The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand X hired our PA a few times when Phil Collins was playing with them! If I remember correctly Percy Jones designed his own Bass amplifier, which intrigued me as I was studying Electronics at Uni.

I could have chatted with him in New York City last winter but decided he’d probably been accosted enough for one evening so I snapped a couple pictures and called it a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed this thread. My big show this year was going to Farm Aid. It was really great. The highlights for me were Avett Brothers, Sheryl Crow and Neil Young. I'd never seen the Avetts and frankly only had a peripheral awareness of them before, but they are one of the most energetic live acts I've ever seen. Several other acts that I liked better previously followed them and none of them came close to that performance. I've always loved Sheryl, and her set was great, but still not as good as the Avetts. Jack Johnson did a song about Willie Nelson getting him high and winning all of his money at poker, but the Avetts were still better. I love Mellencamp and had seen him twice before, but the Avetts are still better. Nobody was better until Neil Young came out. Rolling Stone said he was like a feral cat being let out of it's cage, and that was a good description. He crushed everything in his path for 45 minutes. I've seen him a few times, and to my surprise this was by far the best show I've seen.

Just came back from the Dan Reed Network gig.....
I AM STILL PUMPED!!!!
They have SO MUCH FUN ONSTAGE!!! it was a one of a kind concert...They even played a song they had rehearsed TODAY at the soundcheck!!!!!....even rehearsing the end about 4 times..I was CRACKING UP...of course , I was FRONT AND CENTER and Dan let me even sing a few lines and he loved it!!!
THEY ARE SOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!
Love 'em....

their last CD is not as good as the first three ones (sorry, it's my opinion) so , search for those first three which are CHEAAAP in DIscogs..."Slam"(their 2nd one) was produced by Nile Rodgers(!!!)

They were FREAKING OUT when I told 'en I had seen the in 88 in Great woods!!!!...
A pity there were less than 100 folks there , BUT THEY were ALL HARDCORE FANS!!!!

Well its not an up and coming gig as its the 31st October 2018 in Cardiff!

King Crimson on the Uncertain Times tour,

King Crimson European Tour 2018
Robert Fripp - Guitar
Jakko Jakszyk - Guitar, Vocals
Mel Collins - Saxes, Flute
Tony Levin - Basses, Stick, Backing Vocals
Pat Mastelotto - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion
Gavin Harrison - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion
Jeremy Stacey - Acoustic And Electronic Percussion, Keyboards
Bill Rieflin - Mellotron, Keyboards, Fairy Dusting

KC 2018 tour.jpg

Ringo and his merry band of All Stars - Fox Theatre Atlanta, November11. Second row! A delightfully entertaining show.

RINGO%202_zpsw5y6wzuw.jpg

BAND%201_zpskijqfwww.jpg

TODD%203_zpsfzwijevj.jpg

RINGO%20DRUMS_zpsycswfw5d.jpg

STEVE%20TODD_zpsldkuzshd.jpg

RINGO%20RICHARD_zps9cahrf19.jpg

Just bought tickets for Herbie Hancock at The Fox, Oakland, man live shows are getting expensive. Robert Plant is playing 2 weeks earlier and the tickets are just too expensive. So record sales are down and in order for the millionaires to stay millionaires the fans get gouged. That’s why I like going to small blues and jazz clubs.

Just bought tickets for Herbie Hancock at The Fox, Oakland, man live shows are getting expensive. Robert Plant is playing 2 weeks earlier and the tickets are just too expensive. So record sales are down and in order for the millionaires to stay millionaires the fans get gouged. That’s why I like going to small blues and jazz clubs.

Really depends on the artist and venue. Steven Wilson tickets are always reasonable in the $30-$35 range. Same for Snarky Puppy, Hot Tuna, etc. Eric Johnson $40, mostly City Winery. John Cleese was $95 each but that was a splurge for family. Trevor Noah $48. Badfinger $28.

I have paid higher prices for a few like Tool, A Perfect Circle, Moody Blues 50th, King Crimson $138, but it has to be really special to fork over a lot.

Really depends on the artist and venue. Steven Wilson tickets are always reasonable in the $30-$35 range. Same for Snarky Puppy, Hot Tuna, etc. Eric Johnson $40, mostly City Winery. John Cleese was $95 each but that was a splurge for family. Trevor Noah $48. Badfinger $28.

I have paid higher prices for a few like Tool, A Perfect Circle, Moody Blues 50th, King Crimson $138, but it has to be really special to fork over a lot.

My Steven Wilson tickets are $61 each. The venue is a theatre in Chicago in 2018. I'm in the 1st row of the first balcony. Should be wonderful seats.

My Steven Wilson tickets are $61 each. The venue is a theatre in Chicago in 2018. I'm in the 1st row of the first balcony. Should be wonderful seats.

I bought both nights in Chicago myself. Vic Theatre right? Mine are $45 each floor center 3 row Q. Same in Row N on 5/02.

SW in Denver and Portland are $35 each.

I bought both nights in Chicago myself. Vic Theatre right? Mine are $45 each floor center 3 row Q. Same in Row N on 5/02.

SW in Denver and Portland are $35 each.

Yep, same venue. I could have gotten floor center as well - but my wife is so short, I feared she couldn't see. Floor center were cheaper than lower balcony.

In the middle of the Bara MacNeils Christmas show at the Centennial Concert Hall here...doubt anyone here has heard of them, but to a transplanted east coaster it’s heaven:)

Saw Paul McCartney on Tuesday night. His voice was a bit rough but otherwise it was a great show. The music was wonderful and the gags were staged and corny but that's Paul, always the showman.

Not sure how he does it at 75 - I took Wednesday off work and still feel a bit ragged Thursday. Paul was back on stage Wednesday.

Air Supply - Live in Walnut Creek, CA

From mid November. My sister shot the video from her iPhone. The concert was for charity and then it was announced all proceed would go towards to help victims of the wild fires in the North Bay.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/thedrugaddict/videos/1492142594188867/[/video]

Air Supply - Live in Walnut Creek, CA

From mid November. My sister shot the video from her iPhone. The concert was for charity and then it was announced all proceed would go towards to help victims of the wild fires in the North Bay.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/thedrugaddict/videos/1492142594188867/[/video]

Is that a legit link? The URL says drugaddictvideos. And, anyway, it says video not available. :yikes

Back