eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$263.88 for Ship Ahoy, Wow! I could finance a vacation if I sold my SACD and my Q8 of it.

That is one of the only pop/rock/Jazz SACDs that I don't have now. (Apart from Aerosmith Rocks)
I would pay close to that for it now.

Ship Ahoy would be pretty hard to part with. It's perhaps the best Philadelphia International album and a fantastic Quad/5.1 mix.

I don't have Rocks on SACD. I have a mint SQ and a CD as part of "Box of Fire."

This air I breathe, it don't belong to me...

That is one of the only pop/rock/Jazz SACDs that I don't have now. (Apart from Aerosmith Rocks)
I would pay close to that for it now.

SACD has become a strictly audiophile format. If they can sell 2ch SACD, they can sell MC SACD. Neither will sell millions. mchoo7 has a great point, yet there IS a market for existing MC mixes on SACD. The record companies are masters of leaving money on the table.
Why reissues of SACDs are not in the mind of certain people is beyond my comprehension.

SACD has become a strictly audiophile format. If they can sell 2ch SACD, they can sell MC SACD. Neither will sell millions. mchoo7 has a great point, yet there IS a market for existing MC mixes on SACD. The record companies are masters of leaving money on the table.

Yes, I understand the numbers mchoo7 is talking about and the niche market thing, maybe I'm just letting out a feeling of frustration. In japan there's a pletora of SACD reissues of old music/artists that I'm not interested in. I wish I could buy some of the most wanted SACD's out there like Sarah Brightman's, Paul Van Dyk's, Groove Armada's, David Bowie's and others at a reasonable price.

Well, at least the Talk Talk SACD's will be replaced soon with reissues (I think remastered) in deluxe editions including a DVD with the 96/24 stereo versions of the album.

Yes, I understand the numbers mchoo7 is talking about and the niche market thing

I don't want to believe it but may be it is true. However the example is essentially hyperbole.

Last edited:
The number of titles released on 2ch SACD has expanded in the last year. Mofi's Columbia, Capitol & WEA titles, Analog Productions' UMG & Blue Note titles, and UMG's SHM-SACD and Impulse titles prove that there is an audiophile niche SACD market. Don't forget the MC SACD re-release of several WEA former DVD-A titles. Somebody's buying this stuff, and I'm one of those somebodys. That's an undisputable fact, not hype.

I don't want to believe it but may be it is true. However the example is essentially hyberbole.

Mantovani used quad reels going for around $180. Maybe time to unload mine. Are these going to USA buyers or overseas? I don't like shipping overseas since they can just file a non-received claim on you and then you lose all your money that you brought in for the item. ebay blocks this info now for some unknown privacy reasons.

The number of titles released on 2ch SACD has expanded in the last year. Mofi's Columbia, Capitol & WEA titles, Analog Productions' UMG & Blue Note titles, and UMG's SHM-SACD and Impulse titles prove that there is an audiophile niche SACD market. Don't forget the MC SACD re-release of several WEA former DVD-A titles. Somebody's buying this stuff, and I'm one of those somebodys. That's an undisputable fact, not hype.
Don't forget The Police. According to SHforums, they are soon reissuing some of their 2003 digipaks. I know they are not 5.1, but anyway.
Also some other news, some of the Moodies 2006 SACDs are getting re-issued.

Back