Steven Wilson 15) Porcupine Tree "Back Catalog"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi

Are there any plans to release any of the earlier Porcupine Tree albums in surround?

I'd personally like to see them all, especially The Sky Moves Sideways...

Hi

Are there any plans to release any of the earlier Porcupine Tree albums in surround?

May I second that request. There are many who came in late or Missed the ship like me, who never was exposed to
Porcupine Tree until it was too late and really liked the band. Thanks!

I asked Steven this at the premiere of Insurgentes in London - and he said that there weren't any plans to go back any further than Stupid Dream. I'd love to think that the inerest in surround since that time would have changed his mind though!

I would also like to know whether there are plans to redo 'In Absentia', since the existing DVD-A is sorely lacking in bass.

I would also like to know whether there are plans to redo 'In Absentia', since the existing DVD-A is sorely lacking in bass.

And seems to be out of print, going for close to $200.00 on Amazon marketplace. Same with Deadwing. A remastered, more dynamic version, maybe along the lines of GFD would be nice. And maybe on blu-ray?

And seems to be out of print, going for close to $200.00 on Amazon marketplace. Same with Deadwing. A remastered, more dynamic version, maybe along the lines of GFD would be nice. And maybe on blu-ray?

2nd the blue ray Idea! That format will entice a bigger audience, and more sales. Eveyone has a BD player, not all have dvd audio players. ( I'll take what I can get!)

2nd the blue ray Idea! That format will entice a bigger audience, and more sales. Eveyone has a BD player, not all have dvd audio players. ( I'll take what I can get!)

Not everyone has a blu ray player, I dont !, and at the moment while 'between jobs' dont really have the money to get one. I have to say that of my Circle of friends and relatives I also know of only two blu ray owners and thay are both PS3s.

With my local Asda Walmart halving the Blu ray disc shelves since Christmas i dont see it as the format to replace DVD either. They are going to go hand in hand until they both peter out to downloads (which I have no time for either)

Hi

The Sky Moves Sideways would be great, but I don't think SW is a big fan of that album, so I doubt it will happen.

Personally, I'd really like for Signify to be remixed in 5.1. I think it would work very well.

Brad

Not everyone has a blu ray player, I dont !, and at the moment while 'between jobs' dont really have the money to get one. I have to say that of my Circle of friends and relatives I also know of only two blu ray owners and thay are both PS3s.

With my local Asda Walmart halving the Blu ray disc shelves since Christmas i dont see it as the format to replace DVD either. They are going to go hand in hand until they both peter out to downloads (which I have no time for either)

True, not everyone has a blu-ray player, and it will probably never fully replace DVD. But besides myself, I don't personally know anyone who has full DVDA/SACD capabilities, but I have many friends and relatives that have blu-ray capabilities (mainly because of PS3) and watch and buy blus almost exclusively. With the current price range of blu-ray players being close to the same as many dvd players-not to mention the current prices of many blu-ray movies themselves (alot of times only $10 to $15)- when a DVD player poops out and it comes time to replace it, it only makes sense to buy a blu-ray player.

IMO, as far as high-resolution music is concerned, In Absentia would be far more accessible to people on the Blu-ray format than DVDA.

...In Absentia would be far more accessible to people on the Blu-ray format than DVDA.
I don't want to answer for Steven, but I think that this would be upto DTS Entertainment as they produced the DVD-A version and probably hold the license for it.

will change to "Most everyone" I'm just a lucky person to have what I do.

SW has previously mentioned the distinct possibility of In Absentia and Deadwing albums being re-issued on Blu-Ray at some point in the future. The market impact is certainly greater with BD as the consumer doesn't have to think too hard or worry about having a player capable of delivering the intended effect.

Boy, I sure wish I had bought doubles when I picked up these titles! It could have financed my getting more of these hard to find releases. For every release I hesitated about picking up, looking now the prices have tripled.

The Sky Moves Sideways would be great, but I don't think SW is a big fan of that album, so I doubt it will happen.

Personally, I'd really like for Signify to be remixed in 5.1. I think it would work very well.

Brad

ABSOLUTELY !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back