eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok My old fart brain is on standby. This is sick. In 1988 I think, CD's were out. I bought a player. I bought a few CD's, Billy Joel, a couple more and- dear Barbra , Sgt peppers. I was especially fascinated by how you could hear the tape start rolling. The hiss- Kept it, until I found High res. Then like an ass ( man I am dumb shit!) I give it to my buddy. ass hat me don't like lossy music now. Just recently last December we had a falling out. It's gone. Poor me :smack:. So the moral is keep what you got till you get what you need, and don't be an ass hat like me?:violin

The Beatles CDs came out in longboxes (remember those) and the bar codes were on the box, not the JB. There must be a ton of these out there so I can't understand why this guy is listing it so high.

The Beatles CDs came out in longboxes (remember those) and the bar codes were on the box, not the JB. There must be a ton of these out there so I can't understand why this guy is listing it so high.

Actually that "MADE IN ENGLAND" Sgt. Pepper came in a slipcover that had the barcode (and a big folded up LP sized insert that was outside the CD case in the slipcover). If anything that copy should be discounted because of what is missing!

Don't get too excited, it sold for 59 bucks in a bid last night on eBay :hi For 3x as much? I don't think so. (Is the attraction a sampled Obama and Pepper Pots singing? :unsure:)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coldplay-A-Head-Full-Of-Dreams-Blu-ray-audio-5-1-surround-mix/223142994653?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Yes, well understood. When I sell items, I check actual "sold" listings on eBay, plus historic sales on discogs. It doesn't matter what sellers are currently asking. It matters what buyers are willing to pay.
I hope you greatly enjoy the album! I look forward to hearing it in the not-too-distant future. :phones

That is crazy money for that Coldplay album!o_O I always thought there was way too much base! Have hardly listened to it... How does a newish release get priced up so quickly?!

A complete failure of the record company. The fans get fleeced and the record company and artist get zero when it’s sold second hand...

A simple solution - sell MCH downloads and everyone’s a winner! Rant over! :cool:

That is crazy money for that Coldplay album!o_O I always thought there was way too much base! Have hardly listened to it... How does a newish release get priced up so quickly?!

A complete failure of the record company. The fans get fleeced and the record company and artist get zero when it’s sold second hand...

A simple solution - sell MCH downloads and everyone’s a winner! Rant over! :cool:

Mr. Smithers, although I consider it 'lesser' Coldplay [their earlier albums were indeed BETTER], I didn't find the bass that excessive [you could always turn it down] although I am surprised Atlantic didn't see fit to press more BD~A copies thus avoiding an OOP 'bidding' war on eBay. It certainly doesn't justify spending $139 [ouch] but I suppose if you HAVE to have it.......then pay you must......COLDPAY!

Mr. Smithers, although I consider it 'lesser' Coldplay [their earlier albums were indeed BETTER], I didn't find the bass that excessive [you could always turn it down] although I am surprised Atlantic didn't see fit to press more BD~A copies thus avoiding an OOP 'bidding' war on eBay. It certainly doesn't justify spending $139 [ouch] but I suppose if you HAVE to have it.......then pay you must......COLDPAY!

Mama don’t like no base in this place... Well me neighbours anyway. :phones Normally don’t care too much - but I never really took to it that much... Will have to spin it again. Just seems way overpriced...

Agreed they should defo mix the first 3! Hell yeah! If only they could ‘consciencely uncouple’ from stereo?

As soon as it’s OOP the original sellers get zero so I can’t understand from a business POV how that works? The reprint costs are pretty mininmal? Coldpay indeed! :)

I think this guy is buying up all the copies! :ROFLMAO:

7B718C1A-5E7C-445F-B94A-211D8257DBE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Mama don’t like no base in this place... Well me neighbours anyway. :phones Normally don’t care too much - but I never really took to it that much... Will have to spin it again. Just seems way overpriced...

Agreed they should defo mix the first 3! Hell yeah! If only they could ‘consciencely uncouple’ from stereo?

As soon as it’s OOP the original sellers get zero so I can’t understand from a business POV how that works? The reprint costs are pretty mininmal? Coldpay indeed! :)

Mama may not like bass .... but Papa certainly DOES! Buy your neighbors ear plugs. BTW, I bought the Coldplay BD~A for under $20. Played it once and filed it away under NOPLAYNEVERAGAIN.....not really....it does have its charms.

:cool:
Mama may not like bass .... but Papa certainly DOES! Buy your neighbors ear plugs. BTW, I bought the Coldplay BD~A for under $20. Played it once and filed it away under NOPLAYNEVERAGAIN.....not really....it does have its charms.

Yeah guess I should be happy - got it for about the same amount... I’ll give it a play again soonish - sub adjusted. :cool:

But there really are some silly prices around...

One of the craziest prices I’ve seen recently is for the Vangalis - Blade Runner OST SACD...
Which is in stereo! £100?!?! :eek:

Back