The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I got a really nice pair of seats (First row of balcony, dead center) for the upcoming (January 2018) show here by the Portland Cello Project. We've seen them here before in a smaller performance space which while it was a very enjoyable show musically, it didn't have the best sight lines. This time the show is in a nice theater (Kimo Theater) that has very good acoustics.

Isn't Jack D amazing? So much energy for a guy who's been around so long.
Saw them in June in Boulder, right as the album was released.
Two of the first four tunes were Hendrix covers, as I recall.
:smokin

Jack was insane.:mad:@: Hands down the best drummer I have ever seen. :worthy

Castles Made of Sand brought a tear to my eye.
A great night of music

HOLY SHEEEPSH*T, BATMAN!!!! (again!)

November is GIG MONTH!!!!!! (Jean-Luc Ponty on the 8th in Madrid, Saga on the 14th in Munich and now..)

Just got tickets to go see Dan Reed Network in MADRID on the 29th of Nov!!!! (and for only 20 EUROS!!!!!)

WOW, and foithermore, WOW!!!!

I got all of their (four) albums...

What is really curious is that when I was working in Tower Records (Boston) in 1988, we were playing their 1st CD on the rock floor quite a bit and found out that they were opening for (of all people), UB40 in Great Woods...so, we got our tix- it was three of us, I only remember a lovely gal, Caroline Jones and we were in like the 14th row and the place was EMPTY when DRN played their set and they were pointing at us and dedicating songs to us cause we were on our feet and grooving to their music!!!! and they kicked some serious ass!!!! I'll NEVER forget it!!!

Afterwards the place was packed and they read over the PA that the show was gonna be filmed, etc, etc., AFAIK, it has never seen the light of day, and UB40 were great too...they started their set behind curtains, as if the music playing was from the PA, but I could hear the sound from the stage and I knew it was them, which was confirmed when they opened the curtain halfway through the song...

Last edited:
I dunno if I posted this. But I have secured 4th row tickets to REO Speedwagon at the Virginia Theatre in Champaign, IL next February. They will rock, they will rule...they will return to their home-town. I'll be close.... :)

Since I'm being fired from my job on the 3rd of Nov (where have I heard this one before?? Oh , yeah , LAST YEAR!!!..well at least I get compensation...a bit of chump change), I am planning to move...TO THE USA!!!!!...thought I'd never do it but when the going gets tough, you make lemonade or something like that...I say this with a heavy heart cause, in spite of all the corruption and scandals, I love España and life here is SOOOOOOO different than anywhere else, I basically graduated from Berklee and came over to Spain the next year, so all of my work trajectory has been in Madrid...but mainly it's cause the wife wants a divorce -out of nowhere(???...women are crazy, man-with apologies to Mamita Linda, and even they accept that fact!!!:mad:@:)- cue in the violins- and together we could afford the place and modest lifestyle we had , but separately, it'd be impossible...

So I'm starting to get my shite together and throwing out all kinds of stuff...don't even wanna THINK of how much it's gonna cost shipping my LP/DVDA-V/SACD/LD collection, but we'll cross that river when we get there...

Sooo, a few years ago I started writing down ALL of the concerts I've seen, and I had been wondering where I put it, and I FOUND IT!!! So I immediately updated it-I'm sure I'm missing a few, but there have been YEARS that I haven't gone to any gigs just cause artists come to EUROPE ..not España (which is more like Northern Africa...)...

Man, it was really interesting to see all of the stuff I've seen...and all of the ones that are gone now....I'll have to make a .txt document and post it...

BTW...anyone have a job they can offer me???...I'm a US citizen!!!! (Not kidding, PM if you do!)

At Long last, Adrian Legg on November 5th at the little upstairs guitar museum in Chattanooga my wife and I just visited a week ago! I’m on his mailing list but there haven’t been any dates near us or places I travel to. My younger son has been a fan since he was 10 (now 24) and I’ve been one for 20+ years myself. Happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night I saw King Crimson in Atlanta. Outstanding show. I knew relatively little about this current lineup so was delightfully surprised by the setlist which featured the '69-'74 period. The frontline of three drummers was an inspired and brilliant decision. The musicianship and interplay between the three was an absolute joy to behold. They play the same venue tonight and I was able to secure a ticket this morning and will be returning.

KC%202_zpsi459rpor.jpg

Last night I saw King Crimson in Atlanta. Outstanding show. I knew relatively little about this current lineup so was delightfully surprised by the setlist which featured the '69-'74 period. The frontline of three drummers was an inspired and brilliant decision. The musicianship and interplay between the three was an absolute joy to behold. They play the same venue tonight and I was able to secure a ticket this morning and will be returning.

KC%202_zpsi459rpor.jpg

Hey, I was there too! Great show
3298c74208c77eaa28fc6afe6db1fc65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight I went to see Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque at Theatr brycheiniog (thats Welsh that is!) in Brecon, as part of the Brecon Baroque Festival 2017, five days of musical events, anyway I digress a bit,
~ this was my first ever Classical concert and very nice it was too, very, very nice and enjoyable.:) They played some Giovanni Gabrieli some Giovanni Legrenzi and a lot of Antonio Vivaldi including the Four Seasons and the whole thing was recorded for BBC Radio 3 to be broadcast later this week (Tuesday) which I have already set to record.(y)

Back