The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I am with Carl Palmer of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. This was at the merch table after last night's show at City Winery in Nashville, where Carl indulged all of us there with autographs, pictures, and fist bumps! That was worth the price of admission alone! :)

18447201_10212721444691908_8599060096375502078_n.jpg

June 14, Tears for Fears
July 18, Brit Floyd
August 22, Ian Anderson plays Jethro Tull

All of the above are at a local outdoor venue called Artpark. Also they are all in the front corral section where you can get right up to the stage (standing room only, no seats).

October 3, Roger Waters (Toronto)

Going to see U2 tomorrow, Weds May 17th at Levi Stadium. Mumford and Sons open the show at 6:30. Don't forget the U2 Joshua Tree Box Set releasing June 2nd.
51MYTqU7eUL.jpg71f5g0rk6gL._SX522_.jpg

I got my Steven Wilson ticket for Feb 1st - he's playing one of the biggest venues in Madrid and it was 60 Euros for a 10th row seat!!

Can't wait to get his new BD...

Holy Moley!!!
My credit card is getting hotter...

Just got tix to see Steve Hackett in the Jardín Botánico in Madrid June 30th!!!

Nice..I've never seen him and IIRC , Beggsy is on bass duties...

Roger Hodgson is also playing but I don't think I can stretch my money that much!!

Wow! Talk about spontaneous...

Wife and I just secured tickets to see Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold at Soldier Field in Chicago...June 18th! Holy mother of all that is sacred. This will be wonderful. I haven't seen Metallica for 20 years...this should be fun. :)

Wife and I just secured tickets to see Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold at Soldier Field in Chicago...June 18th! Holy mother of all that is sacred. This will be wonderful. I haven't seen Metallica for 20 years...this should be fun. :)

Thata Boy.

Or...I will find out that I feel old and mostly out of place... :violin

Steve Hackett at London Palladium last night - excellent gig and for anyone who's interested Jakko Jakszyk was sitting 2 seats along from me! He was sitting with his wife so I didn't pluck up the courage to go and say hello!

More likely to be dazzled by the lights reflecting off the audiences bald heads :couch ...............that's what happens to the poor soles behind me at gigs :smokin

Or...I will find out that I feel old and mostly out of place... :violin

Great show by MIDNIGHT OIL in Chicago on Thursday night! Kind of a chronological band history set list and it was energetically delivered by the 5 original members along with a utility player for trumpet, etc.

Yes, Atlanta was closer but we left on Utah vacation that day. Long drive but very Glad I went. Got a t shirt and poster, was tempted to buy the "barrel" featuring 14 hours of unreleased footage. 8 DVDs and 6 CDs @ $225. Stood behind soundboard most of the time.
8fabb212b7222e1898b758157e0e91ce.jpg
ce2425a0db46207e9372c7174dac76bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maren Morris 10/6 at the Rave (Eagles Ballroom) in Milwaukee. Saw her last November at Bradley Center in Milwaukee.

Roger Hodgson puts on a great show. We saw/heard him a couple years ago at Ribfest in Naperville, IL. At the end, the announcer said, "let's hear it for Roger Hodgkins."

Just back from the opening night of Roger Waters in Kansas City - the opening night of his tour.

Roger always puts on a spectacular show, and this was no exception. There were some very cool EFX on and outside of the Wall-sized screen behind the band.

He presented a very satisfying set for an old Floyd fan with a sprinkling from his forthcoming LP. I don't want to delve too heavily into the setlist here for fear of spoilers.

A warning to people with strong political opinions: the lefties should be plenty happy and the righties might range from annoyed to full on PO'd. He has never concealed his opinions, and you can expect an ample helping of them here. In this city the crowd seemed nearly universally supportive. I have heard boo's at a Waters show before - notably Atlanta on 5/22/07. I did not hear any tonight.

The show was presented in quadraphonic, and I was about two seats left of the midline and two rows in front of the soundboard. The SWEET SPOT! I actually had a choice between this and 9th row on the side, and went for the surround. I would say the impact was some diminished by wearing earplugs, which I do at every show, but there were specific moments where even with them it was obvious that the rears were getting a workout. This was the best surround experience I have ever had in concert, and I have seen Roger and Floyd many times. And Steven Wilson.

I would give this show an A- based on the new material being unfamiliar, which would be fine if the vocals had been mixed louder so that every word was clear.

I would say that a liberal Pink Floyd fan could not go wrong seeing this tour.

Back