Blu-rays - UNBOXED! Get 'em while they're hot...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm I never did buy the WYWH set (my Xmas hints didn't really work)

I see lots of the DVD-AUDIO ones, but no blu-rays currently for WYWH

Buy the box, sell the items seperately...nobel idea...if marbles sells for $10, it should be profitable.

good idea! No one wants this shit!! no one wants the other discs, only the bd. I say again, these box sets suck. We should be allowed a choice, bullshit or no bullshit with our music!! All I want is the music!! rant!

good idea! No one wants this shit!! no one wants the other discs, only the bd. I say again, these box sets suck. We should be allowed a choice, bullshit or no bullshit with our music!! All I want is the music!! rant!

I'd say plenty, perhaps even more, people want the rest of the box. Never confuse what this small, but vocal, community wants with what the average buyer wants.

Should these things be available separately? Sure, they absolutely should.

Should all the Rush mixes be thrown in a landfill somewhere until they promise to hand them off to someone who'll do them proud? Sure, they absolutely should. ;)

I'd say plenty, perhaps even more, people want the rest of the box. Never confuse what this small, but vocal, community wants with what the average buyer wants.

i wouldn't argue about small, but vocal... i'm pretty much in doubt that's our community really have voice,
beside of doing quite useless promotion of surround and to some degree HiRes, to each other.
there were nice beggining when some members did digital conversions of obsolete quad and shared it with those
who's got interest to such releases. since then everything pretty much stalled with no progression toward present
conditions and circumstances. the single action i can recall - pressure on EMI to release "Aqualung" in lossless.
sadly that's all.
just for past year our community had grow up from 3000+ to over 5000 members and... still idling. sure those boxes
mostly filled with useless shit from our point of view are no help to populate HiRes surround among mass, because
only few even from core fans can afford to pay for them.
but labels have different view which i suppose is based on disbelieve that market is ready for such formats and being
in desperation due to decline of sales of usual physical mediums, just trying to get maximum return on minimum invest.
i don't know how many requests were sent to EMI in regard of "Aqualung", could be 100 or 500, but it not much matter.
fact is that those quantity turned out to be enough to convince some corporate decision makers in the necessity to
include BD-Audio version in re-issue.

I need to start looking for the Jethro Tull surround release too (I never knew who they were until now.......I knew the song Aqualung, just never bothered to look up the band)

any good place that has pics of the set so I know what to look for?

no wonder! I still took a loss, after thinking I could sell off my DSOTM set, keeping the BD. I finally was able to sell it off.
Being disabled and having an addiction to HR music often does not work to well. Looking to get the tull disc now,
evidently time is the key.
The Tull BD was awful. It seems Ian was having a bad day or somthing. sold it.

Should these things be available separately? Sure, they absolutely should.

Should all the Rush mixes be thrown in a landfill somewhere until they promise to hand them off to someone who'll do them proud? Sure, they absolutely should. ;)

I thought someone would want the stuff, turns out, it took me a while to sell it off. no one here wanted it, all we want is the BD version anyway.
and being on a bit of a small income does not help either. Thinking it was a quick turn around was a mistake. It would seem I'm the only one in my area who knows
what HR is to begin with. let alone BD music! ( navel of New York state)

Back