid you not. The Sound Bard has some killer interviews if you look around.

I got the heads up on this sweet news from our friends at http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...-super-deluxe/ discussing the new Waters' release."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Maybe Okell could play it through some speakers in Abbey Road and record some fake ambiance / ambience and put it in the rear channels.

Hang on. The Roger Waters:The Wall Blu-ray 2-disc edition has an Easter egg that contains an unreleased Alan Parsons quad mix of the Pink Floyd album's main songs!

Well, believe it or not, that was in a dream I had last night. (I'm going to check the disc today just in case...).

All this talk about James Guthrie vs Andy Jackson when it comes to mixing "The Wall" in surround is completely futile and a waste of typing.
It's clearly Guthrie's job so I say let him get on with it cause it will be better than no surround mix of it at all, and none of us are getting any younger either!

Guthrie: I’m going to be starting a 5.1 mix of The Wall soon — the original studio album, that is. And we have discussed Animals....

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Ola Sergio,

Esta noticias paso, ya. Pero todavia es noticias buena. (y) Yo, no puedo esparar.

I think this is HUGE news. The Wall was made for surround, before there was surround. A lot of nit pickin here about James Guthrie mixing, but I enjoyed his mixes of DSOTM & WYWH. We could do a LOT WORSE, as far as mixing. And as Good Sir RT said: Its happenin, so drop your linen and stop your grinin. Get ready Boys!

:cool:

Pass!!!!
1st , it's one of the most depressing LPs in history ...and if JG is mixing it...PASS!!!!
Why can't Andy Jackson do it???

True, The Wall is not exactly an album for lightening up the mood. Also, I hope Guthrie gets a bit more adventurous with the mix. But most importantly is that it is offered in 5.1 as a single disc like WYWH; not solely as some $150 box set.

I'm hopeful they won't pull such a stunt on us, after all they did a Wall box set already, no?

Unless its a Super Duper Most Incredibly Awesome Even More Immersive Than Before Ultra Deluxe Immersion Box Set they've got planned to bury the 5.1 in (in amongst the coasters, scarves and marbles.. :eek: )

All this talk about James Guthrie vs Andy Jackson when it comes to mixing "The Wall" in surround is completely futile and a waste of typing.
It's clearly Guthrie's job so I say let him get on with it cause it will be better than no surround mix of it at all, and none of us are getting any younger either!

Hear hear! Very very very very (very) well said, RT..!!!! :upthumb

Pink Floyd The Wall (studio album) multichannel confirmed

"A multichannel version of the studio album has been confirmed by James Guthrie towards the end of an interview published September 25, 2015 at http://www.soundbard.com/soundbard/p...-floyd-in-5-1/

Quote:
Guthrie: I’m going to be starting a 5.1 mix of The Wall soon — the original studio album, that is. And we have discussed Animals. We haven’t talked about Pros and Cons or K.A.O.S., but you never know!

This may be the most significant news in the history of multichannel music, kid you not. The Sound Bard has some killer interviews if you look around.

I got the heads up on this sweet news from our friends at http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...-super-deluxe/ discussing the new Waters' release."

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Pink Floyd Inc. could sanction AF to release that elusive Animals Quad on Surround SACD while they're sussing out their asses from their elbows..? :eek:

True, The Wall is not exactly an album for lightening up the mood. Also, I hope Guthrie gets a bit more adventurous with the mix. But most importantly is that it is offered in 5.1 as a single disc like WYWH; not solely as some $150 box set.

He'll be as adventurous with the mix as the powers that be allow him to be adventurous with it. (So that basically means walking a very fine line between how Roger wants it to sound and how David wants it to sound, though I suspect in this instance Roger will more than likely have the final say, or final cut.) ;)

Back