The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally forgot I have tickets (10th row) for Kansas, October 13th....can't wait for that!!! Not to mention, at the little venue, they sell beer and wine. :banana:

What the hell with all you concert "goers"? I never get asked, I never get to go...no one ever comes to the mid-west. Good effing God. Do I seriously need to travel to Chicago to see anyone worthwhile? So sick of that. Back in the day, all the great bands toured my area. Tickets were easy to find. Today....nada. Only in big city.

Bastages:(

We don't go to very many shows anymore, just find it harder and harder to tolerate the hassle of crowds. Also, few of the bands we would go see play in this town so it means travel so things really have to line up for us to get away, really has to be something we want to see.

We are doing a short getaway trip up to Denver in a couple weeks - Saturday show at The Ogden Theater...Seu Jorge and his "Life Aquatic, Tribute to D Bowie" show:

The Life Aquatic Studio Sessions Featuring Seu Jorge is an album by Brazilian musician Seu Jorge, released in 2005. It is a collection of David Bowie songs (plus one original, "Team Zissou") Jorge recorded in Portuguese for the soundtrack to the film The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
[video=youtube;C-1mYXVP1Ok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-1mYXVP1Ok[/video]

Carl Palmers ELP Experience just finished... Hoedown, the Show That Never Ends, Knife Edge, Lucky Man, Fanfare for the Common Man... next up... Todd Rundgren!:banana:

Carl Palmers ELP Experience just finished... Hoedown, the Show That Never Ends, Knife Edge, Lucky Man, Fanfare for the Common Man... next up... Todd Rundgren!:banana:

Did Todd come out during Carl's set and sing Lucky Man?

Earlier tonight I saw the Shadows Of Knight at my local public library......yes they did play Gloria.

Took the opportunity to see K.D Lang in Toronto on Wednesday night.

Her voice was stellar, along with her band. A very good evening indeed.

You really know the respect and admiration of the audience when in the most soft and quite passages of the song, you could of heard a pin drop. No shout outs. A refreshing experience.

Took the opportunity to see K.D Lang in Toronto on Wednesday night.

Her voice was stellar, along with her band. A very good evening indeed.

You really know the respect and admiration of the audience when in the most soft and quite passages of the song, you could of heard a pin drop. No shout outs. A refreshing experience.

Did she do any of the stuff from the Case/Lang/Viers album on her own? Be interested to see how her band would interpret some of those songs.

Got my tickets to see David Gilmour on the big screen next Wednesday the 13th, then Burton Cummings live on Sept.22 followed one week later on the 29th by Joe Bonamassa....a fantastic September(y)

You know?...My personal experience with Steve Howe has not been good at all-he has always been a grouch...but this is a lot and I feel for him.

I always say, CELEBRATE the LIFE of the departed....they would not have wanted you to be sad...and at least his son got to be an adult and play music!!!

------

On other news, I was planning on going to see the David Gilmour at Pompeii (and see if I could see our fellow QQ'er , César, who was there, but THEY HAVE CLOSED DOWN the movie theaters that I go to...they say they are planning to open again "In Autumn"...but, seeing how little people actually went to these movie theaters..I would not rule out that they are closing down for good!!!!

I saw X at the Waiting Room in Omaha on Monday night. Forty years in and they sounded fantastic. The sound levels were good. Started with earplugs but took them out because the volume was great. Exene sounded better at the show than on the dvd and blu ray I have. Band seemed to be having fun and Billy can still play. I have been a fan since high school, but had never seen them live. Glad I saw the original line up even though I like Dave Alvin's music. Scott

It's a long way off, but grabbed tickets to see Steven Wilson on Monday May 14 in Phoenix. Denver show was on a Saturday which is much more convenient, but the Phoenix show is a nicer theater with reserved seating.

It's a long way off, but grabbed tickets to see Steven Wilson on Monday May 14 in Phoenix. Denver show was on a Saturday which is much more convenient, but the Phoenix show is a nicer theater with reserved seating.

What sort of money are we talking about??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back