Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition next year

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
From Ian Anderson himself via Q&A:

There will be a collector's edition of TAAB with remixes and 5.1 surround remixes as well as the original on CD and vinyl. Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) has already completed the TAAB remixes for release next year around September or Octiober.

Read more: http://thejethrotullboard.proboards...ions&action=display&thread=2310#ixzz1hR85NQYM

And there maybe more along the way after that...

Q2) Would you consider releasing a special 40th Anniversary edition of A Passion Play as you did with This Was and Stand Up? If so, would you consider including ALL of the original Chateau D'isaster recordings along with it, in re-mastered form and in the original intended order? I just heard the introduction (Lifebeats) for the first time and think it's fantastic.

Steven Wilson, who did the remixes of Aqualung and Thick As A Brick is keen to do this. We will discuss with EMI in due course.

Read more: http://thejethrotullboard.proboards...ions&action=display&thread=2310#ixzz1hR9PUVuI

Well, seems a dream comes true. TAAB in true surround.
Please, not only BIG SPENDING boxsets... a 5.1 dvd-a, sacd... ALONE!

Well, seems a dream comes true. TAAB in true surround.
Please, not only BIG SPENDING boxsets... a 5.1 dvd-a, sacd... ALONE!

Agree 100%-even at a higher price ("a la" recent Japanese SACD reissues from DVD-A)
Anyway, they will include a booklet with some extra info , which is all you need!!!!

Hey, I'll even go for DTS 96/24 5.1 !!!!

To show how much of a square I really am..... but Why can't Paul Revere and/or Mark Lindsay get their crap together and put out a nice PR&TR boxed set. TV appearances, Session Outtakes, complete albums, 5.1..... honestly, THAT would be something I'd throw money down for. I can safely say I don't really "get" Jethro Tull. Probably in the same way I don't "get" Pink Floyd. Probably need some mind altering substances to truly understand them, :smokin But hooray for more, new 5.1! Just wish it were something I'd stand in line for.

Considering the quality of Aqualung - I'd be happy with a "Thick as a Brick" box

P.S. There IS a Mike Nelson in the audience.... :)

As Tull goes, this one's okay, but the original Lp packaging was a lot more interesting to me than the music, which IMO, meandered about quite a bit, amounting to very little. I'd rather hear STAND UP or BENEFIT in 5.1, really, but hell, at this point if they wanna mix it, I'll buy it.

ED :)

As Tull goes, this one's okay, but the original Lp packaging was a lot more interesting to me than the music, which IMO, meandered about quite a bit, amounting to very little. I'd rather hear STAND UP or BENEFIT in 5.1, really, but hell, at this point if they wanna mix it, I'll buy it.

ED :)
Especially when its mixed by SW...

from his (I.A.) talk seems like he was pretty much satisfied with reissue and re-mix of the "Aqualung"
and have no objections about re-issue not just "TAAB" but perhaps all back catalog. main obstacle to
do this, can be EMI's management if sales of present release in their eyes wouldn't justify such effort.

I am 100% sure that if these were not ion massive boxes each individual element would sell more.

i.e the LP separate
the 5.1 disc separate or with a CD
the CD as a deluxe with extra tracks.

Still yet to experiance Aqualung as it was just tooo expensive and I just did not need the vinyl no matter how good it is was just ÂŁ20 more expense ina box set which i could do nothing with.

That's good news. If there is again such a nice deal at ImportCDs as with Aqualung (or some other place) combined with a good USD/EUR exchange rates this is a no-brainer for me.

Markus

I'll stand in line for a 5.1 TAAB. War Child, Broadsword, Minstrel and Too Old would be great in Quad/5.1. Tull and Floyd are wonderful bands, which I'm complete on. Ditto for PR&R's. Perhaps they could include Quad Mixes of Indian Reservation and Hard n' Heavy. Don't hold your breath, Indian Reservation and Country Wine have never been issued on US CD by CBS. Collage was a limited Alala CD pressing in US. Would LOVE to see that box, Q-Eight.

To show how much of a square I really am..... but Why can't Paul Revere and/or Mark Lindsay get their crap together and put out a nice PR&TR boxed set. TV appearances, Session Outtakes, complete albums, 5.1..... honestly, THAT would be something I'd throw money down for. I can safely say I don't really "get" Jethro Tull. Probably in the same way I don't "get" Pink Floyd. Probably need some mind altering substances to truly understand them, :smokin But hooray for more, new 5.1! Just wish it were something I'd stand in line for.

I'm definitely up for a Wilson mix of TaaB, I'd probably even pony up for the box set on that one as I've always preferred it to Aqualung.

At about 9:40 - discussion begins about Aqualung/Thick as a Brick40th...more, maybe your favourite Jethro Tull album was mentioned. Mine was. Yeah!
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2011/11/15/exclusive-video-interview-steven-wilson
Countdown clocks, again. Last time it was for Aqualung.
http://www.j-tull.com/
12 : 17 : 18
Day Hr Min

Here's my first Tull record:
ThickAsABrickLP.jpg

War Child would be wonderful too - the version "out there" is OK taken from CD-4 but would love the full 5.1 remix done on it.

a spark that's unexplained, a puff of smoke that no one knows where it came from or what caused it, and soon everyone in the room is enjoying the music, unexplained mysteries, relax and have a glass of wine, and let it go.

and I suppose it will be in a b** (dirty word) set?? Does Ian anderson know we are in economic bad times? People who have it just don't give two terds. Here we go again. Ian has $, I don't, and now I'm really pissed off.
It's just not right! I see the idea and cannot object, but please! enough is enough!!

It's not Ian's decision to put it out that way it's EMI's blame them if you blame anyone.

It's not Ian's decision to put it out that way it's EMI's blame them if you blame anyone.

sure, poor Ian. Steven Wilson with about 10 years of recording hystory can have influence on how his releases would
be retailed. but somehow Ian Anderson with over 50 years of being in this field, happen to have no voice in such matters.

Back