The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't miss the Experience Hendrix 2017 Tour featuring Billy Cox, Buddy Guy, Zakk Wylde & many more at the Fox Theater in Oakland on February 24th!
Experience Hendrix | Friday, February 24th

I will be going next Friday, for buying advanced tickets they included, sent in the mail, the RBCD version of Machine Gun/Fillmore East show, pretty nice of them even though I already have the AP SACD.

I'm hoping the tour will hit Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal this summer. Let me know if you're looking to unload that second SACD.

This Christmas my wife and daughter both purchased me tickets for 2 different concerts on the same day. Fortunately my wife was able to finesse a ticket swap for another show the following day. So on Friday I went to Town Hall in NYC to see Gregory Porter (an amazing voice - Jazz/Soul/R&B).

IMG_1588.JPG

The following night it was over to the Infinity Music Hall in Hartford, CT to see the legendary Maceo Parker. 2 1/2 hours of pure funk - what a show! (on a sad note I had learned just earlier in the day, that Maceo's former James Brown bandmate, drummer Clyde Stubblefield (Funky Drummer) had passed away at age 73.

IMG_1609.JPG

We have a festival park here called Artpark that holds summer concerts through the season. I just picked up tickets for Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull tour), ZZ Top, and Brit Floyd. The best part is, general admission is only $12 per ticket.

If anyone wants to meet up, I have tix for Rickie Lee Jones & Madeleine Peyroux in Dallas, plus I hope to make the Experience Hendrix show there (in fact for the latter I might need a ride from near downtown).

Then I have Jean Michel Jarre in Chicago 5/22/17

Then Roger Waters in Kansas City 5/26/17 - I may have an extra ticket for this.

See you round!

Please report back here!

Absolutely fantastic. I will now follow Zakk Wylde and Kenny Wayne Sheperd to the ends of the earth. Let's see how I remember not necessarily in order. Opens with Dweezil Zappa, Keb Mo, Zakk Wylde, Johnny Lang, Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Buddy Guy, Chris Layton on drums, other great musicians I forget there names. My best show of 2017 so far. Jimi Hendrix sister started and ended show with thanks, etc. Show was sold out. Crowd was totally into it. Zakk Wylde was, absolutely unbelievable like a monster buzz saw of guitar, I think he played 50 million notes.
Anyway I am a little groggy at the moment and this is best I can remember.

Absolutely fantastic. I will now follow Zakk Wylde and Kenny Wayne Sheperd to the ends of the earth. Let's see how I remember not necessarily in order. Opens with Dweezil Zappa, Keb Mo, Zakk Wylde, Johnny Lang, Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Buddy Guy, Chris Layton on drums, other great musicians I forget there names. My best show of 2017 so far. Jim Hendrix sister started and ended show with thanks, etc. Show was sold out. Crowd was totally into it. Zakk Wylde was, absolutely unbelievable like a monster buzz saw of guitar, I think he played 50 million notes.
Anyway I am a little groggy at the moment and this is best I can remember.

Zakk Wylde is ridiculous on guitar - I always thought he had a "sound" that seems different than the masses. He's a stand out IMO.

Lucinda Williams in Fort Lauderdale last night. (Amazing as always!) Trying to figure out where to see King Crimson this summer!!:D

Thanks for the alert on the KC tour...I haven't been reading my DGM emails! Going to the Toronto show in July.

The following night it was over to the Infinity Music Hall in Hartford, CT to see the legendary Maceo Parker. 2 1/2 hours of pure funk - what a show! (on a sad note I had learned just earlier in the day, that Maceo's former James Brown bandmate, drummer Clyde Stubblefield (Funky Drummer) had passed away at age 73.

View attachment 28703

Maceo is still amazing! Slimmed down, horn super tight, band super tight, and has really cultivated his singing voice!

Maceo, come blow your horn! Good God! Don't want no trash. Don't want that mess. Gimme some popcorn... (yes, these are slightly different lyrics than the record.)

Maceo with JB on ABC's short lived Music Scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eoSXpNZD9o&spfreload=10
More on 1969's Music Scene TV show: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Music_Scene_(TV_series)

Got to have a Mother for me...

Maceo is still amazing! Slimmed down, horn super tight, band super tight, and has really cultivated his singing voice!

Just secured 2 tickets to Peter Frampton for March 30th in Champaign, IL. :banana:
It's a sort of "acoustic" show, but I'm pretty sure all that means is that it won't be a full blown rock concert. I can't wait to see him. Last time I saw him was 1977!!! I view him as one of the great guitarists.....seems no one else thinks so. That's OK. :)

Last minute show - HIROMI jazz piano trio @ Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood tomorrow night March 6th. Simon Phillips on drums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to Experience Hendrix tonight in Dallas. If anyone local is going let me know and maybe we can say hello!

Snood off to see Bryan Ferry - Orlando Hard Rock in a couple hours :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Back