Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) blu ray confirmed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Storm Corrosion, the Akerfeldt/Wilson project, will be released in April. On their facebook page is now confirmed that a blu ray will be released with hi res stereo and 5.1 mixes, together with demo's and more.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Storm-Corrosion/187831801312141
Storm Corrosion will be issued on CD, limited deluxe double vinyl LP in gatefold sleeve with poster (which will be issued by Roadrunner, but curated by vinyl experts ToneFloat), and blu-ray. The blu-ray will include stereo and 5.1 mixes, demos and instrumental mixes, all at 96K high resolution. Confirmation of exact release date and pre-ordering info soon.

SW called this the last album in the trilogy of Opeth's Heritage, Grace for Drowning and Storm Corrosion. So sounds promising.

Glad that there will be a 5.1 of this, but I'll need to hear some of it first. From what's been said, it's nothing like Opeth (that's a plus as I've never been into them) and I'm still feeling very so-so about GfD. I suspect I'll end up buying it if only out of habit but I'm looking forward to Steven getting back with P Tree as I really miss the input from the other guys.

Will likely wait until the CD/BD is available as a standalone. While the price point isn't bad for the entire set, I don't have much use for a bulky LP at the moment. This should be interesting, though.

thanks for good news. looking forward to BD standalone version.
would be nice if everyone would leaves there a message. sort of encouraging the label
for HiRes releases and letting them to know that there are quite of the folks who's will
buy such releases.

for those that did not see his post on FB, Steven had this to say:

The CD and CD/Blu-ray editions of the Storm Corrosion album are beginning to appear on various mail order sites for pre-order now. I realise not everyone has a blu-ray player, but if you do please try to hear the 96K/24 bit version, especially in surround sound. This is my personal favourite surround mix so far, something about the music lends itself perfectly to 5.1. All editions feature flat transfers of the mixes - to keep the music as natural and dynamic as possible the mastering stage has been completely bypassed, so please exercise your volume control for "loudness".

All editions feature flat transfers of the mixes - to keep the music as natural and dynamic as possible the mastering stage has been completely bypassed
that's great.
would love to hear it

Opinions seem to be divided on whether that clip is real or not. I'm verging on the side of not - the drums sound very cheap to me.

At least it's a cd and blu-ray bundle. I didn't like the fact that Grace for Drowning was blu-ray only. I had to illegally download flacs to burn on cd, 'cos I absolutely hate to have to buy the same album twice, or get the uber-expensive box sets in order to have all listening options.

At least it's a cd and blu-ray bundle. I didn't like the fact that Grace for Drowning was blu-ray only. I had to illegally download flacs to burn on cd, 'cos I absolutely hate to have to buy the same album twice, or get the uber-expensive box sets in order to have all listening options.
The blu ray I bought from burning shed had a code within it for the free flac download.

What a price eh?! It's like SW gives his stuff away compared to everybody else.

that's what i'm wondering a lot. the print and distribution done by Roadrunner label.
how come that BD-Audio retails for less than CDs and ADVDs?
do artists can have input on the retail price? if so then those guys from PF, Who, JT
are greedy bastards in golden baths filled by champagne.
btw. i have no need for CD at all, but price for this "corrosion" release is quite resonable.
albeit i'm not much in metall genre, i hope relatively new and smaller label like Roadrunner,
would do transition to new advanced formats much faster than those dinosaurs of record industry.

Back