Here's my Rock Quads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ventures

DSC03569.jpg

very cool! Pearl is the tits! Do they still work?
The only bad thing about 8tracks is the failure to observe song interuption to switch racks,
I hated that. Right in the middle, it fades out and comes back after a cachunk.
I remember a time when everyone had a pile of tapes in the glove box.
and an add on tape player. I had all mine stolen, (of course) and the deck too.
They were the popular item for fuking thieves then.

There's no song interruption on these tapes, as there's just two programs. Much like side one & two of a record. I've never met a tape I couldn't restore, and I've repaired hundreds.

Excellent post Ventures!

Lets' all post pictures of great Rock Q8's! Here's a pile I sold on eBay once:

StackofRockQuads.jpg

Who's next? :phones

Mine aren't all rock though. I also sort them by catalogue number, not genre. I've been on a big Country kick lately - I've got all four Roy Clark's now and one Donna Fargo... really good mix on that one!

Attachments

• February 2012 001.jpg
    February 2012 001.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 462
Here's another Canadian (Alberta) Collection. i started in the 70's and picked up again recently. I do listen to all of them. Not all rock thoughQuads3.jpg

A quick peek turns up: Bobby Womack-Looking for a Love Again
Ventures-Only Hits Volumes One and Two
Ferrante and Teicher- Killing me Softly
War-The World is a Ghetto

I have re-orged them according to artist recently (not cart colour) so I'll post a few more pics with better resolution as soon as I can get to it.

Ken

Ok....any chance you'd like someone to make a free digital backup copy of your UA gold carts for you?

Are they considered something special generally? I know the War one seems to be hard to find and the Bobby Womack Album is quite enjoyable but the others are sort of MOR.

Im curious. Is there a story here? I would be be willing but why the fuss....

ken

From what I've been told, the gold carts have better fidelity than the easier to find black and white carts. The Womack and War tapes are the ones that are of more interest, but I figure may as well take on the whole pile since the gold carts in general just seem to not be as easy to find as the black and whites. I see you do have a few white UA carts on the pile, have you noticed the gold carts to have a better sound than the white carts?

I guess i'd say yes they are better but a guy'd really have to do an A/B comparison with the same material to be sure. I'm listening to Bobby Womack right now and there is very little tape hiss and it seems to have pretty good punch. The War one is one of my favorites mostly for the material as it was such a great album. I'm a bit nervous about shipping them off but we could talk through PM's if you like.

Ken

Back