The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To say I went to a 'gig' last night would be selling the experience short by a 100 miles!
Last night, I had an experience, and that experience was Sigur Ros!
Tim (timbre4) who sat right next to me last night said it best when he said "Sigur Ros played more than music tonight"
I wholeheartedly agree.
I'm still speechless, and I didn't take any pictures or videos because there's no way any phone videos or pictures would do the experience proper justice.
I was also amazed at how completely respectful the audience was at TPAC last night.
There were only a few times that I saw someone take their phone out to get a quick picture or video, and during some of the most quiet moments, you could hear a pin drop. It was eerie and awesome all at once!
Visually you could argue that no one puts on a better show at that level than them.
They use darkness, light, depth, and height to their advantage to change the visual perspective with each and every song.
I really don't know what else to say except here's their remaining tour dates for the year, and if you're anywhere near where these shows are taking place, go! You will thank me later! ;)
https://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

Yes, this was a tremendous show. I hadn't seen them before and definitely didn't want to miss them again. And yes, very very few people on their phones. Like you said, every once in a while someone would sneak a quick pic or a bit of video. For the most part, audience was very attentive and respectful throughout the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night Queen and Adam Lambert, wow, what a great show. Super lights, sound was great with added speakers throughout SAP Center, laser show that would rival Pink Floyd, great audience super into it, and the band was spot on perfect, Adam Lambert a great showman. 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Oh maaaan Hackett was just
IN
CRE
DI
BLE

yes, Beggsy was on bass and guitar duties---t

the first part was SH's stuff but then he "celebrated " WiaW FORTIETH anniversary...Ok he has to remind us old geezers that it was that old..
Steve behaved marvelously and tried the best he could to say stuff in SPANISH...he even mentioned that España eas the country of the GUITAR...he mentoined A. Segovia, Paco de "Luchía", and even though it was not a sellout the crowd was REALLY into it...

And the he played ALL Genesis songs.......wow ..OOOOVE Beggsy's bass pedals..there was even one song that Beggsy sat down in FRONT of the bass pedals and played them BY HAND!!!! gotta love him....and I do...

Firth of Fifth...and even,,,,gulp..."AFTERGLOW" (his nemesis' song, ) he had this great who sounds JUST like Phil C on vocals...

Well, a spledid time was guaranteed for all..and it was... I'll load some pix soon....(no Photo bucket, I guess)

Have an extra "Royal" ticket for King Crimson in Toronto July 5th; PM if interested...

TONIGHT: The Church @ City Winery in Nashville
cfd73dc08f3884ac54d4866fb2cb7afb.jpg

5af6ab4a7f48a90fc4db05361dedfe43.jpg

e0ee4463eb2309ca4bfb30b0f0767938.jpg
2b1cf4ff838e5011b76904507981713f.jpg

TONIGHT: The Church @ City Winery in Nashville
cfd73dc08f3884ac54d4866fb2cb7afb.jpg

5af6ab4a7f48a90fc4db05361dedfe43.jpg

e0ee4463eb2309ca4bfb30b0f0767938.jpg
2b1cf4ff838e5011b76904507981713f.jpg

Amazing! One of my favourite bands... and I have never seen them, they are rarely over here (Sweden) despite Martys and Stevens current and former ties to Sweden. New album coming up!

King Crimson earlier this evening in Toronto. Prior to show tantalizing remarks were made by Dave Singleton regarding a box out before the end of the year (Lizard to Islands era), and a possible 50th anniversary box for ITCOTCK. Jakko mentioned working on SURROUND and stereo mixes of the first two Buford releases.

Anyone lurking here also catch Crimson on the current tour? Songs from Red album were astounding! Improvisation in some fresh directions. Sole disappointment was Islands. One of my favorite tunes, it missed the paradoxically precise yet fluid timing and touch that makes the original a piece of aural magic (for me anyway). Overall, awesome show, and I am grateful that the guys get out there and perform so energetically. There was mention of possible additional dates in the US later in the year.

The "VIP" t shirt was the lamest I have ever seen, and everyone I talked with agreed. A simple King Crimson VIP, not a real logo that I know of, on the front...nothing on the back. Accordingly, there was a literal mob after the show around some guy who was selling much more artistic and rewarding shirts; I am not certain, but assume that since it was an after-show fracas on the street outside the venue, possibly unauthorized...

Got to go to my second Bob Dylan concert on July 4th.
The first was the Rolling Thunder Revue during the last century. Don't remember a thing about that one, but I was there.
The latest one has been on my mind since the concert, so I guess I'm getting my money's worth.
Absolutely not what I thought it would be.
Only played the piano and sang. No guitar or harmonica. Also no talking to the audience. Didn't even introduce the band.
That out of the way, It was a great show. Seems to have transformed himself into a lounge singer of sorts. and it worked. Great band and a relaxed stage setup, with the dark brown curtains and the old movie set lights for affect.
His voice was rough at times, reminded me of Tom Waites, but he is 78 I think, so for an almost 2 hr concert, I couldn't do any better.
if anyone has not seen him for a while, it would do you well to see him on this tour.

The Verve Pipe - acoustic version of entire Villains album exceeded my expectations. Surprised how attached I am to most of the songs on this record. Amusing stories about the writing, Freshmen being so accidental in creation made it more palatable to me now. Not all original but Ace band members made this a touching experience for me. The encore was Don't Fear The Reaper which was great!

Happily, the merch table included $10 CDs and I eagerly snatched up the acoustic show and Parachute (newer album).

44e23ec2ac91fcc2d666c5b8531a0fd8.jpg
91ed0358c9d648ac910c07bfb321da4d.jpg
3c88d13fd17681d951a978d2f85319fb.jpg

¡LA ÚLTIMA GIRA DE RUBÉN BLADES COMO CANTANTE DE SALSA!!!!
Esta noche en el Jardín Botánico de la Universidad Complutense de Madrid....

¡¡A bailar!!

Did he mention his role in Fear the Walking Dead???? :banana:

Did he mention his role in Fear the Walking Dead???? :banana:

No...but he had a b&W slideshow of all the bug names he has worked in HOLLYWOOD...and i'm positive one of the photos was George Romero!!

THAT WAS A TOP NOTCH GIG....paid 50+ EUR...SRO....

You know when an artist gives it all (s)he's got???

THIS WAS THE REAL THINGGGG!!!

If he comes to a town NEAR you...go see him...that "Conjunto" was one of the TIGHTEST ones I've ever HEARD!!!!!

I REALLLYYYY hope he decides to release a disc from this tour!!!!

(gotta give kudos to a local artists that were guests on one of his songs... ..the first thing one of them told Rubén was that "He CAN'T <<<<LEAVE US HANGING!!!)

You know??? I saw Rubén Blades in 88 in Berklee and today's concert is a a WHOLE DIFFERENT GAME..

WHAT A CONCEERT!!!!!!!
He pulled ALL THE STOPS..bless 'im...

I was moving my bones with all the Titanium and all the rest ..and was having a LOT OF
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Last edited:
Steve Hackett, in Sydney on August 4.

He's the only member of the classic 70-75 lineup of Genesis that I haven't seen live in one form or another, so as a long time Genesis fan I'm beside myself. :D(y)

Steve Hackett, in Sydney on August 4.

He's the only member of the classic 70-75 lineup of Genesis that I haven't seen live in one form or another, so as a long time Genesis fan I'm beside myself. :D(y)

Well, I think you'll enjoy it immensely...the first 45 mins are his solo stuff , and then it's ALL Genesis...he'll celebrate WaW's 40th bday and it'll be a blast with Beggsy on bass and gtr(!), although , he doesn't do a good Mike Rutherford...yes, it is Beggsy's style, but I think he could have come a bit closer to Mike's Rick sound...

EDIT: The bottom line is this..
Steve is the ONLY member of that Genesis incarnation who is playing those songs, and will hopefully will play them for a few years (we're not getting any younger)..so . let's enjoy it while it lasts!!!

Bat Out Of Hell The Musical at the London Coliseum. Great performances from the cast leads, nice use of surround speakers to produce a cavernous atmosphere in the theatre, a bit on the loud side when the whole ensemble join in but overall a very worthwhile experience. Next stop on the tour is Toronto so if you're near there it's well worth catching. (y)

Back