DTS-CD Conversion Help Needed Here!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texquad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I just picked up a used 07 Acura TL over the holidays and I'm trying learn how to convert some of my library that will not play in the TL. I've been playing with various software and so far no luck. Can some of you in the know suggest the easiest ways to convert multichannel discs & files to play in my TL.
Thanks!

I assume that you have the software to extract the 6 mono wav files from your 5.1 sources, correct?

I would then suggest:

1) Get Foobar so you can remove any watermarks from DVD-A's (if you want to make compilations)
2) You will need a program like Discwelder to make 5.1 DVD-Audio discs, or a DTS encoder to make DTS CDs from the 6 mono wave files.

Can you give us more info as to what you can do and what you cannot do?

I assume that you have the software to extract the 6 mono wav files from your 5.1 sources, correct?

I would then suggest:

1) Get Foobar so you can remove any watermarks from DVD-A's (if you want to make compilations)
2) You will need a program like Discwelder to make 5.1 DVD-Audio discs, or a DTS encoder to make DTS CDs from the 6 mono wave files.

Can you give us more info as to what you can do and what you cannot do?

I've got copies of some recent 5.1 titles that were originally burned with DVD Shrink or Nero that play, but not on my ELS system. Plus I've discovered quite a few commercial discs in my collection that won't play either. I've been playing around with some new software: DVD Extractor, SurCode DVD-DTS, discWelder Chrome, DVD Audio Solo. Now I've already used Sound Forge, Adobe, DVD Decrypter in the past. I guess I'm looking for simple instructions on how to extract the audio files out of the video files so I can play em in the Acura. So far I've had no success and unfortunately it doesn't sound like a simple process! Thanks in advance.

I've got copies of some recent 5.1 titles that were originally burned with DVD Shrink or Nero that play, but not on my ELS system. Plus I've discovered quite a few commercial discs in my collection that won't play either. I've been playing around with some new software: DVD Extractor, SurCode DVD-DTS, discWelder Chrome, DVD Audio Solo. Now I've already used Sound Forge, Adobe, DVD Decrypter in the past. I guess I'm looking for simple instructions on how to extract the audio files out of the video files so I can play em in the Acura. So far I've had no success and unfortunately it doesn't sound like a simple process! Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have all of the correct software. If they don't play in the Acura, I am assuming that the discs are being stopped by the watermark, correct?

Sounds like you have all of the correct software. If they don't play in the Acura, I am assuming that the discs are being stopped by the watermark, correct?

No, I don't think that's the case. It's because they were burned with out the audio files separate from the video files. They need to be re-authored.

You need to author the discs with Discwelder Chrome as DVD-Audio discs, as the Acura will not play DVD-V discs. It's a pain, but you can make DVD-A's from concert DVD's very easily using DVD Audio Extractor (or is it Explorer?), getting the mono files, then creating the DVD-A with Discwelder.

Alternatively:
You can also use the "Extract audio from DVD-Video" tool of Audiomuxer to extract the audio from the DVD-Video & then convert to LPCM...

Then you can use Cirlinca DVD-Audio solo to author the DVD-A with LPCM @ 48k/24b (instead of Discwelder right?

Back