Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: too much good stuff in boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Quad Linda View Post
    Once in a while. I don't have a set these days. Plus, I don't have the upper body strength that I had when I was young, or what you guys have. I still have a practice pad and some various percussion instruments. I often stop in the drum shop three doors down from where I get my nails done. Priorities.
    Well, at least you had some times in a band and learned to play some instruments. One of my regrets is that I never played- always a spectator. I took violin in grade school, but never had the patience to practice- wanted to be out playing w/ my buds. I didn't know it took a lot of upper body strength to play drums- I woulda thought it was more about endurance than strength.

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star leevitalone1's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entrySocial10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProgRules View Post
    Well, at least you had some times in a band and learned to play some instruments. One of my regrets is that I never played- always a spectator. I took violin in grade school, but never had the patience to practice- wanted to be out playing w/ my buds. I didn't know it took a lot of upper body strength to play drums- I woulda thought it was more about endurance than strength.
    You need upper body and strong arms to withstand like hours of moving around. percussion intruments, drums, congas, bongos, timbale's, anything that you hit, you need physical stamina and strength to be able to not only play, but keep playing for all the tunes you may hear at a show. The ONLY drummer who has no need to "work" is Nick Mason, PF who plays the "dirges" and it's all slow and easy. Check out Lenny White On the RTF disc. This man works, like even Ginger baker, he's a bit older but kicks ass, and I bet he pays for that. Then check out Billy Cobham, He is a machine.
    The divorce was my fault, I just couldn't get along with her boyfriends.

300 Club - QQ All Star ProgRules's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leevitalone1 View Post
    You need upper body and strong arms to withstand like hours of moving around. percussion intruments, drums, congas, bongos, timbale's, anything that you hit, you need physical stamina and strength to be able to not only play, but keep playing for all the tunes you may hear at a show. The ONLY drummer who has no need to "work" is Nick Mason, PF who plays the "dirges" and it's all slow and easy. Check out Lenny White On the RTF disc. This man works, like even Ginger baker, he's a bit older but kicks ass, and I bet he pays for that. Then check out Billy Cobham, He is a machine.
    I would have thought it was more about stamina than strength, but I guess you need both. You would certainly know better than I. I have seen LW on the montreux disc- he is killer. That is an awesome disc.

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star leevitalone1's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entrySocial10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProgRules View Post
    I would have thought it was more about stamina than strength, but I guess you need both. You would certainly know better than I. I have seen LW on the montreux disc- he is killer. That is an awesome disc.
    That RTF is one of my all time favorites. saw stanley clark live once. having hung around with bands, musicians and worked at FM radio in the 70's, we were all listening to RTF and thier offerings. one theme in particular was the vulcan worlds theme, repeated and moded so many times by chick and stanley on solo offerings I got turned on to it early on and have been into almost everything done collectivly or solo by rtf members. Electric band went on to more intense involved music. have lots of EB stuff too. Pandora offers a nice selection of EB and members offerings, (on now) Dave Weckl another top drummer!
    The divorce was my fault, I just couldn't get along with her boyfriends.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12